Ever have any FiM inspired dreams?

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Ever have any FiM inspired dreams?

Postby Navron » 07 Sep 2012 14:03

We've got a, "What's your dream episode," thread, but what about actual dreams?

Considering it's a show and hobby we all love, it's bound to have ended up in our dreams at some point. So what dreams have you had that are inspired by the show?

Examples:
- You end up in Equestria.
- The ponies end up in your world.
- You actually are a pony.
- Etc.

*Note: If you had a grimdark, clop, etc. related dream, don't go into mega detail. Aka, keep it PG rated amongst some of you who may have had more, "in-depth," dreams.

I've had 3 dreams, but so far they've all been in our world, and usually I end up running into them randomly, vs some kind of sci-fi teleporting crap.

First dream:
- Was playing airsoft with some buddies, and notice a cyan blue pegasi with rainbow hair darting between trees on the other team.

Second dream:
- The mane 6 end up on my boat on deployment. Turns out it was for some special mission.

Third dream:
- Was on leave with family. Applejack was helping with the cooking for dinner. Rainbow Dash was playing around with my younger brother and sister.

Pretty bland dreams so far. Figured with how much I follow the show and fandom that I'd have FiM related dreams more often, but it's been relatively rare.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Re: Ever have any FiM inspired dreams?

Postby SpyPie » 07 Sep 2012 19:46

Of Course! FiM Dreams were the reason I became a Brony!

They are far too confusing to post though :P
Long Live the glory of the swarm and it's queen.
~
My Soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/mootaboot
SpyPie

Postby Fimbulin » 07 Sep 2012 21:06

I had this dream just thismorning! I was conducting an orchestra of ponies, and then the violas and violin sections start off on their own tangent with no regard to the written score or to my directions. I woke up on the most sour violin stab that you've ever heard.

I was seriously startled awake. I found I forgot to set my alarm the night before, but I had woken up in time to rush to my first class. Useful dream that was.
Analytical music theorist!
http://www.youtube.com/fimbulinmusic
http://www.soundcloud.com/fimbulin

FL Studio, Kontakt 5, orchestral mostly. I buy my gear.
I haunt skype so ask me questions there or viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8502
Fimbulin

Postby Magnitude Zero » 07 Sep 2012 21:23

A few days after I found the show, I had a dream I was just chillin' at my school with the Mane 6. Good times were had.

Around when Skyrim came out, I had a dream about a giant fire-breathing Fluttershy.

Just a few weeks ago, I had a dream in which the only thing I remember was giving Pinkie a hug.

I'm sure I've had more but that's all I can remember at the moment.
Formerly known as Blind

DAW: FL Studio 10
Style: Chill/Downtempo

Soundcloud | Youtube | Tumblr
Magnitude Zero

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Horse butt not large enough

Postby K3WRO » 08 Sep 2012 06:24

I had a dream of magically transporting to equestria,
I was held hostage by fluttershy to be kept as a pet (note : I was still human when I got there )
Soundcloud : http://www.soundcloud.com/megapie-1
Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/user/antigravtoast2/featured

-I'm not Dead, I just don't make small horse music anymore-
K3WRO

Primary: Reason
Cutie Mark: Your Face

Postby DJ TATCM » 08 Sep 2012 10:29

I don't know if this counts, but I had a dream that I went to BroNYCon, and I got together with Omnipony, Ibeabronyrapper, PhillyPu, The Living Tombstone, and a bunch of other Asian/semi-Asian people and formed a posse. .-.
CommandSpry wrote:srbija never explore pleasure of sit :(

Vote for my remix here!
Soundcloud
BandCamp
YouTube
our love is stronger than a golden banana
DJ TATCM

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: trent reznor

Postby Navron » 08 Sep 2012 11:49

DJ TATCM wrote:I don't know if this counts, but I had a dream that I went to BroNYCon, and I got together with Omnipony, Ibeabronyrapper, PhillyPu, The Living Tombstone, and a bunch of other Asian/semi-Asian people and formed a posse. .-.

That wouldn't be too far off from what actually happened :D
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Postby SpyPie » 08 Sep 2012 12:03

Alright, Get ready.

I had a dream that I was in this depressed, grayscale alternate reality where the world had been invaded by some sort of zombie alien. Me and my friend (who was/is a brony) decided to draw rough sketches of our OCs (apparently I had drawing super powers in my dream). Since the teachers (we were in school) in my dream were tyrants and complete douches. The teacher looked at me and told me to stand up. I did so. His eyes flashed and everyone in the room turned into a Poni. Than me and my friend turned into a Poni. A fight ensued.

I woke up.
~
My Soundcloud
SpyPie

Postby XXDarkShadow79XX » 08 Sep 2012 19:16

With princess celestia, I saved applejack from a bunch of bandits. Then she blew everything up with these super awesome mega-man like gauntlets.

Oh yeah, and we were all human and flying for some reason.
XXDarkShadow79XX

Primary: FL

Postby Gnarrkhaz » 11 Sep 2012 14:35

Haven't dreamed of ponies either yet.

However, i'm currently looking into lucid dreaming. Once i finally have a lucid dream it's off to Equestria for me! :D
Gnarrkhaz

Primary: Reaper
Cutie Mark: white solid body guitar

Postby Gnarrkhaz » 11 Sep 2012 14:52

Kyoga wrote:my lucid dreams suuuuuuuuck.
They're always horror inspired.

Haven't experienced it yet but i think the idea is that you control the dream yourself. I'm therefore a bit confused that you're having horrific lucid dreams. Lucid dreaming is even used to fight nightmares and confront your fears and all that stuff.
Gnarrkhaz

Postby XXDarkShadow79XX » 11 Sep 2012 15:22

I think I suffer from sleep paralysis sometimes, so when I have an "attack" I could use that to go into a Lucid Dream. (I've heard of people that have done that.) So maybe if you guys experience it (I think it happens to normal people sometimes) you could try it out. The only reason I haven't successfully done it yet is because every time I go into sleep paralysis, I panic and wake myself up. If you didn't know, SP is damn scary.
XXDarkShadow79XX

Postby Gnarrkhaz » 11 Sep 2012 15:39

XXDarkShadow79XX wrote:The only reason I haven't successfully done it yet is because every time I go into sleep paralysis, I panic and wake myself up. If you didn't know, SP is damn scary.

There are actually ways to induce Sleep Paralysis but not going to try that out, that's for sure. Instead i'm keeping a dream diary and make constant reality checks. So far i haven't acomplished anything yet though. :/
Gnarrkhaz

Postby XXDarkShadow79XX » 11 Sep 2012 15:59

Gnarrkhaz wrote:
XXDarkShadow79XX wrote:The only reason I haven't successfully done it yet is because every time I go into sleep paralysis, I panic and wake myself up. If you didn't know, SP is damn scary.

There are actually ways to induce Sleep Paralysis but not going to try that out, that's for sure. Instead i'm keeping a dream diary and make constant reality checks. So far i haven't acomplished anything yet though. :/

Yeah, I think that's probably a more reliable method than repeatedly resisting panic attacks while immobilized.
XXDarkShadow79XX

Postby Djeinus » 11 Sep 2012 16:34

There was this time when I was inside Minecraft with Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash just you know, mining rock and stuff, until we found this shiny diamond block. So I mined it and I fell down into a factory-like place and there we met some guy who told us that there was some evil to beware of. Then we met Sheldon Cooper, promised him we'd help him with his soda addiction and then we went skating on our stomachs going around 60 mph and then I hit a wall and Sheldon puked.
Djeinus

Primary: Sibelius.
Cutie Mark: ur butt

Postby Captain Ironhelm » 11 Sep 2012 17:57

I was a marine on a spaceship and there was a Rainbowdash magnet on the fridge in the cafeteria.

Incredible, I know. :?
Captain Ironhelm

Postby Navron » 14 Sep 2012 14:26

XXDarkShadow79XX wrote:I think I suffer from sleep paralysis sometimes, so when I have an "attack" I could use that to go into a Lucid Dream. (I've heard of people that have done that.) So maybe if you guys experience it (I think it happens to normal people sometimes) you could try it out. The only reason I haven't successfully done it yet is because every time I go into sleep paralysis, I panic and wake myself up. If you didn't know, SP is damn scary.

I've experienced SP once or twice in my lifetime, and I agree, it isn't much fun.

The only times I've experienced lucid dreaming have been when I realize halfway into a dream that I'm in fact dreaming.
Navron
Global Moderator

Postby itroitnyah » 15 Oct 2012 17:55

I've had like 2 pony dreams I think. I remember like only one though, and I faintly remember telling a friend about another one.

But the one that I remember I don't really like to talk about since I'm not a clopper :shock: But I was in the bathroom and rainbow dash was there. No, not in that way. The scene I don't like to talk about didn't involve me. Fast forward past the clop scene, and we come to my flying to school by flapping my arms. Then I was flying around the school halls. I love flying dreams. They're the best.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby vladnuke » 16 Oct 2012 01:46

At first I was a pony
Then I was a pony on a quad cycle
Then I was the pony manifestation of an F-16 (I like cool planes.)
Then I walked into the set of a generic sitcom, saying "Honey, I'm home". The laugh track played. No responce. I walked forward, towards the kitchen, every step growing louder on the wood floor. "Honey, you there?" I spoke with a whimper, as I entered the kitchen, where a woman laid on the cold tile floor, knife sticking out of her forehead. Then the laugh track played. And played. And the audience rose from their seats, and went towards me, and that same laugh track kept playing, growing louder, and louder, until it was static, and all there was was static, and I tried to run but I was gripped with fear, as the crowd neared me. A flash, light bulb hanging over my head, I was in a hallway, the doors streched for miles, then one flung open. I went through, and came out into a desert. I slowly started walking through it, miles away from any form of civilization, a place lost to time and space. I walked for about 2 miles, then fell, looking out into the horizon, a sandstorm was approaching, large and cascading. It washed over me, sand whipping and tearing at my skin, like little glass knives everywhere. I got up and ran for shelter, at which I fell far down a hole, and came out the other side, soaked, in a fountain, at a fancy outdoor party. I walked through, now cold and dripping, looking for someone who knew when the auction was going to start. But it had already begun. "40 bucks for this glass pan, going once, going twice, sold, to the man in the wet suit!" I went up to collect my cookware. I was wondering why I had just bought this. I didn't remember buying it. Then the world melted and I woke up.
vladnuke

Postby DjMidli » 16 Oct 2012 02:17

I had a dream back a year ago I was making out with my current girlfriend...everything was going a-ok...

Until I noticed twilight sparkle in the corner taking notes on me and my belle....

Only pony dream i've had to date ;-;
DJ and producer of hard music with a powerful stage presence hailing from BC, Canadeh.
Denon MC-6000 | ATH - M40x
Traktor | Fl Studio

http://www.youtube.com/DJMidli
https://twitter.com/DjMidli
DjMidli

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Hard & Sweet

Postby Jimmy » 16 Oct 2012 04:26

I dreamt I was in an American car (the wheel was on the left) which had the Simpsons painted all over it, and I was carrying Doc Brown in the passenger seat with Apple Bloom in the back.

I think I woke up when I crashed it.
My Website - I post stuff here.
My DeviantART - I make terrible art here.

Jimmy's YouTube Channel - All my recent stuff!
Jimmy's MIDI Powerhouse - More than 150 original MIDIs!
Jimmy

Postby itroitnyah » 02 Nov 2012 18:41

Had a dream where I was browsing the internet with my younger brother, who's younger than me by 2 years. And, there happened to be some not very good ponies on that webpage. Since I'm not a clopper :shock: I scrolled past them, but there was more :( and it was never ending. Not a good dream. My little brother isn't even a brony.

Dear Celestia, why the hell do I only ever have clop related pony dreams? It'd be nice to have a clean one for once.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby SpyPie » 02 Nov 2012 18:52

Ibangedluna
~
My Soundcloud
SpyPie

Postby Ed Viper » 07 Nov 2012 00:33

Pony dreams?

Umm, I haven't had any. I wish I could have one, but I haven't had one.

Even though lucid dreaming sounds cool, I don't care enough about experiencing it to go through the work required to actually have one.

My dreams also tend to stay pretty rooted in reality. Must be the engineer in me.
Soundcloud
Tumblr

If you ever need someone to talk to -

That's all I got right now.
Ed Viper

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Charlie Sheen

Postby DijiTwitch » 07 Nov 2012 02:45

SpyPie wrote:Ibangedluna

Same.
DijiTwitch