MLP TV movie + New Branch off MLP:FiM

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Re: MLP TV movie + New Branch off MLP:FiM

Postby S.P.P » 11 Jun 2013 08:51

Why cant we all just not give a flying fuck? Some people don't mind the idea, some people do. And we all leave that discussion as friends. Rather than arguing til we're hoarse (dat pun) and raising tensions..
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby ganondox » 11 Jun 2013 10:27

Nine Volt wrote:Oh no, Ganondox has been doing this type of shit from the beginning.

Ganondox, I'm going to be completely honest and tell you that nobody cares whether or not you think it's a bad concept. It's something different, and you are clearly not a fan of changes that you perceive with your narrow vision to be "bad". You're clearly not changing any opinions here and are just inciting arguments, so why don't you stop forcing your opinion into discussion about EQG. I saw you do that in one of Conchetup's music posts when it had no relevance to the song whatsoever. You just waltzed in there and gave a little review of the track, then posted a paragraph on why EQG is "a terrible idea". Nobody cares. Even if it does end up sucking, you're still not getting anything for predicting it.

tldr: We stopped caring when you shoved your opinion in everyone's faces.

1. Apparently people do care, or else we wouldn't even be having this discussion because there would be no backlash against the negative reactions to EQG.
2. " narrow vision ", there you go, attacking people who disagree with you again. It's not narrow mindedness, it's a mixture of standards and insight. Just because you may or may not lack one or both of those doesn't mean that does who disagree with you are narrow minded.
3. I was critiquing the lyrics, which ARE part of the song. The lyrics to the song declared that the song was going to be good, I wasn't saying that it's going to be bad or it was a "terrible idea", just that such a standpoint is hypocritical because, after-all, the show isn't out yet.
4.I don't really give two fucks about EQG, there is nothing that can be done about it's existence now, what I do give a fuck about the efforts being made to compel people into watching it.
5. I'm not shoving my opinion in your face anymore than the supporters are shoving theres, so stop being a hypocrite (double hypocricy because of the "bronies shove ponies everwhere" argument). People have opinions, and they are going to express them. This thread is for the discussion of the franchise, in favor and against.
6. I get an "I told you so", those are worth their weight in gold. ;)
ganondox

Primary: Garage Band :P
Cutie Mark: Σ

Postby S.P.P » 11 Jun 2013 10:35

ganondox wrote:This thread is for the discussion of the franchise, in favor and against.

Discussion, not arguing. I personally think the whole thing should just be dropped. Some people don't mind Equestria Girls, some people really do. (But most people do).

So now let's just move on, because every possible point has been made.
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby itroitnyah » 11 Jun 2013 10:46

ganondox wrote:1. Apparently people do care, or else we wouldn't even be having this discussion because there would be no backlash against the negative reactions to EQG.
I think you mean that you and eery care, because I haven't seen many other people in the fandom complaining about EqG, or at least not as many as before.
2. " narrow vision ", there you go, attacking people who disagree with you again. It's not narrow mindedness, it's a mixture of standards and insight. Just because you may or may not lack one or both of those doesn't mean that does who disagree with you are narrow minded.
Well, being narrow minded means that you have an intolerance of, breadth of view, little sympathy, etc. So being politically correct, you are indeed narrow minded, and 9V trying to tell you that you should give it a chance and not shove your opinion in others peoples faces like your opinion is better than theirs isn't narrow minded.
4.I don't really give two fucks about EQG, there is nothing that can be done about it's existence now, what I do give a fuck about the efforts being made to compel people into watching it.
If you don't care, then don't come here and argue, because by doing so, it shows that you really do care. I can't imagine that watching TV with you would be a good experience by any means, because every time an advertisement would come on, I get the feeling that you would get up and shout and whine and rage at the advertisement for their efforts to compel people into buying the product. So you're being a hypocrite as well, telling us that we can't try and compel people into watching it, but you can compel people into not watching it (which you've been trying to do this whole thread)
You don't get an "I told you so" until the movie comes out and it is indeed as bad as you've been suggesting. Not before then, only after then. So don't go around marching your flag in triumph until you've actually won the battle.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby ExoBassTix » 11 Jun 2013 11:11

itroitnyah wrote:
ganondox wrote:1. Apparently people do care, or else we wouldn't even be having this discussion because there would be no backlash against the negative reactions to EQG.
I think you mean that you and eery care, because I haven't seen many other people in the fandom complaining about EqG, or at least not as many as before.
Well, being narrow minded means that you have an intolerance of, breadth of view, little sympathy, etc. So being politically correct, you are indeed narrow minded, and 9V trying to tell you that you should give it a chance and not shove your opinion in others peoples faces like your opinion is better than theirs isn't narrow minded.
If you don't care, then don't come here and argue, because by doing so, it shows that you really do care. I can't imagine that watching TV with you would be a good experience by any means, because every time an advertisement would come on, I get the feeling that you would get up and shout and whine and rage at the advertisement for their efforts to compel people into buying the product. So you're being a hypocrite as well, telling us that we can't try and compel people into watching it, but you can compel people into not watching it (which you've been trying to do this whole thread)
You don't get an "I told you so" until the movie comes out and it is indeed as bad as you've been suggesting. Not before then, only after then. So don't go around marching your flag in triumph until you've actually won the battle.

PYR3LIGHT wrote:
ganondox wrote:This thread is for the discussion of the franchise, in favor and against.

Discussion, not arguing. I personally think the whole thing should just be dropped. Some people don't mind Equestria Girls, some people really do. (But most people do).

So now let's just move on, because every possible point has been made.

bold = are you kidding me?
underlined = what I believe is true.

You all, itroitnyah, ganondox, Nine Volt, could've decided to just stop arguing, y'know.
None did.
What would other bronies think if they were to encounter this thread upon random?
Think of that. Others read this thread, read your arguing if they care. I care because I'm like that, for your information.
Them other bronies, what would they think of this? Look at this all from another perspective.
Don't you think that they'll be disgusted that this kind of people exist? And no offense to any of you. But let's face it:

1. A new movie of MLP:FiM is announced, featuring the mane6 and other ponies in human form.
2. A discussion thread is created to talk about it.
3. Three bronies (or just MLR-dwellers, okay 9V) make a fuzz about it, constantly throwing insulting gestures at each other and converting an innocent discussion thread into an unending ranting hellhole.

Is that what you guys wanted?
As far as I know, there have only been posted opinions here before the argument started, correct me if I'm wrong. (If wrong though, realize that nothing is when it's not scientifically proven or massively agreed upon, it's just what you believe.)
Is it completely necessary to try to stab others' opinion(s), others' believe(s), like popping an infant's balloon? I think not.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby ExoBassTix » 11 Jun 2013 12:10

eery wrote:

If you dont care about it why do you care so much about showing people up about being wrong and you being right. I get that you want to be optimistic for it, and thats fine, but I believe I have every right to be pessimistic about something that is obviously bad writing

crossed out = some think of it as good writing.
underlined = true.

You're implying you arent doing the same. You're so important about putting the opposite opinion down, while blatently calling us narrowminded for thinking something else for you. Has it occured to you maybe we did consider the opposite? That it might be good? I've even actually said that I think the movie itself could be enjoyable, but the fucking CONCEPT of twilight becoming a highschooler, is fucking retarded, bad writing and obviously a ploy by hasbro to earn more money.

crossed out = some think of it as not retarded, not bad writing, and don't care whether or not hasbro does this just to earn money, and then some just don't mind.
bold = think about that for a little. It's in exact the same insulting speech pattern as itroitnyah.
underlined = true.

we can't try and compel people into watching it, but you can compel people into not watching it (which you've been trying to do this whole thread)

Can you stop putting words in the mouths of people for ONE SECOND? Seriously, nobody here is trying to compell anybody into doing anything, everyone is free to do whatever they wish, and if you want to watch it, do so. Nor me or ganondox are fucking facists trying to get you to not support this, we've just expressed that we think the idea of it is stupid. Because it really is.

Think fucking double rainboom, it took rainbow dash into a portal to powerpuff girls. This was BAD writing, it had no place in the general story, and didn't add to it.

underlined = and everybody's fine with that all. True.
crossed out = not proven, not agreed with by everyone on the world, and some just don't care. Stating nonexistent facts doesn't have any effect whatsoever except spurring the arguments you're arguing about.

While its a bit of a difference, since twilight has a reason to go into the portal (She had to get back her tiara or some shit from that sinisterlooking redhead)

Twilight going to highschool is the same thing. Its an uneccecary locationchange for the sake of progressing the story. This is bad writing. This is not how you effectively transition and progress a story. I dont care if its a childrens show, having good writing is something that makes me want to continue watching and be into the story. What you're suggesting is that we dont know anything about it, since it isnt out yet. Which is obviously not the case.

bold = ever seen Tom & Jerry? Even if you don't like it, there are TONS of people that do enjoy that show quite a lot. Not as much as we enjoy My Little Pony, but still.

Arguments like these have gotten plenty of thread lockies already, I don't want to to see an innocent discussion-thread about the new MLP TV movie die because of one of such arguments.
But if it goes on, I believe that it'll be a necessary step anyways.

Guys. If this is something that you call worthy of ruining social contacts with, there's something called PMs that you can continue that with. Others are reading this too. And I know that there are others on this board that don't like seeing other people argue shitloads against each other for whatever reason, and you guys are in their way of discussing this subject in a friendly way, without cutting each others' head off.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 11 Jun 2013 12:19

Look. I'll still sorry for all of this seriously, I would have never started this thread If I knew there would be so much fighting
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby itroitnyah » 11 Jun 2013 13:09

eery wrote:If you dont care about it why do you care so much about showing people up about being wrong and you being right. I get that you want to be optimistic for it, and thats fine, but I believe I have every right to be pessimistic about something that is obviously bad writing
I do care about it, lol. I'm pretty excited for it to come out. I have high expectations for it, and trust that the writers know what they're doing.

You're implying you arent doing the same. You're so important about putting the opposite opinion down, while blatently calling us narrowminded for thinking something else for you. Has it occured to you maybe we did consider the opposite? That it might be good? I've even actually said that I think the movie itself could be enjoyable, but the fucking CONCEPT of twilight becoming a highschooler, is fucking retarded, bad writing and obviously a ploy by hasbro to earn more money.
I'm doing exactly what 9V is doing, trying to tell you guys to calm down and not hate on it so much until there's good reason to hate it.

Can you stop putting words in the mouths of people for ONE SECOND? Seriously, nobody here is trying to compell anybody into doing anything, everyone is free to do whatever they wish, and if you want to watch it, do so. Nor me or ganondox are fucking facists trying to get you to not support this, we've just expressed that we think the idea of it is stupid. Because it really is.
It certainly sounds like either of you are telling us that it's bad and we shouldn't watch it. Perhaps you both should have been more clear and I should have done a better job of completely reading what you guys wrote. It's both our faults.

Think fucking double rainboom, it took rainbow dash into a portal to powerpuff girls.
I actually liked double rainboom, lol. The concept behind it was stupid though.

Twilight going to highschool is the same thing. Its an uneccecary locationchange for the sake of progressing the story. This is bad writing. This is not how you effectively transition and progress a story. I dont care if its a childrens show, having good writing is something that makes me want to continue watching and be into the story. What you're suggesting is that we dont know anything about it, since it isnt out yet. Which is obviously not the case.

Alright, since you're apparently really good and amazing at writing storylines, how do you think that the movie should go, from the point where the thief steals Twi's crown and jumps through the portal? By the way you're talking, it really sounds like if Hasbro fired their current episode writers and hired you instead, everything they do would improve by a ton.

Bronies Are Cool wrote:Look. I'll still sorry for all of this seriously, I would have never started this thread If I knew there would be so much fighting
itroitnyah

Postby Sonarch » 11 Jun 2013 13:44

Can everyone please just shut up? I feel like at this point nobody really cares about the argument, they're just far enough in that they don't want to admit defeat or some crap like that.
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Nine Volt » 11 Jun 2013 14:13

Sonarch wrote:Can everyone please just shut up? I feel like at this point nobody really cares about the argument, they're just far enough in that they don't want to admit defeat or some crap like that.

I'm with Sonarch on this one. Well, not the admitting defeat because I think everyone here honestly thinks they're right, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.
Nine Volt

Postby itroitnyah » 11 Jun 2013 14:22

eery wrote:Lol. When you review other peoples tracks do you review only stuff you think you can do better than? I dont have to be a chef to tell eggs are overcooked either. I know because they taste bad.
Well, it'd be pointless for me to review a track that is beyond my abilities to review since I wouldn't be able to give helpful input.

You dont have to be a writer to see that something is illogical, and not a good idea. If I were the writer, I wouldnt have a portal at all, since its a location change that tries to progress the story. You should progress a story with the storyline.
Isn't trying to progress the story a good idea? I don't see how the location changes whether the progression of the story is good or not.

Put it up against indiana jones. It has loads of locationchanges, but with good purpose.
You know what? Sure, let's do that. Indiana finds out about an artifact. So it's hidden in a temple in a far away land, and Jones has to reach his goal and get the artifact before the evil guy does. In EqG, Twi has to retrieve a very important item. This important item is very comparable to the artifact in IJ. This item is in a very far away place, just like the artifact in IJ is. Twilight also has to beat the bad guys to the object with the help of her allies. Only difference now is that IJ is a bit more mature, and that EG involves teleportation to another dimension. Slight exaggerations in each, but the thing I'm trying to say is, you need to better explain why the location change in EG is really awful, when it isn't all the different from the location changes in IJ.

Can everyone please just shut up? I feel like at this point nobody really cares about the argument, they're just far enough in that they don't want to admit defeat or some crap like that.
3: I actually quite enjoy arguments like this, regardless of whether I'm right or wrong.
itroitnyah

Postby Sonarch » 11 Jun 2013 18:23

lol, I just don't like seeing people get mad at each other. If none of you are legitimately angry please continue
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Nine Volt » 11 Jun 2013 18:25

I argue with people all the time here, but I sincerely hope none of you actually stay angry. It's mostly the rush of anger from arguments that I enjoy, then once the arguments are done I don't hold grudges of any type, so if I've ever argued with any of you please don't take it as meaning I don't like you or anything. I just enjoy arguing, that's all.

By the way, itroitnyah, we sound very similar to each other.
Nine Volt

Postby Sonarch » 11 Jun 2013 18:46

itroitnyah and Nine Volt confirmed for same person
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 11 Jun 2013 18:47

I love OP's reaction to my stupid comment. I just wish I never said anything to bring is all to this fighting. If only we knew about the magic of friendship or something.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Sonarch » 11 Jun 2013 19:07

Friendship? Not here, that's preposterous!
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 11 Jun 2013 19:30

Spike is the shit as a dog.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Magnitude Zero » 11 Jun 2013 19:36

eery wrote:To compare, in EQG, The element of harmony doesn't have any usage in this story. Its just a imporant artifact that's stolen, which weakens equestrias defence.

Just out of curiosity, how were you able to deduce that from just the trailers? There could be so much more to the story that we haven't seen yet. Knowing the MLP writers, I would not be surprised if this was the case.

Speculation is great, but don't base your entire opinion on guesswork. "Humans, therefore shit writing" is not solid logic.
Formerly known as Blind

DAW: FL Studio 10
Style: Chill/Downtempo

Soundcloud | Youtube | Tumblr
Magnitude Zero

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Horse butt not large enough

Postby Sonarch » 11 Jun 2013 19:53

...when does this movie come out again?
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Magnitude Zero » 11 Jun 2013 20:03

eery wrote:"Retrieve your crown, without it, the other elements of harmony have to power, and equestria is left without one of its most important means of defence."

Ehh this quote is ambiguous at best. It might be that they actually do need the crown for some threat that hasn't been mentioned. It might also be that Sunset Shimmer stole it for reasons other than petty jealousy and is purposely making Equestria vulnerable as part of some intricate scheme that we find out about later. Or some super crazy plot twist that no one could ever see coming. Again, we've only had those two trailers, so there is a metric fuckton of room for speculation.

Its also not "Humans, therefore shit writing" but "Portals and highschool, therefore shit writing"

Hehe. I can totally see where you're coming from here. But the MLP writing staff has surprised me before by taking something that looks like absolute shit on paper into a genuinely amazing story. As of now I haven't seen any reason to believe otherwise, but really this is a case of pessimism vs. optimism in the end and can't really be debated.

Sonarch wrote:...when does this movie come out again?

Not soon enough, man...
Formerly known as Blind

Magnitude Zero

Postby Nine Volt » 11 Jun 2013 20:04

I hope that crazy plot twist is that they were all dead to begin with and Celestia is a narcissistic dictator with a god complex.
Nine Volt

Postby Sonarch » 11 Jun 2013 20:06

Directed by M Night Shymamyamalaymalan
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Magnitude Zero » 11 Jun 2013 20:25

Oh yeah there's no doubt Hasbro had some part in this. It's kinda lameballs and I would have loved to see what they could have come up with without being forced to send Twilight to Humanland, but the MLP staff has proven time and time again that they know their shit so it's whatevs. I'm sure it'll be great. And if it's not, it doesn't affect the main MLP storyline in any way, so we still got our show.
Formerly known as Blind

Magnitude Zero

Postby itroitnyah » 11 Jun 2013 21:30

Nine Volt wrote:By the way, itroitnyah, we sound very similar to each other.
Sonarch wrote:itroitnyah and Nine Volt confirmed for same person
Hehe, so I'm not the only one who's noticed :3

eery wrote:His theories
Well eery, what it sounds like is that you're taking what you've seen from the trailers, and assuming that the trailer is telling everything that will happen in the movie. Of course Twi being in high school is a big part of the movie, so they're going to show it a lot in the trailer. That's not the main focus though, the main focus being Twi attempting to get the crown with the help of her friends. It just happens to be in a high school setting, humanized. You've said it yourself, Hasbro is a capitalist company, and since quite a few bronies have taken to humanizing ponies, Hasbro knows they can attract a crowd by making it canon. They really flash the whole "human" and "high school", real life things more because they want bronies to see that their fanon is canon, hence prompting them to want to see it.

And your bit about a portal being a bad way to progress the story? Only in some cases. As long as it's used properly, it can be a great way to advance a story. Remember, Equestria is a magical place, so magical things can happen, such as Twi teleporting, Dash can break the sound barrier and the shattering of the barrier will produce a rainbow colored halo thingy, you get the idea. Because Equestria is a magical place, we can automatically assume that there are portals, because those are magical. We can't really determine how powerful a unicorn has to be to summon a portal, moreover a portal to another dimension, but it's possible. Remember, magic is the key word here.

in comparrison with Indiana jones, where its Villian X takes artifact Y to location Z, in order to use artifact Y to open the treasure or whatever it might be in location Z. To compare, in EQG, The element of harmony doesn't have any usage in this story. Its just a imporant artifact that's stolen, which weakens equestrias defence.
Right, so the important key to a big part of Equestria's defense isn't as important as a treasure for IJ to find and sell to a museum?
itroitnyah

Postby ExoBassTix » 11 Jun 2013 22:49

itroitnyah wrote:
Nine Volt wrote:By the way, itroitnyah, we sound very similar to each other.
Sonarch wrote:itroitnyah and Nine Volt confirmed for same person
Hehe, so I'm not the only one who's noticed :3

I'd be surprised if someone didn't.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

PreviousNext

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic