MLP iOS/Android game.

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

MLP iOS/Android game.

Postby Warbalist » 11 Nov 2012 00:26

I haven't seen a topic for this, yet, so here you go.

The MLP game for the phones, do you have it? http://www.equestriagaming.com/2012/11/ ... magic.html

It's a nice time-filler for in between sets for me. My Gameloft id is: Warbalist

I know a few of you are playing it. Dr. Dissonance posted his id on YouTube.
Warbalist

Re: MLP iOS/Android game.

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 11 Nov 2012 00:57

I base my entire opinions on the game on another game called Happy Street.
Why? Because Happy Street got the balance for town building things like this RIGHT.

I'm playing on Android too. Dunno whether it applies to iOS or not, but the Android version slows down a lot, has a ton of bugs I keep finding and sucks my battery faster than a desperate prostitute...

Anyway, I find the balance between free users and users willing to pay for extra stuff to be too in favour of the payers. I know that's kind of how it works, but I doubt anyone will get the 60+ gem ponies playing for free alone with this game. Not until a few months down the line anyway, unless I'm missing a really obvious way to earn gems...

Happy Street balanced this perfectly with people paying getting things much quicker, but free users given enough opportunities to get those rewards, all-be-it at a much slower rate. There were plenty of ways to earn 'flooz' through skill games instead of paying. The balance was great.

Not so much with the MLP game. I have yet to find a minigame or method of earning gems at a regular rate without paying. There is the 'come on everyday' reward of 2 gems on the 5th, but does that continue after the 5th day? Or does it reset?

But it is early days.

And regardless, I am enjoying it.

My id for GL Live is Dr_Dissonance btw.

*edit* Just found out that there's a bug involving GL Live connectivity as well...but I wanted Scootaloo!
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby Matthew N. » 11 Nov 2012 05:58

Just installed (Android)... and holy crap, MLP OPENING! :D
Matthew N.

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 11 Nov 2012 06:45

I'm ashamed to be having as much fun with Freemium is Magic as I am, I'm qlready at level 26 and have a fair few of the expensive ponies, and haven't spent a penny. I do have complaints though. It does force you to join a social network, and connect with friends on it. Thankfully if you have zero friends it gives you a free pass. My next major goal is to get Rarity, who costs a pheonominal amount of gems, of which have 7, gathered from levelling up. You get them far too infrequently.

In the meantime I shall persevere to have a town of 5 star ponies to run my financial empire. And all of the shipping. If you can get the stupid broken Gameloft thing to work I'm lavenderharmony
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby K3WRO » 11 Nov 2012 06:52

Why am I having so much fun with this

It sucks up so much battery, it crashes every 10 minutes, and the all the ponies have same minigames yet I can't leave.

My GL id is K3WRO btw
Soundcloud : http://www.soundcloud.com/megapie-1
Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/user/antigravtoast2/featured

-I'm not Dead, I just don't make small horse music anymore-
K3WRO

Primary: Reason
Cutie Mark: Your Face

Postby the4thImpulse » 11 Nov 2012 20:36

My ipod can't handle the game (first generation), maybe this is a good excuse to get a new ipad for the live setup and ponies in my free time.
the4thImpulse

Primary: Ableton Live 8

Postby FLAOFEI » 12 Nov 2012 00:25

Why do I not have a smart enough phone :'C
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Matthew N. » 12 Nov 2012 01:14

the4thImpulse wrote:My ipod can't handle the game (first generation), maybe this is a good excuse to get a new ipad for the live setup and ponies in my free time.

Maybe it's high time to forget about the overpriced fruit crap?
Matthew N.

Postby K3WRO » 12 Nov 2012 04:18

Matthew N. wrote:
the4thImpulse wrote:My ipod can't handle the game (first generation), maybe this is a good excuse to get a new ipad for the live setup and ponies in my free time.

Android or Galaxy SIII FTW
Soundcloud : http://www.soundcloud.com/megapie-1
Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/user/antigravtoast2/featured

-I'm not Dead, I just don't make small horse music anymore-
K3WRO

Primary: Reason
Cutie Mark: Your Face

Postby Matthew N. » 12 Nov 2012 09:42

K3WRO wrote:
Matthew N. wrote:

Android or Galaxy SIII FTW

HTC Sensation XE w/ Android 4.1. :)
Matthew N.

Postby the4thImpulse » 12 Nov 2012 10:13

Matthew N. wrote:

Too bad they don't run the lemur app or I certainly would.
the4thImpulse

Postby LFP » 12 Nov 2012 12:11

This is game is awesome, oh now I'll never be able to study with my phone nearby...

My ID's: LFPmusic_ (everything was taken ._. )
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby Warbalist » 12 Nov 2012 12:23

I have to agree with Dr. Dissonance about the game. I've never played one of these types of games before, so maybe I'm having a bit more fun. But yeah, the gem issue and the broken social networking...especially the broken social networking. I have a number of GL friends, but only 2 or 3 actually show up in the game as friends. Looking forward to an update.
Warbalist

Postby Matthew N. » 12 Nov 2012 13:53

I keep getting logged out form craploft about each minute. WTH? Anyway, add Matthew_N_, though I might not be around if this thing keeps happening.
Matthew N.

Postby LFP » 12 Nov 2012 14:45

Anyone else having trouble not singing along to the instrumentals playing in the background?
:3
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 12 Nov 2012 16:14

Matthew N. wrote:

Android doesn't run anything music related that's any good. I've looked. Everything tablet-related for music creation is on the iPad, and of course all the desktop stuff will be on the Surface Pro soonish, but no one is developing for Android.

Also, please don't flame people for what platform they use. I'd like to think we're above that here, so don't start arguments, thanks.
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.

Postby the4thImpulse » 12 Nov 2012 20:20

I got the ipad earlier today and this game is surprisingly delightful! Its simple, fun, and the story is interesting (IMO), I can't complain about that. It did not require me to join or use a social network and I can agree that gems are a little too hard to come by without paying. I have yet to have a crash or glitch, its all running very smooth.
the4thImpulse

Postby Matthew N. » 12 Nov 2012 23:34

Lavender_Harmony wrote:
Matthew N. wrote:

Android doesn't run anything music related that's any good. I've looked. Everything tablet-related for music creation is on the iPad, and of course all the desktop stuff will be on the Surface Pro soonish, but no one is developing for Android.

Also, please don't flame people for what platform they use. I'd like to think we're above that here, so don't start arguments, thanks.

I feel sorry for you if you bought apple-based mobile hardware to produce music - oh boy, the magic of PCs. Plus you're completely mistaken - FL Studio Mobile is also being developed for Android. Besides, it's always you coming in with 100% negative attitude whenever you post. I have been keeping track of your posts for the last 3 months and I've maybe seen a total of 1% of what you wrote that didn't imply anger or sarcasm. If you can't differentiate a joke from a serious post then it's even worse. Lavender, your attitude has to change. It's yet another time I am forced to go off topic to try to help you realize that as a forum staff member you just don't make it look good.
Matthew N.

Postby the4thImpulse » 12 Nov 2012 23:55

Matthew N. wrote:
Lavender_Harmony wrote:Android doesn't run anything music related that's any good. I've looked. Everything tablet-related for music creation is on the iPad, and of course all the desktop stuff will be on the Surface Pro soonish, but no one is developing for Android.

I feel sorry for you if you bought apple-based mobile hardware to produce music - oh boy, the magic of PCs. Plus you're completely mistaken - FL Studio Mobile is also being developed for Android. Besides, it's always you coming in with 100% negative attitude whenever you post. I have been keeping track of your posts for the last 3 months and I've maybe seen a total of 1% of what you wrote that didn't imply anger or sarcasm. If you can't differentiate a joke from a serious post then it's even worse. Lavender, your attitude has to change. It's yet another time I am forced to go off topic to try to help you realize that as a forum staff member you just don't make it look good.

Well this thread is already derailed, and I'm sorry for unknowingly causing it when I first posted (I didn't see all this coming).

Matthew N., I like you, your a good member on MLR, but I think your last post here is wrong. I agree Lavender has been negative in a number of posts, especially in recent months, but his/her last post here was not at all negative. You posted a unnecessary comment that you say was a joke but we all know how well jokes like this are received over the internet. Lavender also uses logic 9 and reason both of which aren't mobile apps, and in case that comment was directed at me I use Ableton Live on a PC, my new iPad will primarily be used as a midi controller with the Lemur app (look it up) not a music studio.

Sorry for digressing this further.
the4thImpulse

Postby Captain Ironhelm » 14 Nov 2012 21:15

I got the game downloaded, but the available wifi blocks the game :(
Captain Ironhelm

Postby vladnuke » 14 Nov 2012 23:35

Yo, what the heck is MLP. I'm all up in the Littlest Pet Shop MMO, my level 57 dog is the best dog evar. He can bark AND walk. He also waxes the blood skulls that he collected from all those brood beasts he slayed with his tiny, lethal teeth.
vladnuke

Postby Matthew N. » 18 Nov 2012 14:58

the4thImpulse wrote:Matthew N., I like you, your a good member on MLR, but I think your last post here is wrong. I agree Lavender has been negative in a number of posts, especially in recent months, but his/her last post here was not at all negative. You posted a unnecessary comment that you say was a joke but we all know how well jokes like this are received over the internet. Lavender also uses logic 9 and reason both of which aren't mobile apps, and in case that comment was directed at me I use Ableton Live on a PC, my new iPad will primarily be used as a midi controller with the Lemur app (look it up) not a music studio.

Sorry for digressing this further.

She accused me of spawning an iOS vs. Android argument which I did not. Me and LFP always joke around that stuff and it's pretty much the same with Mac vs. PC, or PC vs. Consoles... you name it. Every and each OS/hardware has its advantages over another.

I thought making fun of a gen 1 iPad made sense when trying to run this memory/battery hog. In this case, almost every modern Android-based device will outperform it, and that's what I had in mind. Sorry for confusion, but the other things I said were, as you said, pretty accurate.

Anyway, we need to make our MLR network bigger. I really need to get some more "slave workers," and an easy way to do it is to get friends and spawn Hearts each day via gift option. Also, do not make the same mistake a few already did: I am not Matthew_N - I have an underscore after N (as in my signature or previous entry in this thread.)
Matthew N.

Postby Magnitude Zero » 18 Nov 2012 20:42

So Nightmare Moon returned and shrouded the land in eternal night, which... flattened Ponyville?

Wow. Um, okay. This game is weird. My ID is MagZero. :D
Formerly known as Blind

DAW: FL Studio 10
Style: Chill/Downtempo

Soundcloud | Youtube | Tumblr
Magnitude Zero

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Horse butt not large enough

Postby DJ Skrudge » 19 Nov 2012 05:45

DJ_Skrudge

I have a confession to make. I used the clock glitch *sobs*
never again though. I can't get Sweetie Belle or Rarity without exploiting the clock glitch more, and that would take like a full day of time-changing anyway. I feel bad enough...
I worship Fluttershy.
DJ Skrudge

Postby Matthew N. » 19 Nov 2012 09:15

clock glitch what now?

EDIT: Requests accepted/sent.

Also, am I the only one that gets nothing as a daily bonus after the 5th day?
Matthew N.

Next

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic