MLP TV movie + New Branch off MLP:FiM

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Re: MLP TV movie + New Branch off MLP:FiM

Postby itroitnyah » 02 Jul 2013 21:55

Man, has there ever been a moment in this thread where people have not been arguing over one thing or another?
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Nine Volt » 02 Jul 2013 22:05

No.

By the way, I wasn't suggesting that you do change the OP and title, I was just saying you could.
Nine Volt

Postby itroitnyah » 02 Jul 2013 22:21

lul I know.
itroitnyah

Postby Nine Volt » 02 Jul 2013 22:24

ok gud
Nine Volt

Postby ganondox » 04 Jul 2013 09:38

I like pastel ponies.

[/thread]
ganondox

Primary: Garage Band :P
Cutie Mark: Σ

Postby Freewave » 04 Jul 2013 10:45

itroitnyah wrote:
Nine Volt wrote:The thing is that it's not just one loud minority. There's overlap between a lot of them, but there are numerous distinct loud minorities and they are the reason so many people hate the fandom. You know those guys who go around putting ponies everywhere or talking about them all the time, usually when it's not appropriate? They're the reason the fandom is hated, and truth be told they may not even be a small minority. A minority, probably, but a large one. I believe there's even a term for that 'stage', but if there is it escapes me. You all know what I'm talking about though.

e:
^If none of that makes sense/is relevant it's because I'm tired
So you mean ponyfags

I call them Crusaders.

"Got me a cartoon
I WANT YOU TO KNOW
Friendship is Magic
I WANT YOU TO KNOW
Dude it's so groovy
I WANT YOU TO KNOW
Don't know about you
But i gotta SHOUT

Wanna grow
up to be
a CRUSADER"

(yes this will be an eventual Debaser cover so hands off it) :P
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Lying Pink » 05 Jul 2013 13:17

There needs to be a version of Nimrod's Son based on the Apple family.
Fnord.
Soundcloud | Tumblr | Skype | YouTube | Email
/)__~
</</
Lying Pink

Primary: Reaper
Cutie Mark: Knees

Postby Navron » 06 Jul 2013 09:53

There was nearly a doubling in the fandom's size since late 2011, so the number of obsessive and non-obsessive bronies has doubled as well.

Only problem is most non-obsessive bronies just watch the show for it's own enjoyment, and don't participate in the fandom drama, leaving the obsessive side of the fandom to appear like it's growing, when in reality, the ratios haven't changed.

Any questions?
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby ph00tbag » 07 Jul 2013 15:34

The distinction isn't really obsessive vs. non-obsessive. It's more between bronies who are convinced their vision of the show is true and inviolable, even by new canon, and there are those who realize they don't really have control over the show's direction, and will probably enjoy it no matter what.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Primary: FL Studio

Postby itroitnyah » 07 Jul 2013 16:53

Haha, I have a good example for the first example of bronies that you gave, ph00tbag: this guy and his deviantart group
itroitnyah

Postby Nine Volt » 07 Jul 2013 17:10

itroitnyah wrote:Haha, I have a good example for the first example of bronies that you gave, ph00tbag: this guy and his deviantart group

what

the fuck

goddammit, lost my faith in humanity again. Help me find it?
Nine Volt

Postby itroitnyah » 07 Jul 2013 18:22

Lol, this guy is anything but normal. Need proof? Here: (mature warning, view at your own risk) And if the picture isn't enough to convince you, allow me to quote you one of his comments from his profile in reply to another user:

The comment:
CosbyMaster wrote:Please. You are embarassing yourself. It is more unbecoming of a debater to hide the arguments of his fellow wordsmiths than to even poorly refute them. And a well placed and strongly articulated refutation is far better than that, for you may emasculate your adversary whilst sending them packing. So I invite you, destroy my argument with the tactical derision of a thousand storms, but strike not with the hammer of the ban, for I shall come back with a thousand more faces. I am here already. We are closer than you think, a hundred keyboards and a hundred monitors. We are all individually a thousand strong, and together can change what a million able bodied men would struggle to do. So please, explain to me without fallacy or delusion why you in fact so vehemently oppose the twilicorn, why you house so many theories of vast propaganda, or why you percieve there to be an infinite number of parallel universes, and perhaps we can be civil. And deleting this post will just paint you as a coward, as it has already been screen-capped.
his reply:
DisneyMaster wrote:1. Twilicorn has ruined my life by giving me depression. Not even a trip to Disneyland was enough to fix me.
2. The fact that everyone too vapid to see that Hasbro is screwing them over and the writers think they are doing the right thing, but they are not.
3. First of all, no one has proven that the multiverse does not exist and more evidence that says that it may exist keeps coming in.

Do you want me to say more?

This "DisneyMaster" dude even started a thread on 4chan trying to promote anti-twilicorn, and the thread backfired and turned him into one of the most ridiculed autism-bronies. This guy posts mostly awful drawn yiff and has even stolen content (an OC is the only one I'm positive about, I'd have to do more research on it), and he asks for all these donations and demands, or has demanded, gifts from people, he LITERALLY had sex with a Stitch plushie (proof), and he does awful colorizations of other people's content. Now I'm not trying to completely bash at him, but like 9V said, I've lost my faith in humanity.
itroitnyah

Postby Nine Volt » 07 Jul 2013 18:35

Does this guy really think he can change anything? And furthermore, does it actually mean shit? What the fuck is wrong with people? Honestly. Fuck, I mean fucking your Stitch plushy... you just don't need to tell that shit to anyone. Nobody wants to hear about your lack of a sex life. Even on deviantart. I managed to find the original /mlp/ thread, by the way:
http://archive.heinessen.com/mlp/thread/11821870
^obligatory mature content warning, because 4chan (well, an archive).
Nine Volt

Postby Sonarch » 07 Jul 2013 22:00

oh god this guy

why
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Jokeblue » 07 Jul 2013 22:04

itroitnyah wrote:this guy and his deviantart group

Instant self-esteem booster right here. Things not going your way? Does your world just kinda suck today?

No worries - At least nobody has petitioned your suicide yet. ...Unless they have. In which case ....awkward...
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby ganondox » 07 Jul 2013 22:55

ph00tbag wrote:The distinction isn't really obsessive vs. non-obsessive. It's more between bronies who are convinced their vision of the show is true and inviolable, even by new canon, and there are those who realize they don't really have control over the show's direction, and will probably enjoy it no matter what.

No, it's not that either. People really don't fit into clean cut categories, that's just a tactic people use to avoid blame. Oh, it's always those other guys who are the problem, but I'm fine and so are my hommies. If you make a fool of yourself you make a fool of yourself on your own accord. There is no one reason why, it really doesn't matter why, or what other people do. Everyone makes mistakes. There are people who like certain things, and their are people who don't. There are people who care about certain things, and people who don't. There are people who care more, and people who care less. There are people who will complain about certain things, and people who won't. There are people who complain more, and people who complain less. There are people who do certain things, and people who don't. I'm sure everyone has done stuff other people will find objectionable, I know I certainly have. I'll admit I've said lot's of dumb crap. If someone makes themselves a problem than they will need to be dealt with, but there isn't really any real divides, it's a spectrum. All creating the illusion of grand divides does is create infighting.

And itroitnyah (and to a lesser degree, Nine Volt) what the hell? This is a thread for discussing EQG, not chewing apart specific people. Talking about a vague group of people on a tangent is one thing, going out and labeling an uninvolved person as such is another and has gone far beyond going off topic. Discussing the fetishes of random people has no place here. Not to mention that your post has abliest insults which I find unacceptable (not that anyone cares about abliesm...). No, I don't approve of his behavior either, but that doesn't mean you need to bring it up. How would you like if someone else was talking about you behind you back? I know for a fact that there are other people here who find some of your behavior here less than desirable, but they have the tact to not discuss it publicly, which this forum space is. I lack such tact, so I will say here and now that I find your behavior right here to be disgusting.

"Now I'm not trying to completely bash at him"
Then DON'T! If anything is making me loose faith in humanity it's not some random guys weird fetishes and silly groups, it's behavior like this! The sickening thing about this is normal people do this.

EDIT: Just saw the further developments to this. To those who created that petition, I don't think English can accurately describe my settements to you, so I'll use Swedish instead. Dra åt helvete!
ganondox

Postby itroitnyah » 08 Jul 2013 07:23

Calm your tittes man, if you're that angry at us for being off topic, the report button is always there.

You can't seriously expect the guy to act the way he is acting and not receive ridicule, either. This is the internet, and while I'm not saying that this excuses my behavior towards DisneyMaster, it does explain why he's getting ridiculed. Although I think that the suicide petition is over the edge.
itroitnyah

Postby ganondox » 08 Jul 2013 19:46

No I won't "calm my titties". That's status quo. I won't hunt you down, but I'm not just going to accept that things are as they are.

Anyway, I think this thread has outlived it's use, and now by all rights it should be locked.
ganondox

Postby Nine Volt » 08 Jul 2013 20:26

For once I agree with ganondox; this thread seems to be spawning more unnecessary arguments than anything.
Nine Volt

Postby Sonarch » 08 Jul 2013 21:54

Nine Volt is tired of arguing? Whaaaaaat?
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Nine Volt » 08 Jul 2013 22:13

I'm bored, not tired.

There's a difference, and if you disagree we can argue about it :3
Nine Volt

Postby ganondox » 08 Jul 2013 23:14

Nine Volt wrote:For once I agree with ganondox; this thread seems to be spawning more unnecessary arguments than anything.

You also agreed with me that replacer and F3nning are well known.

Anyway, this thread has lost all relevancy to it's topic, so it has no reason why it shouldn't be locked, and what's left is just causing contention, so it has grounds to be locked on.
ganondox

Postby Nine Volt » 09 Jul 2013 00:40

ganondox wrote:
Nine Volt wrote:For once I agree with ganondox; this thread seems to be spawning more unnecessary arguments than anything.

You also agreed with me that replacer and F3nning are well known.

Must be a full moon.
Nine Volt

Postby Sonarch » 09 Jul 2013 02:44

Nine Volt wrote:I'm bored, not tired.

Hahaha I love you Nine :3
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Nine Volt » 09 Jul 2013 03:27

Sonarch wrote:
Nine Volt wrote:I'm bored, not tired.

Hahaha I love you Nine :3

Aw, I love you too Sonarch :3