Want to be a pony in real life?

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Re: Want to be a pony in real life?

Postby Sugarholik » 08 May 2013 09:40

Glad you got your shit sorted out Navron.
And thank you.

While I understand you don't want anyone to go through what you did and hence having an opposing stance, I'd like to give a different view. Don't get me wrong, I respect you for warning other people because indeed these things are not risk free.

But... I think you have a wrong idea when you tell everyone to stay out of drugs/meditating etc. when they fucked you up. There are a lot of people who have become better persons through these things or their quality of life were improved. It seems to me that what ended up hurting you was not drugs or astral projection or anything else, but your destructive motive to do those. Am I completely wrong by saying you looked down to other people and the world while trying to achieve something greater by escaping inside your mind? Rejecting the reality that you live in can't bring happiness or peace. Not for you or anyone else.
However, if you are at peace with yourself and the world you live in, exploring the world within your mind responsibly and in moderation can be interesting, fun and even help you in many ways.
Navron wrote:only if you know exactly what you're doing, both physically, and mentally
True.

-------------

Also I'd like to point out:
Navron wrote:ayahuasca is effective, is because it basically resets your neuroreceptors

Effective substances in ayahuasca are DMT and MAOI. DMT is a serotonergic psychedelic (like LSD, psilocybin and many others) and MAOI makes it possible to consume DMT orally because otherwise it would be broken down by enzymes in your mouth before entering your system. As DMT is a tryptamine and thus structurally similiar to serotonin it is fair to assume that MAOI also causes DMT to last longer in your synapses and may boost the effects compared to bare DMT. That being said it won't 'reset' your brain chemistry, but fucks it up further. Although mostly in to a direction that can be beneficial. It is quite common for these type of drugs to make their user more introspective (think about your visions) which may help realizing problems behind eg. depression. That's one reason the experience is therapetic.
But subjectively it's reasonable to say it indeed 'resets' your brain. I have tried psilocybin (magic mushrooms) myself and it was quite mild dose, but afterwards it felt like 'the OS of my brain was reinstalled'.

Speaking of drugs, if you think you may end up trying something or if you are just generally interested erowid is a site that has probably saved lives.
Last edited by Sugarholik on 09 May 2013 06:53, edited 1 time in total.
Holy fuck, it's been such a long time! Thanks all 'yall everyponies! If you're a familiar username on a nostalgia trip, I sincerely hope life's been treating you well. I've certainly had quite a journey! The ride never ends! <3

Sugarholik

Primary: Renoise
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Nine Volt » 08 May 2013 13:06

lol, nobody here cares if you endorse drugs or not. It's not illegal, plus you're not actually even distributing or telling people where to get it, so why would it be? I'm assuming Finland has free speech...
Nine Volt

Postby FLAOFEI » 08 May 2013 18:48

Sugarholik wrote:Some good informative stuff

Nine Volt wrote:Stuff

Had to go check in the forum rules... Thought there was a rule about not endorsing illegal stuff... I was wrong, that rule was about only illegal file sharing. Surprised me. :?
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Sugarholik » 09 May 2013 06:55

FLAOFEI wrote:Thought there was a rule about not endorsing illegal stuff... I was wrong

Hm. Okay then, edit'd.
Holy fuck, it's been such a long time! Thanks all 'yall everyponies! If you're a familiar username on a nostalgia trip, I sincerely hope life's been treating you well. I've certainly had quite a journey! The ride never ends! <3

Sugarholik

Primary: Renoise
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby VeePoint2 » 17 May 2013 19:58

I'm looking into this once I finish my studies on Tulpas.
"...See you in the mosh pit!"
:)
VeePoint2

Postby caprixsnare » 26 Jun 2013 13:04

i did it i became pinkiepie ^_^
all of my love!
steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055537208/
my crappy soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ram-panter
my lastfm:http://www.last.fm/home

Am I the only person dumb enough to make hardcore on reason?
caprixsnare

Primary: reason 6.5
Cutie Mark: a flank with flank

Postby caprixsnare » 26 Jun 2013 16:29

now im a fish
all of my love!
steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055537208/
my crappy soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ram-panter
my lastfm:http://www.last.fm/home

Am I the only person dumb enough to make hardcore on reason?
caprixsnare

Primary: reason 6.5
Cutie Mark: a flank with flank

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 29 Jun 2013 11:09

And now this should be locked.
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby Ocular » 01 Aug 2013 10:59

Let's stop being bad peepul and talk about hypnosis...

...which is why the damn thread was made in the first place.

On a related note, I was successfully put into a trance when I tried the RD one I felt very feminine, but still masculine in a sense. Tomboyish I guess. I could feel fur and ears and stuff too but I couldn't feel wings. Either way tho, I'd do it again.
inactive
Ocular

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 01 Aug 2013 11:08

Necro. Lol, oh well.

I have not done this in months, but experiencing it was awesome. I might try again sometime with my beats because it would remove outside noises.
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby Freewave » 01 Aug 2013 11:14

Bronies Are Cool wrote:And now this should be locked.

Agreed!
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Previous

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic