MLP TV movie + New Branch off MLP:FiM

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Re: MLP TV movie + New Branch off MLP:FiM

Postby Nine Volt » 11 Feb 2013 21:36

You say all of this and forget that G4 was meant for the same purpose.
Nine Volt

Postby Pimps_McGee » 11 Feb 2013 22:15

Nine Volt wrote:You say all of this and forget that G4 was meant for the same purpose.

So you're saying that Faust created all these in depth and creative characters and placed them in a massive world with lore and backstory for the sole purpose of selling plastic pony toys? Maybe G4 viewed from a corporate standpoint would be as you described, but to say that it was thought up and created just to sell toys is ridiculous.
Pimps_McGee

Postby ghelded_kultz » 11 Feb 2013 22:42

That picture was what I was talking about. Anyway, while the leak itself might be fake (The tumblr post is actually pretty convincing from an evidence standpoint), the general idea is still really bad and extremely likely.

Not to mention those are some of the worst humanizations I have ever seen.
"Wherever we are, what we hear is mostly noise. When we ignore it, it disturbs us. When we listen to it, we find it fascinating." - John Cage

Trolls and makers of bad music, thats us!
http://soundcloud.com/ghelded-kultz/tracks
ghelded_kultz

Postby ghelded_kultz » 11 Feb 2013 22:49

soultensionbenjamin wrote:All we can do is continue to be great fans i have complete faith in Hasbro

despite our disputes as a community.

Am I the only one getting major Animal Farm vibes here?

-Soft D. String DeHooves
"Wherever we are, what we hear is mostly noise. When we ignore it, it disturbs us. When we listen to it, we find it fascinating." - John Cage

ghelded_kultz

Postby Freewave » 12 Feb 2013 01:30

Nine Volt wrote:
itroitnyah wrote:>_> Somehow a tv series about ponies who sit around and do sexual stuff all day doesn't sound as appealing to me as it apparently does to other people.

It's apparently the one thing Freewave and I can agree on :3

:D
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Matthew N. » 12 Feb 2013 05:27

@ the picture:

'Ell No! This is disgusting...
Matthew N.

Postby ChromaticChaosPony » 12 Feb 2013 06:20

Pinkie looks pregnant in the picture.

Yeah... And also something about the art style being terrible.
ChromaticChaosPony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby itroitnyah » 12 Feb 2013 06:45

We can already conclude that the picture is fake, because this show is going to be a new IP withing My Little Pony: Friendship is magic. If they used humanized characters it wouldn't be my little pony, now, would it?
soultensionbenjamin wrote:dont knock it till you try it
If the new series was simply about ponies who sit around doing sexual stuff, it would get incredibly boring really fast, since there's so little room for original episode ideas before the episodes start to make people go "wtf". Plus, a show simply about trying to get into someone's pants is a horrible idea anyways. But, I'm 99% certain that the writers aren't idiots and will make it a good series. And even if it isn't, I strongly doubt it'd be about ponies trying to get between each other's legs.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby nOk » 12 Feb 2013 07:22

Hmmm... I'm not sure if i'll like this. Sounds like the focus could be on both shows and thus won't recieve the attention by writers as they deserve. This sounds like it could easily be the demise of the series, or at least a major mistake on hasbro's part. This also sounds like they're milking the show a bit much, sorta in a george lucas-y way. They could easily mess up. Knowing that it will be designed for teenage girls, my guess is the focus won't be on the cuteness most of us know and love. Also, there will almost definately be a design change. Heck, it might even use different characters. I'll wait before more info is out but I don't want to hold my breath!
nOk

Primary: FL 11
Cutie Mark: A better username

Postby ghelded_kultz » 12 Feb 2013 07:39

I got how Equestria Girls can work with the IP still being My Little Pony (well in my messed up head that is)

August Schleicher, Translated by Whoever got the Translation for Wikipedia wrote:On a hill, a sheep that had no wool saw horses, one of them pulling a heavy wagon, one carrying a big load, and one carrying a man quickly. The sheep said to the horses: "My heart pains me, seeing a man driving horses." The horses said: "Listen, sheep, our hearts pain us when we see this: a man, the master, makes the wool of the sheep into a warm garment for himself. And the sheep has no wool." Having heard this, the sheep fled into the plain.

General Plot Synopsis: One day a group of girls wake up being able to understand animals. One of them overhears the above conversation and despite the horses' surety that they like their status, feels that they should follow the sheep's lead and run away. So she strikes up conversation with the horses and learn that like the humans, the horses believe in two brothers, the twin sons of the horse goddess, one a horse and one a man, who were later separated from each other. Seeing the connection and learning of the other girls who can speak to horses, they make a pact to find and reunite these divine brothers, seeking to find harmony between the horses and their masters. (It ends a couple of seasons later with the horses, humans, and other livestock being transported to a new world where they can all live in harmony with one another by the horse Goddess. In the process the horse and humans are combined into one race, the little ponies)

Setting: Bronze Age Ukraine/Russia/Kazakhstan

Connections with My Little Pony: talking animals; magic; complex character relationships (That's a stretch for any pre-gen 4 (maybe even gen 4) but bear with me); the characters become ponies at the end (with maybe one becoming Megan or something).

Pros: Girls (especially the target audience) love stories about the relationship between girls and their horses (Generalization but Hasbro makes the exact same sort of generalizations when planning these things); indirectly educational; tightly woven plot; can teach girls about fighting patriarchy and entering a more egalitarian society (A stretch considering it's looking like the PIEs were more egalitarian than Gimbutas would like us to believe, but we'll take this outdated model for the sake of feminism); archaeology; violence; Bronze Age; historical linguistics.

Cons: Historical Linguistics, Bronze Age, violence and archaeology don't sell well with the intended market; Hasbro probably doesn't like feminism taken to the possible extant; could spread misinformation about the PIEs as new information comes up (it probably already is inaccurate with how it treats the gods); tightly woven plot; strained relationship to my little pony; etc.

Now if only Hasbro would listen to me. But I might as well stop dreaming now.

ghelded_kultz

Postby itroitnyah » 12 Feb 2013 15:35

You know, if it's going to be an IP off the my little pony series, I strongly doubt that it'll even involve humans as the characters. There may be, at one point, an episode where a character is turned into a human accidently or something, but it won't be permanent and it will be more for fan pandering purposes. The amount of doubt I have that humans will ever be in the show as actual characters is so much, I can't even describe it.
itroitnyah

Postby Pimps_McGee » 12 Feb 2013 17:15

itroitnyah wrote:You know, if it's going to be an IP off the my little pony series, I strongly doubt that it'll even involve humans as the characters. There may be, at one point, an episode where a character is turned into a human accidently or something, but it won't be permanent and it will be more for fan pandering purposes. The amount of doubt I have that humans will ever be in the show as actual characters is so much, I can't even describe it.

Bro it's not going to be My Little Pony it's going to be Equestria Girls and there is nothing pony about that title.
I'm repeating myself but if you want proof just look at the Equestria Girls trademark that was made by Hasbro recently.
http://www.markhound.com/trademark/search/hb53Tb9j4
The description clearly states:
Dolls, doll clothing and doll accessories
Entertainment services, namely an on-going animated television series for children
Dolls in the toy industry mean humans.

In comparison the Friendship is Magic trademark both here: http://www.markhound.com/trademark/search/DzEOfIpnY
and here: http://www.markhound.com/trademark/search/2e4VjsmTf
The first mentions:
Toy ponies and accessories for use therewith; plush toy animals
The second mentions:
Entertainment services, namely, an ongoing animated television series for children
There is clearly a distinction between dolls and ponies, so its very easy to deduce that the new show will be based around a humanization of sorts.
Pimps_McGee

Postby itroitnyah » 12 Feb 2013 17:31

Alright, well, whatever. I still stand that my evidence may be more right than wrong. And as another piece of evidence, let's take a look at the tumblr post:
Fuck--No--My--Little-Pony wrote:Now my dears, I have some information that I “found” that I’m very sure some of you might be interested in. As you can tell from the title it’s about the My Little Pony Movie.
Fuck--No--My--Little-Pony wrote:I have some information that I “found”
Fuck--No--My--Little-Pony wrote:"found"
I find it pretty strange how Mulp doesn't list a source or say where he got the supposed screenshot in question from. And to add onto my suspicions, what's up with the quotation marks around the word "found"? You'd think that with something as big as this, he'd give a source for the picture as proof that he found it and didn't make it himself. And to further raise my suspicion, he doesn't have a single source or explanation as to where he got this information, or how he found it. Until further evidence is presented to show that this tumblr post is definitely trustworthy, I am declaring it a hoax.
itroitnyah

Postby itroitnyah » 12 Feb 2013 17:45

Also, I just wanna say, don't hit the archive button on this guy's tumblr who made the post. Cuz, like, wow. Just don't. I can't even say why, it's really disturbing. If I said why, I'd get a ban warning, lol.
itroitnyah

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 12 Feb 2013 18:29

I'll remain indifferent. If the spinoff or movie are bad, nothing is forcing me to pay them any mind.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Sonarch » 12 Feb 2013 18:32

ugh now i'm worried for what will happen to the series

just have to wait and find out, I guess.
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Sonarch » 12 Feb 2013 18:53

oh christ what's going to happen now?
I be the fandom will be on fire for at least a week.
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Nine Volt » 12 Feb 2013 19:20

Seriously? Am I the only one here who actually likes humanized ponies (and not just in sexual situations)?
Granted, I'm not a big fan of this particular design, but still.
Nine Volt

Postby ghelded_kultz » 12 Feb 2013 19:26

Who would have guessed that a leaked image on tumblr with all sorts of evidence pointing to it being real or at least indicative of something real was actually real?

Nine Volt wrote:Seriously? Am I the only one here who actually likes humanized ponies (and not just in sexual situations)?

I'm not actually all that against the concept of humanized ponies in and of themselves (it would be interesting if there was an episode where a character was changed into a human and has to adapt. Temporarily of course. I've even figured out of a unique human culture might develop in the universe of Equestria, though that is unrelated to humanizations), but the design is horrible (and boring), this will draw resources from the original show, and the general premise is over-used and almost universally terrible.

ghelded_kultz

Postby soultensionbenjamin » 12 Feb 2013 20:27

YES YES YES YES YHES

AND fuck yes

its only a spinoff but i think this looks really fucking cool
soultensionbenjamin

Postby itroitnyah » 12 Feb 2013 20:55

Nine Volt wrote:Seriously? Am I the only one here who actually likes humanized ponies?
Yup

Well, I am at a loss of words. I completely trust that the writers know what they're doing, and if it's good, it's good. I predict that it's going to be fairly similar to Littlest Pet Shop if these rumors are true. Also, this fandom is current knee deep in shit. Better grab yo scuba gear cuz hurricane shitstorm is upon us as we speak. Honestly, I think I should do my best to avoid interactions with the fandom outside of MLR for the next couple of weeks. Nah, kidding. I'll probably sit back and watch as people break their keyboards over this.
itroitnyah

Postby FlyingNinjaBannanas » 12 Feb 2013 21:10

Dis gonna be good.

But seriously, I'm indifferent on this. If it's bad, we can toss it under the rug and make a joke out of it. If it's good, we can celebrate. But for now, delicious drama.
[Insert pointless filler here]
FlyingNinjaBannanas

Cutie Mark: Jack of All Trades

Postby Sonarch » 12 Feb 2013 21:24

Nine Volt wrote:Seriously? Am I the only one here who actually likes humanized ponies (and not just in sexual situations)?

Nah, humanized ponies aren't bad, I just don't love the design myself, and the "skin color = pony counterpart's coat color" bit. But the image itself isn't even confirmed, so i'm not going to flip out just yet.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby itroitnyah » 12 Feb 2013 21:25

Well, it's sorta confirmed by EqD. We're still holding our breaths over how the rumors could now possibly be true, but we're waiting until we hear word from Hasbro.
itroitnyah

PreviousNext

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic