Opinions of Alicorn Twilight (and some facts?)

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Re: Opinions of Alicorn Twilight (and some facts?)

Postby soultensionbenjamin » 03 Feb 2013 04:53

first play this music to set the mood
OBJECTION i can explain why alicorn twilight is a good idea with evidence

In the beginning of My little pony Princess Celestia and her sister Princess Luna are introduced in the first episode in a series of medieval-like drawings with a narration that says there were "two regal sisters who ruled together and created harmony for all the land," and that "the elder used her unicorn powers to raise the sun at dawn. The younger brought out the moon to begin the night.

we all know this....

We know that twilight has incredible power but in order to unleash it,

you need to have true friendship in your heart

- Princess Celestia

Celestia took pity on twilight when she said she didn't want to leave ponyvile
So Celestia decided to let her stay

So we can conclude that Celestia original intention wasn't to make friends in pony ville if that was the case why did she let say twilight could go right back to her studies wouldn't that kill the bond the mane 6 just had no no no no no the real intention was just to awaken the elements of harmony.

okay lets flashback to her childhood

Twilight Sparkle is introduced in the show as a unicorn, and she even calls herself a "regular old unicorn" in A Canterlot Wedding - Part 1, to which Princess Cadance replies "You are anything but a regular old unicorn."

her magic is awakened by rainbow dashes sonicrainboom
which represents the same properties of the elements of harmony
the rainbow , a symbol of bonding and friendship in this series

Twilight said we all the main 6 were connected before they even met

is that coincidence, no its cosmic fate

did you notice those other planets ?

it fits with her cutie mark.

so you may ask what is the next level?

well do you remember the season 3 opening

celestia said youll be moving to the next level of her studies and guess who's there

PRINCESS LUNA
who gives the death glare to twilight

which implies Luna will be assisting twilight in her journey soon
Why?
to control her cosmic energy without using elements of harmony
in order to do so she must become an alicorn

Cosmic Energy is a ubiquitous, metaphysical energy source employed primarily by alicorns to reach their ultimatum of power, the alicorn state . This will allow the cosmic energy to amalgamate with the users natural energy, supplying the awesome power needed to attain the level of mastery over the elements of harmony portrayed throughout the series.

an example of this

as seen above celestia can also use the alicorn state and does not need the elements

so now we just wait to see what the purpose for her transforming into an alicorn truly is

and just so we are clear i love this idea, its more deep than your average little girls cartoon
soultensionbenjamin

Postby Motivfs » 03 Feb 2013 05:47

I've never been against or for the idea Ben, but wow, you may have just put me all up for it.
Motivfs

Postby Makkon » 03 Feb 2013 15:28

Something tells me your explanation is better than the real one, Ben.
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Genkar » 03 Feb 2013 15:54

Ben, If that is the real explanation, I'm going to expect some serious jedi training stuff happening between Twilight and the Princesses in Season 4.

Like, I was hoping that she wouldn't turn into an alicorn, but that just completely changed my mind.
Makkon wrote:Something tells me your explanation is better than the real one, Ben.

That's probably highly likely.
Percussionist - Electronic Musician In Training
Soundcloud/Youtube/Tumblr
Genkar

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby VINXIS » 03 Feb 2013 17:36

Makkon wrote:Something tells me your explanation is better than the real one, Ben.

lol that's prolly true.

Dat was some deep shit Ben, good job.

I'm still indifferent lel
VINXIS

Primary: Ableton 9 live (like 99% of the time)
Cutie Mark: pls

Postby Matthew N. » 03 Feb 2013 18:10

My thoughts exactly. :lol:
Matthew N.

Postby VINXIS » 03 Feb 2013 22:05

Also, Ben, I think that would be good for a series end, not for a season ending since there is a s4 since uh, you know, it changes the story entirely... >.> :S
VINXIS

Postby ph00tbag » 04 Feb 2013 21:07

I think there's potential in the way Winged Twilight can be used to really bring some new subject matter to the show. So I'm not really bothered by it. The only gripe I have is that I felt like there was still some potential in the existing group dynamic.

Freewave wrote:stuff

I've really always had a problem with this general argument that the writing is moving downhill, mostly because a lot of the people who say these things actively avoid talking about the things they struggle to make a defensible argument against.

For instance, the fact that Trixie is revived absolutely perfectly in Magic Duel, and her internal conflict, while not the headlining theme, is fully addressed and resolved. What about Sleepless in Ponyville, where Scootaloo is finally given her own episode, wherein there is actual development in her relationship with Rainbow Dash, and where Rainbow Dash is (god forbid) portrayed with depth and relatability? How about Wonderbolts Academy, with its worldbuilding and the pretty heavy scene where Rainbow Dash gives up her life's dream for the sake of her friends and principles?

Now, are there episodes that struggle? Oh, for sure. Spike at Your Service falters repeatedly over the course of the entire episode. Too Many Pinkie Pies failed to really address why sad!Pinkie wasn't necessarily real!Pinkie (although there is a valid reason for it). A number of gripes can probably be made about any episode.

But the thing is, there were episodes in Season 1 that struggled. Swarm of the Century failed in its goal of creating any kind of emotional connection to Pinkie Pie as a character. It just established Pinkie Pie as a force, rather than a character. A characterization the write-staff couldn't break from until the very end of the season. Later seasons fare much better in the way they deal with Pinkie Pie. Or look at Feeling Pinkie Keen, which reiterates the theme of Pinkie being a force, rather than a character, meanwhile making the very deeply problematic assertion that skepticism is an inherently closed-minded worldview--an assertion that directly undermines one of the show's core principles that being smart (and by extension, approaching the world from a skeptical, empiricist mindset) is a perfectly acceptable way to be a girl. What about Over a Barrel, which employs racist stereotypes and glosses over a very sensitive period of American history, for the sake of a sight gag. And let's not forget Owl's Well that Ends Well, which tries in vain for 22 excruciating minutes to make the show's greek chorus into a full character with depth and flaws.

The show's always had its flaws, and there have always been strong episodes. And most arguments that try to suggest a downhill movement really seem to ignore the inconvenient counter-arguments without actually refuting them.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Pimps_McGee » 04 Feb 2013 23:28

soultensionbenjamin wrote:Crazy deep analysis stuff

Damn that was impressive.

BUT

I don't believe the story line is at the right moment for Twilight to make such a transition. There is no doubt that eventually Twilight would have reached such a level - hence the whole part her being Celestia's protégée - but it feels as though the change is very uncalled for.

SPOILERS
From what I can tell what happens in the episode is basically Twilight has a problem that she can't find a premade solution for. So in order to fix it she must write her own magic, a feat she has never accomplished. This accomplishment is so intense in fact she is turned into an alicorn and even possibly a princess.

Why I don't like this is that it seems such an lame accomplishment to give such a MASSIVE reward for. Yes writing magic is a big deal but I feel as though a feature length (more likely on TV then in theatres) film focused on an actiony sort of thing like Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis, and even Sombra. Maybe for once the situation is finally out of the control of Celestia and Luna, so Twilight AND HER FRIENDS have to go defeat it. In general it would seem much more deserved rather than just one short episode and a magic spell later and WHOA you're a SUPER ALICORN PRINCESS.

That brings me to another point. From the details we have been given, it seems the way Twilight develops the spell is done with little help from the mane six (that being said I could be completely wrong in that statement and those that follow). There is no longer that spark of friendship needed to create magic, it happens because Twilight said so. I mean the show is called My Little Pony: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC and not Twilight Sparkle: Twilight Sparkle is Magic (despite Queen Tara's desires.)

Essentially what I'm saying here is that Twilight Sparkle becoming an alicorn princess is inevitable, however at the current moment it seems very inopportune for her to become as such. Also, let me note that any opinion formed is subject to change after the actual airing of the episode.

To me it seems Hasbro is clearly trying to cash in on the fact that alicorn princesses sell well and the series is extremely popular so they can make a shitload of money. While this sounds logical since this is why My Little Pony even exists, it is a bit saddening since the whole reason this show got popular was because of this article and the fact that some people on /co/ thought it was incorrect.

Through this very clear greedy move - as well as others taken out against Friendship is Witchcraft and The Mentally Advanced Series - we see the article was, in fact, correct and we have witnessed "The End of the Creator-Driven Era in TV Animation."

In the end, there are only three things to make me stop watching, a HUGE drop in production (be it through bad writing, lazy & cheap animation, etc.), introducing humans in Equestria (I shudder at the very thought), or introducing a new mane character (Cutie Mark Chronicles had only six fates changed due to that sonic rainboom, if those six were to change I could not possibly come back).

I don't think anything that bad will ever happen but for now I'll be content with worrying about this episode ending up with Twilight in line with a ramp and a shark while wearing some oh so sell-able water ski accessories.

Boy that was a lot.
Pimps_McGee

Postby Mikentosh » 05 Feb 2013 19:48

Pimps_McGee wrote:introducing humans in Equestria (I shudder at the very thought)

Well if this ever happens, worst case scenario:

Mikentosh

Postby itroitnyah » 06 Feb 2013 21:31

It is really annoying me, the shitstorm that has been brewing over the confirmation of Twilight becoming an alicorn... Like, here:
This person right here that made this comic managed to successfully rustle my jimmies. Like, I can't even express how stupid this guy's idea is. He sounds like a 9/11 conspirator, or like he's one of those Illuminati nuts, trying to come up with a "reasonable" explanation as to why something is going to occur or how something is going to turn out. Just, omg people should really shut up about how "Hasbro is ruining the show". Every single week and day, people complain because they get a synopsis of an episode and they think they've found a loophole that could make the episode only half good...

and everybody flips out

And then comes the episode, it turns out to be a great episode, and people look stupid. Every week it's the same thing, with varying degrees of butthurt over the synopsis.

Also, since I mentioned the illuminati:
inb4 this turns into a thread about the illuminati...
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby Captain Ironhelm » 06 Feb 2013 21:47

itroitnyah wrote:stuff

yep this will all be forgotten a week after the episode airs.

but it's fun to dramatize.
Captain Ironhelm

Postby topitmunkeydog » 06 Feb 2013 21:51

If Magical Mystery Tour involves ponies singing Beatles songs, then I'm fine with whatever happens to Twilight Sparkle.
topitmunkeydog

Primary: (trying to learn) ableton
Cutie Mark: yes

Postby ph00tbag » 07 Feb 2013 02:43

itroitnyah wrote:Also, since I mentioned the illuminati:
inb4 this turns into a thread about the illuminati...

I dunno, dude. "A" is a really good fanfiction.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Postby Captain Ironhelm » 08 Feb 2013 05:53

wat.
Captain Ironhelm

Postby Gray Ham » 13 Feb 2013 21:51

topitmunkeydog wrote:Beatle Bronies

Yes please.

Also, MandoPony will be in the BGM in the next episode. :D
currently on a hiatus from actively making music due to school

ImageImage
What's soaking wet and clueless?
Gray Ham

Primary: ACID
Cutie Mark: A Trumpet

Postby Sonarch » 13 Feb 2013 22:10

I'm actually interested to see how they play this out.
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Nine Volt » 14 Feb 2013 13:58

The fandom makes a shitstorm out of seemingly everything. Alicorn twilight, Fighting is Magic C&D, Derpy, the documentary, the list just goes on and on. And then, of course, they forget it a week later.

I for one think this could add an interesting new dynamic to the show (if it's permanent; they probably won't actually be keeping her an alicorn).
Nine Volt

Postby Sonarch » 14 Feb 2013 14:27

Well hey, we find out in 2 days and then all this will probably be obsolete, and all Alicorn Twilight discussion will then be relevant to the New Episode thread.
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 15 Feb 2013 00:19

I'm still indifferent. ... :I

my theories are so interesting, aren't they?
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby SpyPie » 15 Feb 2013 23:33

Long Live the glory of the swarm and it's queen.
~
My Soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/mootaboot
SpyPie

Postby ghelded_kultz » 16 Feb 2013 07:50

Okay, looking as how the moral for the episode is probably going to be "You are in charge of your own destiny" and the episode is supposed to continue into next season, I think Twilight is going to ditch her wings at the end of the mess.

-Soft D. String DeHooves
"Wherever we are, what we hear is mostly noise. When we ignore it, it disturbs us. When we listen to it, we find it fascinating." - John Cage

Trolls and makers of bad music, thats us!
http://soundcloud.com/ghelded-kultz/tracks
ghelded_kultz

Postby soultensionbenjamin » 16 Feb 2013 10:45

Cosmic energy confirmed

soultensionbenjamin

Postby VINXIS » 16 Feb 2013 14:51

Rushed episode

Also, I will not be surprised now if she'll be the one hosting the Equestrian Games instead of Cadence now.
VINXIS

Postby topitmunkeydog » 16 Feb 2013 16:29

See, of course this episode was not as complex story-wise as some of the others, but it was ADORABLE. I mean even though they only had 22 minutes to use, they did a good job fitting it in the time slot. And those songs were amazing! I mean, that first song was so cute :3 And I really liked the Space Odyssey bit too.

and aaaaahhh Twilight Sparkle looked so pretty at the end omg.
topitmunkeydog

Primary: (trying to learn) ableton
Cutie Mark: yes

PreviousNext

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic