bronies on the radio?

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

bronies on the radio?

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 01 May 2013 08:30

double edit: this was a later post of mine that states what i mean better:
I think it would be pretty cool if Aviators was played on a radio somewhere, or Baasik, or someone else who sounds professional these days.

But, as i said in my second post, I said that we would stay in context. For example, when talking about favorite music, talk about Aviators. When talking about a time when you regretted something, make up a story about how you boasted to people at a show like a total jerk, and ended up having the people who you boasted to show you up. (Trixie reference) When talking about the worst party you've ever gone to, talk about how you went to a gala and were expecting it to be how ever you were expecting it, but it turned out to be not up to par with your mind.

I did not intend to have the troll idea of, "haha, rainbowdash. 20% cooler! haha" because that does like dumb. I meant smart references. SMART (emphasis on smart) How cool would it be to have someone say that something "exploded twice" on a radio station when talking about a car fail? Or when talking about the time you were working out really hard and training really hard for something, and you ended up doing really bad compared to everyone else? These are the types of ferences I would do because only a brony would get it, but it sounds like it would potentially be in context of what the radio is talking about.

edit: read my later post to see what I really mean. this is not clear enough.

[size=85]have you ever wanted to get a bunch of bronies to spam call a radio show and talk about ponies or something? Like how they do in Radio graffiti? I think that we should find another station to spam call and then somehow end up talking about ponies instead of what ever they are talking about. What do you guys/gals think? Anyone know of a good station to call?

If you know a station, put the name of the station, it's number and we can totally plan a time to call it.
Last edited by Bronies Are Cool on 02 May 2013 06:43, edited 2 times in total.
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Re: bronies on the radio?

Postby CDPP » 01 May 2013 08:31

No.
CDPP

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 01 May 2013 08:39

why not? I guess if we did it the same way that other bronies did it on radio graffiti, that might be a bad idea, mostly because they were hard core trolling. I would actually rather like to do a thing where we make references to it while still staying in context of what the radio is talking about. For example, if someone is talking about your favorite artists, make a reference to pon-3 or the living tombstone, or someone iconic for the brony community. (sorry I did not put everyone's name on here, but I think pretty much everyone knows the living tombstone as compared to someone like...um...well I'm not going to call anyone out, but you know what I mean.)

I just want to call a radio and make brony references on it because it would be cool.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby JSynth » 01 May 2013 08:54

Sorry, but we don't need to call up a radio station just to talk about ponies. I know its exciting at times, and you feel the urge to make references to everyone, but you don't need to do that on a radio station.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby ExoBassTix » 01 May 2013 09:35

Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Navron » 01 May 2013 09:39

Why reenforce one of the reasons people hate us?
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby ph00tbag » 01 May 2013 09:48

I thought this was going to be a thread about brony music showing up on local radio stations, which would actually be kinda neat. Like if some Aviators track showed up or something.

I wouldn't find out, though, since I don't listen to radio.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Ocular » 01 May 2013 09:53

inactive
Ocular

Postby ExoBassTix » 01 May 2013 09:55

ph00tbag wrote:I don't listen to radio.

I think I would listen to radio more often if I knew that brony music was to be played.
Though I only listen to internet radio (DI.fm hell yeah), because it's easier and you can select what kind of stuff to listen.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Alycs » 01 May 2013 09:59

Yeah, bronies got so much hate because they were whiny trolls, so spamming a radio show with poni... no thanks...

Like someone asking for Aviators to play and them actually doing it, sure, great! Being, "Wooo that song was 20 percent cooler WOO get the reference" *disconnect* just seems a little immature
Soundcloud||Tumblr||Youtube||Graphics||Bandcamp
Freewave wrote:being too critical can make you too critical
Alycs

Cutie Mark: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Postby Nine Volt » 01 May 2013 10:35

Nine Volt

Postby bartekko » 01 May 2013 12:53

yes you guys made your point already, there is no point in telling him no anymore.
also, no
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby Nine Volt » 01 May 2013 13:01

no
Nine Volt

Postby Lying Pink » 01 May 2013 13:14

Bronies Are Cool wrote:I just want to call a radio and make brony references on it because it would be cool.
BaC: This probably isn't necessary, but on the off-chance you're reading the responses and asking yourself, "but why not? I thought it sounded like a funny and enjoyable thing to do," please read this.
There are a lot of people who have a problem with the MLP fandom because the idea of adults, particularly grown men, watching and geeking out over a show mainly designed for young girls strikes them as weird, or even sinister. Those people are ig'nant.
On the other hand, there are people who have a problem with the MLP fandom because of the way some members of it aggressively push MLP into situations where it isn't relevant or appropriate; that deviantArt screencap of someone who photoshopped Rainbow Dash into a photograph of an historical atrocity, people who obsessively attempt to roleplay MLP in non-MLP circles despite protests from people who aren't in the fandom, people who put adult-oriented MLP artwork in places where it'd be easily and unintentionally accessed by people who don't want to see it, people who make pony references in discussions that have nothing to do with the show... People who get annoyed about this... kind of have a point. It's based on a minority of the fandom, sure, but a vocal minority. And every time someone does something like that, even if it was borne out of a love of the show, it just annoys people and makes the other fans look bad. My point is: even if your intention in flashmobbing a radio show with pony stuff is to show your love for the show, the result would likely be annoying people who don't watch the show, and making the rest of us look like dicks. Are either of these things something that you want to achieve?
If you want to spread love for the show, next time someone mentions the show in a negative light in conversation, maybe mention how it's actually pretty funny and has a wider appeal than it gets credit for. Or if people are discussing cartoons that they enjoy, mention the show. And if people are unreceptive, move on.

I think we've exhausted the conversational possibilities of "a register of people who don't want to give the MLP fandom a worse name than it already has by harassing radio stations".
ph00tbag wrote:I thought this was going to be a thread about brony music showing up on local radio stations, which would actually be kinda neat.

Can we talk about this now, instead?
Fnord.
Soundcloud | Tumblr | Skype | YouTube | Email
/)__~
</</
Lying Pink

Primary: Reaper
Cutie Mark: Knees

Postby Nine Volt » 01 May 2013 13:54

No, because it's not going to happen any time soon. At least, not on any stations that aren't run by bronies. As long as it's clearly pony, it's probably not going to show up anywhere.
Nine Volt

Postby Ocular » 01 May 2013 14:36

Nine Volt wrote:No, because it's not going to happen any time soon. At least, not on any stations that aren't run by bronies. As long as it's clearly pony, it's probably not going to show up anywhere.

Not necessarily true. Rosa by Archie and Silva Hound was on House.NET and the Pinkie Pie vocals are the most prominent part of the song.
inactive
Ocular

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 01 May 2013 16:29

I think it would be pretty cool if Aviators was played on a radio somewhere, or Baasik, or someone else who sounds professional these days.

But, as i said in my second post, I said that we would stay in context. For example, when talking about favorite music, talk about Aviators. When talking about a time when you regretted something, make up a story about how you boasted to people at a show like a total jerk, and ended up having the people who you boasted to show you up. (Trixie reference) When talking about the worst party you've ever gone to, talk about how you went to a gala and were expecting it to be how ever you were expecting it, but it turned out to be not up to par with your mind.

I did not intend to have the troll idea of, "haha, rainbowdash. 20% cooler! haha" because that does like dumb. I meant smart references. SMART (emphasis on smart) How cool would it be to have someone say that something "exploded twice" on a radio station when talking about a car fail? Or when talking about the time you were working out really hard and training really hard for something, and you ended up doing really bad compared to everyone else? These are the types of ferences I would do because only a brony would get it, but it sounds like it would potentially be in context of what the radio is talking about.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Nine Volt » 01 May 2013 16:30

Hm....

No.
Nine Volt

Postby topitmunkeydog » 01 May 2013 16:37

I feel like the way you guys are interpreting it, no, it wouldn't work. But how would it be if we all just requested pony songs without being obnoxious? If so it should be on a national or satellite station so everyone can participate.
topitmunkeydog

Primary: (trying to learn) ableton
Cutie Mark: yes

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 01 May 2013 16:51

i'm cool with that, but they would have to be the ones of quality. Nobody wants to listen to the noobs music if it sounds like complete noobness. (I would be in that category.) We have to pick the songs that sound awesome, even to the ears of non-bronies. (sounds familiar...)
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 01 May 2013 20:44

Guy, either you're trolling or you're really, really dumb.

No matter which way, no.

This is a terrible, immature idea and won't be fun. Go do something else.
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.

Postby itroitnyah » 01 May 2013 20:50

Already done about a year and a half ago.

On my opinion about bronies going onto the radio, I don't really care. Like, people have said that it'll make us all look like idiots before in this thread and they're probably right. I think it'd work a lot better with something that not quite as many people hate, like making Dr Who references or something. Honestly I'm pretty much starting to get over this fandom. Leaving? No, just sorta sitting in the shadows watching the show not really caring.

As of now, you can go ahead and make a call to your radio station and talk about earning double of something or whatever to make a really obscure brony reference, but I doubt anyone will get it (depending on how obscure it is). I'd be more willing to bet you'd just get off the phone and feel like an idiot, but you go ahead and call your radiostation and tell us how it goes. *takes sip of coffee and goes back to reading book*
Last edited by itroitnyah on 01 May 2013 20:57, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby vladnuke » 01 May 2013 20:54

turntechGodhead:nah bruh. you bout to spahgetti this shit like holy fucking shit stop full stop.

turntechGodhead:http://www.cringechannel.com/2013/03/30/video-guy-screams-at-everyone-to-do-the-harlem-shake-no-one-does-it/

turntechGodhead:ghost was funny because he was a racist piece of shit who deserved to be fucked with.

turntechGodhead:this ain't fucking funny.

turntechGodhead:see that fucker in that vid?

turntechGodhead:don't do that shit.
vladnuke

Postby TranquilHooves » 02 May 2013 16:21

no
TranquilHooves

Cutie Mark: Sick Skrill Wubs™

Postby topitmunkeydog » 02 May 2013 16:31

vladnuke wrote:turntechGodhead:nah bruh. you bout to spahgetti this shit like holy fucking shit stop full stop.

turntechGodhead:http://www.cringechannel.com/2013/03/30/video-guy-screams-at-everyone-to-do-the-harlem-shake-no-one-does-it/

turntechGodhead:ghost was funny because he was a racist piece of shit who deserved to be fucked with.

turntechGodhead:this ain't fucking funny.

turntechGodhead:see that fucker in that vid?

turntechGodhead:don't do that shit.

oh mah gaaaaaaaawd
topitmunkeydog

Primary: (trying to learn) ableton
Cutie Mark: yes

Next

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic