Twilight Theory

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Twilight Theory

Postby acrios90 » 04 Oct 2012 06:13

Ok I am probably not the only pony to think of this but anyone Think Celestia is training twilight to be hers and lunas replacement eventually. Lets face it Twilight is powerful... I even think she may be more powerful then the two princesses. she is being trained to care for other ponies (Her subjects) and if that wasn't enough her name is another hint. Luna-Night Celestia-Day Twilight-The time between night and day... this is probably a farfetched Theory but It makes SOME sense..
All of my newer music is on my Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/acrios90
acrios90

Re: Twilight Theory

Postby bartekko » 04 Oct 2012 06:26

twilight is an unicorn
celestia is an alicorn
luna is an alicorn

...i have nothing productive to say
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby acrios90 » 04 Oct 2012 13:16

bartekko wrote:twilight is an unicorn
celestia is an alicorn
luna is an alicorn

So, If I remember correctly before the princesses stood up to Discord he ruled equestria, and he isn't even a pony... there is no set-in-stone rule that you have to be an alicorn to rule equestria.
acrios90

Postby soultensionbenjamin » 04 Oct 2012 14:06

ahem....
Seriously pitch this idea to Hasbro
We need to know more about the history of the alicorns and Celestias plan in order to explain this issue.
soultensionbenjamin

Postby Nine Volt » 04 Oct 2012 14:44

*facepalm*

Alicorns are immortal. Unicorns are not.
Nine Volt

Postby acrios90 » 04 Oct 2012 15:18

soultensionbenjamin wrote:Image
ahem....
Seriously pitch this idea to Hasbro
We need to know more about the history of the alicorns and Celestia's plan in order to explain this issue.

Love this picture... Love everything about it..
I started this topic not to be serious but because I don't see much actual activity on this forum and I thought it would be a good idea to post a ridiculous topic in order to spark a debate/conversation. It isn't meant to be taken too seriously

but alicorns aren't immortal they just have a longer life and are harder to kill... and there is probably a spell for that. she cast a spell that instantly turned spike to an adult she could probably cast a spell to make her younger when needed. (or an spell to make her immortal). Unicorns live to apprx 1000 years I think that would be plenty of time to research.... and my final point is it is a cartoon, that involves magic, and talking ponies, anything is a possibility
acrios90

Postby Nine Volt » 04 Oct 2012 15:25

Fair enough. But I like to think that alicorns are immortal. You can have whatever theories you like though.
Nine Volt

Postby Freewave » 04 Oct 2012 17:25

They're immortal but they always lose in a fist-fight which is why you have to rely on your mane 6 and elements of harmony instead of battling it out yourself. :D

Plus are Alicorns always royalty by nature? Have we ever seen one that isn't? They do seem to have long-life spans if you believe Celestia's version of events (and D*Note's Vicious Lies, seems to say that's incorrect) On a seperate discussion on pony genetics, keep in mind the Cake's children were unicorn and pegasus through previous genetic links even though their parents were neither (interesting but far fetched).

If anyone has ever heard The Police's Wrapped Around Your Finger it's a great song about a wizard who teaches his apprentice and eventually is surpassed and beaten by them.

I will turn your face to alabaster, When you'll find your servant is your master. I'd entertain a ponified cover song but ponies don't have fingers so I don't know what you'd do with that. :lol:

It would be interesting to hear a brony version of a future Twilight doing the same if people ever get around to future mane 6 concepts and I've considered this as well. Course it's really up to fanfic writers to likely go this route before songwriters if they haven't.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby acrios90 » 04 Oct 2012 19:18

Freewave wrote:They're immortal but they always lose in a fist-fight which is why you have to rely on your mane 6 and elements of harmony instead of battling it out yourself. :D

Plus are Alicorns always royalty by nature? Have we ever seen one that isn't? They do seem to have long-life spans if you believe Celestia's version of events (and D*Note's Vicious Lies, seems to say that's incorrect) On a seperate discussion on pony genetics, keep in mind the Cake's children were unicorn and pegasus through previous genetic links even though their parents were neither (interesting but far fetched).

If anyone has ever heard The Police's Wrapped Around Your Finger it's a great song about a wizard who teaches his apprentice and eventually is surpassed and beaten by them.

I will turn your face to alabaster, When you'll find your servant is your master. I'd entertain a ponified cover song but ponies don't have fingers so I don't know what you'd do with that. :lol:

It would be interesting to hear a brony version of a future Twilight doing the same if people ever get around to future mane 6 concepts and I've considered this as well. Course it's really up to fanfic writers to likely go this route before songwriters if they haven't.

three things
1) Awesome Post :)

2) wrapped around your hoof? lol

3) Now I wanna draw the mane six in their futures
(Making a list below for future reference)

Rarity - Royal Dressmaker

Rainbow - Wonderbolts (Duh)

Fluttershy - helping with all of the animals in Canterlot.

Applejack - running "Apple Acre's Tasty Treats"

Pinky - Working with AJ and also being the top party planner in Canterlot

Twilight - Side by side with Celestia and Luna being their "Apprentice" (for lack of a better word)

Spike - Assisting either Rarity or Twilight... or both.
acrios90

Postby acrios90 » 04 Oct 2012 19:25

Nine Volt wrote:Fair enough. But I like to think that alicorns are immortal. You can have whatever theories you like though.

Even though they might be immortal if i was in celestia's position (even if I loved my job) I wouldnt want to do it for an eternity.. working 1 job forever would get boring even if it were the most action-packed interesting job ever! i would still find a replacement eventually so I could co out and see the world or settle down or something.
acrios90

Postby Magnitude Zero » 04 Oct 2012 21:28

acrios90 wrote:
Nine Volt wrote:Fair enough. But I like to think that alicorns are immortal. You can have whatever theories you like though.

Even though they might be immortal if i was in celestia's position (even if I loved my job) I wouldnt want to do it for an eternity.. working 1 job forever would get boring even if it were the most action-packed interesting job ever! i would still find a replacement eventually so I could co out and see the world or settle down or something.

But Twilight isn't immortal. Celestia doesn't seem like the kind of pony to dump her job on her student until she dies and then take it back. I also don't think the idea of passing down the throne from teacher to student for generations afterward would sit will with the Equestrian population. Too much opportunity for corruption.

Oh, and Celestia is pretty much their goddess. How do you think they'd feel if she just came out one day and said "k, i'm out, ya'll can worship this pony now, peace"?
Formerly known as Blind

DAW: FL Studio 10
Style: Chill/Downtempo

Soundcloud | Youtube | Tumblr
Magnitude Zero

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Horse butt not large enough

Postby acrios90 » 05 Oct 2012 05:46

Magnitude Zero wrote:But Twilight isn't immortal. Celestia doesn't seem like the kind of pony to dump her job on her student until she dies and then take it back. I also don't think the idea of passing down the throne from teacher to student for generations afterward would sit will with the Equestrian population. Too much opportunity for corruption.

Oh, and Celestia is pretty much their goddess. How do you think they'd feel if she just came out one day and said "k, i'm out, ya'll can worship this pony now, peace"?

Good point.. But celestia also doesnt seem to be the type of pony who would send her sister into isolation for a thousand years either (Tho she had good reason)

LOL dat quote
acrios90

Postby Magnitude Zero » 05 Oct 2012 12:46

acrios90 wrote:
Magnitude Zero wrote:But Twilight isn't immortal. Celestia doesn't seem like the kind of pony to dump her job on her student until she dies and then take it back. I also don't think the idea of passing down the throne from teacher to student for generations afterward would sit will with the Equestrian population. Too much opportunity for corruption.

Good point.. But celestia also doesnt seem to be the type of pony who would send her sister into isolation for a thousand years either (Tho she had good reason)

LOL dat quote

She didn't send her sister, she sent Nightmare Moon. There is a difference.
Formerly known as Blind

Magnitude Zero

Postby Freewave » 05 Oct 2012 16:44

Magnitude Zero wrote:
acrios90 wrote:

LOL dat quote

She didn't send her sister, she sent Nightmare Moon. There is a difference.

Darth Vader is still Luke's father....changing someone's alignment and their name doesn't destroy their family relationship unless you're Ben Kenobi trying to pull a fast one on a young whiney upstart jedi if you get the analogy....
Freewave

Postby Magnitude Zero » 05 Oct 2012 18:13

Freewave wrote:
Magnitude Zero wrote:She didn't send her sister, she sent Nightmare Moon. There is a difference.

Darth Vader is still Luke's father....changing someone's alignment and their name doesn't destroy their family relationship unless you're Ben Kenobi trying to pull a fast one on a young whiney upstart jedi if you get the analogy....

I should probably point out that, while this is my headcanon speaking, it's heavily based on canon.

It's not just her alignment that changed. I believe the opening of the pilot said something like "her jealousy turned her into a wicked mare of darkness", which implies that she was a totally different pony, in spirit if not in body. Not just Luna throwing a temper tantrum. So while Anakin just kinda said "fuck yo light side" but remained Anakin with a different name, Luna was something totally different.

Again, this is my headcanon, but Celestia banishing her sister to the moon doesn't make sense to me unless there was absolutely no hope of getting her back in any way. If she was still Luna, I'm sure Celestia would have been able to talk her out of it.

I really hope I'm making sense. :lol:
Formerly known as Blind

Magnitude Zero

Postby Raddons » 06 Oct 2012 00:25

People still watch the show?!?
Raddons

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Freewave » 06 Oct 2012 11:20

Well i think it's kinda of a conventient way for Celestia to explain her actions but you do have a point to a degree (and let's face it, it WAS a children's show so they went with a pretty basic explanation). After all there were some physical form changes as well as vocal changes in the characters. Clearly there was a duel for power, Celestia won, and she got to explain how that all happened from her pov.

This whole transforming into the bad guy and losing all sense of the original charcter has been used in comic books for decades . Spider Man villians were almost always friends with Peter before they transformed and went "mad" and become unreasonable. So really it's nothing new there.
Freewave

Postby Grace Note » 10 Oct 2012 15:38

Regardless of how far-fetched this is, it is a very plausible theory that makes a lot of sense. I have an inkling that this won't occur, though.
"In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big..."
"Caravan" ~ Rush

Check me out on YouTube, Facebook, SoundCloud, Bandcamp, and Tumblr!
Grace Note

Postby Supersaw Hoover » 11 Oct 2012 15:46

bartekko wrote:twilight is an unicorn
celestia is an alicorn
luna is an alicorn

In the crowning ceremony they glue wings onto her duh
Supersaw Hoover

Postby K3WRO » 17 Oct 2012 05:22

You guys think too much, it's just a show
Soundcloud : http://www.soundcloud.com/megapie-1
Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/user/antigravtoast2/featured

-I'm not Dead, I just don't make small horse music anymore-
K3WRO

Primary: Reason
Cutie Mark: Your Face

Postby Djeinus » 17 Oct 2012 15:34

I thought this was relevant to this thread:
Djeinus

Primary: Sibelius.
Cutie Mark: ur butt

Postby Beetie Swelle » 17 Oct 2012 16:32

Djeinus wrote:I thought this was relevant to this thread:

[/thread]

Although I can agree that Celestia is probably teaching Twilight to prepare her for some higher position, I don't think it's going to be "ruler of Equestria".
I like to think I'm well-rounded because I'm not really good at anything.

Steam | Youtube | Soundcloud (Random WIPs and stuff) EQBeats (Stuff that's actually finished)
Beetie Swelle

Postby GhostXb » 23 Oct 2012 15:43

If they ever made a MLP: FIM full length movie, wouldn't it be a powerful and heartfelt plot (no pun intended) if say, Celestia and/or Luna were defeated or lost their power, and Twilight Sparkle had to rise to the occasion, potentially replacing them? Then perhaps Twilight Sparkle and friends graduated to immortality, and the mane 6 would run off heroically into the sunset as Equestria's new rulers/saviors?

It's ridiculous speculation, but ridiculous speculation is fun!
GhostXb

Postby penguindf12 » 26 Jan 2013 18:23

Lauren Faust says it's too painful for her to watch the show anymore, and it is for me also...
penguindf12

Postby soultensionbenjamin » 26 Jan 2013 18:38

i cant believe we have an alicorn twilight rumor
soultensionbenjamin

Next

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic