MLP TV movie + New Branch off MLP:FiM

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

MLP TV movie + New Branch off MLP:FiM

Postby itroitnyah » 10 Feb 2013 13:02

More drama and stuff inc. The news starts after the first transformers graph, and lasts 1 paragraph.

So yes, mlp is getting a tv movie. I personally can't wait, I trust that it's going to be good

And MLP is also getting a new tv series that's going to be more directed towards people our age. So wait, they weren't already directing the tv show to people our age? Guess not. So there will be two different mlp tv shows running at the same time. I'm kinda curious as to how this series will turn out, definitely going to watch it when it comes out to see how it is. And that's another thing, how different is it going to be from the current mlp? Will there be fight? Swearing? alcohol, sexual references, blood, something else to make it teenager-adult leveled? Pretty excited, tbh lol.

Wow, what a week, guys. This is just... I'm not even sure. Discuss.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: MLP TV movie + New Branch off MLP:FiM

Postby KingTrollestia » 10 Feb 2013 13:24

I'm gonna love Equestria Girls. I have a feeling it'll actually be pretty damn good IMO. Hopefully they keep the same VA's around.
DAW: Logic Pro 9

Studying to become an Audio Engineer, amongst making kick ass music

VST: Massive, Kontakt 5, Reaktor 5, Absynth 5, NLogPoly Synth

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/KingTrollestia
KingTrollestia

Postby KingTrollestia » 10 Feb 2013 13:28

Ugh July can't get hear fast enough!

KingTrollestia

Postby itroitnyah » 10 Feb 2013 13:30

Of course July can't get hear, it's a month not a living organism
itroitnyah

Postby KingTrollestia » 10 Feb 2013 13:32

itroitnyah wrote:Of course July can't get hear, it's a month not a living organism

I see what you did there

KingTrollestia

Postby soultensionbenjamin » 10 Feb 2013 13:39

All we can do is continue to be great fans i have complete faith in Hasbro

despite our disputes as a community.
soultensionbenjamin

Postby Alycs » 10 Feb 2013 16:42

I'm really excited about what they are going to do with the new branch of MLP. I mean, this will mean TWO shows to fan over!
Soundcloud||Tumblr||Youtube||Graphics||Bandcamp
Freewave wrote:being too critical can make you too critical
Alycs

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Postby Nine Volt » 10 Feb 2013 16:45

I hope they make it take place in the grim dark future of Equestria where there is only war, and there is no peace amongst the hills, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of the thirsting gods. Oh yeah, and all the magic of friendship and all that. But not too friendly. Because there's war everywhere.
Last edited by Nine Volt on 10 Feb 2013 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
Nine Volt

Postby Alycs » 10 Feb 2013 16:51

Nine Volt wrote:I hope they make it take place in the grim dark future of Equestria where there is only war, and there is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of the thirsting gods. Oh yeah, and all the magic of friendship and all that. But not too friendly. Because there's war everywhere.

I think that's called Fallout Equestria.

I wonder if they will use the Background 6 (Probably not, but if they are acknowledging the bronies already... who knows)
Alycs

Postby Nine Volt » 10 Feb 2013 16:53

Alycs wrote:
Nine Volt wrote:I hope they make it take place in the grim dark future of Equestria where there is only war, and there is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of the thirsting gods. Oh yeah, and all the magic of friendship and all that. But not too friendly. Because there's war everywhere.

I wonder if they will use the Background 6 (Probably not, but if they are acknowledging the bronies already... who knows)

It's a Warhammer 40,000 reference, but alright :3
Nine Volt

Postby itroitnyah » 10 Feb 2013 16:55

Oooh, using the background mane 6 would be pretty awesome.
itroitnyah

Postby Mundius » 10 Feb 2013 16:55

Alycs wrote:

What's Fallout Equestria? Is it like 1984?

Seriously, ponies and 1984 that takes place in the towns and a protagonist that does not end up in Miniluv. I want to see that.
Mundius

Primary: Not yet specified.

Postby Alycs » 10 Feb 2013 16:59

Nine Volt wrote:
Alycs wrote:

In which I am again reminded of how culturally inept I am from being homeschooled. xD

^My Little-Big Brother?
Alycs

Postby Alycs » 10 Feb 2013 17:02

Nine Volt wrote:
Alycs wrote:

In which I am again reminded of how culturally inept I am from being homeschooled. xD

^My Little-Big Brother?

But no, Fallout:Eq is more: End of the World, monsters everywhere, dying and blood and shooting things and unravelling the past and fighting the powers that be and stuff like that.
Alycs

Postby ghelded_kultz » 10 Feb 2013 23:11

The spin-off is mostly likely not going to be good. It's probably going to be Equestria Girls, which looks like it's going to be some really crappy humanizations.

However, if the spin-off was how I wanted it to be, I'd hope that it is a disjointed history, setting building series. No connections between the episodes other than the occasional arc, but rathe rin depth explorations of the history and culture of Equestria and its world.
"Wherever we are, what we hear is mostly noise. When we ignore it, it disturbs us. When we listen to it, we find it fascinating." - John Cage

Trolls and makers of bad music, thats us!
http://soundcloud.com/ghelded-kultz/tracks
ghelded_kultz

Postby Stars In Autumn » 11 Feb 2013 03:03

Moved to MLP forum.
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Postby Matthew N. » 11 Feb 2013 05:21

I doubt I will watch it if it won't include the 'mane 6.' I think they are trying too hard with this one... just work on the carrier-series and make them as good as in S1.
Matthew N.

Postby Nine Volt » 11 Feb 2013 05:54

More seriously, I'll probably at least check it out. Of course that's also what I said about season 3, and I still haven't watched an episode of it :/
Nine Volt

Postby LFP » 11 Feb 2013 09:03

I'll check it out and continue watching if I find it appealing :3
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby ChromaticChaosPony » 11 Feb 2013 18:47

Inb4 Tiarawhy is put in charge of the new series spin-off for bronies
ChromaticChaosPony

Primary: Not yet specified.

Postby Nine Volt » 11 Feb 2013 18:49

Oh god that would be awesome awful
Nine Volt

Postby itroitnyah » 11 Feb 2013 19:56

>_> Somehow a tv series about ponies who sit around and do sexual stuff all day doesn't sound as appealing to me as it apparently does to other people.
itroitnyah

Postby Nine Volt » 11 Feb 2013 20:00

itroitnyah wrote:>_> Somehow a tv series about ponies who sit around and do sexual stuff all day doesn't sound as appealing to me as it apparently does to other people.

It's apparently the one thing Freewave and I can agree on :3
Nine Volt

Postby soultensionbenjamin » 11 Feb 2013 20:56

Somehow a tv series about ponies who sit around and do sexual stuff all day doesn't sound as appealing to me as it apparently does to other people.

dont knock it till you try it
soultensionbenjamin

Postby Pimps_McGee » 11 Feb 2013 20:57

SPEAKING OF RUMORS!!!
http://fuck--no--my--little--pony.tumblr.com/post/42733914259/leaked-my-little-pony-movie-infomation
This is the current leading one about what this new IP is going to be. (God I hope it is fake).
A larger version of the picture in question. Also, I did try a reverse image search which turned up 0 results.

Now this next part is EXTREMELY likely to be fake, but I'll go ahead and post it.
Essentially last night on 4chan's /mlp/ board a person came forward claiming to be part of the show and the informant to the person who leaked the photo. Basically he provided in great detail information about the show.
Why I find it so sketchy is because a similar event happened in the past where a so-called "informant" came forward with amazing details about the show, which all turned out to be false.
However, here it is. http://i.imgur.com/9sOY2E3.jpg

As for 100% true information we've recently been told that there is a new IP coming with a made-for-TV movie and we'll receive more information at the San Diego Comic Con.
As based on the information in this post http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/possible-equestria-girls-movie-on-way.html
Mr. Hasbro CEO states that the movie is meant to launch the new IP, so there's a very likely chance this won't be the pony movie we all hope for.

We also got information on Hasbro trademarking "Equestria Girls" as indicated here http://www.markhound.com/trademark/search/hb53Tb9j4
Note the parts:
Dolls, doll clothing and doll accessories
Entertainment services, namely an on-going animated television series for children
Which in contrast to the Friendship Is Magic trademark which states:
Toy ponies and accessories for use therewith; plush toy animals
along with the animated television part.

What dolls implies is that there will be humans, which to me is probably one of the most vile things that can be. Even if the rumor post is not true, we'll likely be seeing something similar and it will assuredly be terrible.
Lauren Faust is extremely modest in saying that she was not the sole reason why the show was succesful, and many people believe that to be true. And in a way it is true, but that's mainly because she was able to familiarize the team with enough concepts before she left. (As a side note, that is also why we've seen a drop off in the character design department. I mean seriously, if you can't look at Chrysalis, designed by Faust, and King Sombra, who wasn't, and tell me which is the better character, you should... I don't know what you should do, but you should do it.)

Essentially what I'm getting at here is this, the IP being made is solely being made for one reason: Money. We're not going to see the amazing world of a child's imagination finally realized as a animated show as an adult. What we are getting is a corporate scheme to capitalize financially off something they know as a sure bet. Its the same shit they did for every single past generation of MLP and it will definitely be as awful as those were. If you take a look at any successful cartoon you will always see in the title credits that a "developed by" or "created by" screen appears, this won't be the case in the new IP. I'd like to note that in FiM we see "Developed for Television by Lauren Faust," it does not say developed to sell toy ponies since Lauren couldn't give a shit about them, all she needed was for them to sell enough for the show not to be cancelled.

And it may seem like I'm being harsh on something we haven't seen, but I can completely say that I have no hope for this upcoming IP. I'd love to be proven wrong but I'm feeling I won't be.
Pimps_McGee

Next

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic