Season 2 Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Re: Season 2 Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Postby LFP » 27 Apr 2012 16:56

Flinckie wrote:
LFP wrote:Image

STOP IT!

BAD MEMORIES BAD MEMORIES BAD MEMORIES BAD MEMORIES

O shi-
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby SeventhElement » 27 Apr 2012 18:41

Flinckie wrote:
brokensyntax wrote:Discord has potential. When he makes his reappearance, something tells me he'll serious the fuck up.

You shouldn't assume he's going to be voicing Discord. It probably will be Discord, but there is no guarantee.

Regardless, everything John de Lancie voices is gold.

I recall hearing a blurb from some con somewhere saying that it was discord and it was an important story piece.

Either way, gold indeed.
Soundcloud

Youtube

DAW: FL Studio 10

Genres: drums and bass, dubstep/chillstep, retro, breakcore, glitch, chiptunes, piano, chillout/downtempo, house, trance, acid, ambient, rap, post-rock, soundtrack, french house

ok what why have I produced so many genres help
SeventhElement

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: 404 Butt Logo Not Found

Postby LFP » 28 Apr 2012 04:05

brokensyntax wrote:
Flinckie wrote:
brokensyntax wrote:Discord has potential. When he makes his reappearance, something tells me he'll serious the fuck up.

You shouldn't assume he's going to be voicing Discord. It probably will be Discord, but there is no guarantee.

Regardless, everything John de Lancie voices is gold.

I recall hearing a blurb from some con somewhere saying that it was discord and it was an important story piece.

Either way, gold indeed.

Yeah I've been hearing that too.
Just hoping it doesn't turn out like the last time when the final fight was like 5 seconds with little to no resistance from discord (:
Brony Music Directory
LFP

Postby SeventhElement » 28 Apr 2012 08:36

You do bring up an interesting point though. All of the final fights seem to last like 2 minutes. Getting to the fights take the most time. It seems like all of the villains get their asses kicked by stupid oversights that can easily be avoided(Elements of Harmony, power of love, etc). Even though they take two episodes to finally get there, the actual fight seems super short.
Soundcloud

Youtube

Genres: drums and bass, dubstep/chillstep, retro, breakcore, glitch, chiptunes, piano, chillout/downtempo, house, trance, acid, ambient, rap, post-rock, soundtrack, french house

SeventhElement

Postby Navron » 28 Apr 2012 13:12

Well at least it isn't like DBZ where 2 episodes is just them powering up.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby LFP » 28 Apr 2012 14:20

NavyBrony wrote:Well at least it isn't like DBZ where 2 episodes is just them powering up.

True.

But with discord it was like:

Discord having complete control teleporting magic and stuff, sudden momentum change and he just sits doing nothing but screaming while getting hit by the awesome rainbow.

Although the episode overall is extremly good.
Brony Music Directory
LFP

Postby inkBot » 28 Apr 2012 18:55

I wasn't really dissing Discord. Like I said, he's entertaining, but he didn't really do anything after he "won".
Also, he's the embodiement of chaos, and sets up rules? And keeps the rules? Whut? (Minor quibble but w/e ^^)

It'd be interesting if they used all three major villains next season. Chrysalis returns and frees Discord. Discord starts being... well, Discord... and lures Celestia away, somehow. Meanwhile Chrysalis takes her place and starts corrupting Lunas mind, turning her into Nightmare Moon again.
inkBot

Postby SeventhElement » 29 Apr 2012 14:57

As much as I hate it, I'd like to see Trixie become an even bigger pain in the ass.
Soundcloud

Youtube

SeventhElement

Postby Legion » 29 Apr 2012 17:09

inkBot wrote:I wasn't really dissing Discord. Like I said, he's entertaining, but he didn't really do anything after he "won".
Also, he's the embodiement of chaos, and sets up rules? And keeps the rules? Whut? (Minor quibble but w/e ^^)

It'd be interesting if they used all three major villains next season. Chrysalis returns and frees Discord. Discord starts being... well, Discord... and lures Celestia away, somehow. Meanwhile Chrysalis takes her place and starts corrupting Lunas mind, turning her into Nightmare Moon again.

Take away Chrysalis and we're golden.
Legion

Postby Trillionage » 29 Apr 2012 17:46

brokensyntax wrote:You do bring up an interesting point though. All of the final fights seem to last like 2 minutes. Getting to the fights take the most time. It seems like all of the villains get their asses kicked by stupid oversights that can easily be avoided(Elements of Harmony, power of love, etc). Even though they take two episodes to finally get there, the actual fight seems super short.

I didn't realize that until you pointed it out. Now it just feels like captain planet: villains pop up, heroes get their ass kicked until the five last minutes of the show when with their powers combined they become THE ELEMENTS OF HARMONY! Mind you i'm not complaining, because its about the journey not the destination and captain planet is mega awesome in its hammy corniness.
Trillionage

Postby SeventhElement » 29 Apr 2012 19:20

At least we don't have green mullets.
Soundcloud

Youtube

SeventhElement

Postby Trillionage » 29 Apr 2012 19:26

Give it time. We are already halfway there.
Trillionage

Postby Ed Viper » 30 Apr 2012 00:02

Trillionage wrote:
brokensyntax wrote:You do bring up an interesting point though. All of the final fights seem to last like 2 minutes. Getting to the fights take the most time. It seems like all of the villains get their asses kicked by stupid oversights that can easily be avoided(Elements of Harmony, power of love, etc). Even though they take two episodes to finally get there, the actual fight seems super short.

I didn't realize that until you pointed it out. Now it just feels like captain planet: villains pop up, heroes get their ass kicked until the five last minutes of the show when with their powers combined they become THE ELEMENTS OF HARMONY! Mind you i'm not complaining, because its about the journey not the destination and captain planet is mega awesome in its hammy corniness.

Keep in mind that this IS a kid's show. A super epic long final fight scene might be seen as a little too much for the younger viewers. Plus kids' attention spans probably aren't quite up to speed with what we've developed so far, so a long final fight scene could get rather boring for the young'uns.
Soundcloud
Tumblr

If you ever need someone to talk to -

That's all I got right now.
Ed Viper

Cutie Mark: Charlie Sheen

Postby Trillionage » 30 Apr 2012 08:32

There's also the amount of time available. Its hard to stretch a story through three consecutive episodes without padding. A whole episode devoted to a fight in a show that is not known for epic battles aside from being slightly out of place, would just drag on, that is if the story preceding was given enough development. If we are just tossed the enemy and have them fight it right away, it would just make the whole series of episodes lacking.
Trillionage

Postby SeventhElement » 30 Apr 2012 08:42

Trillionage wrote:There's also the amount of time available. Its hard to stretch a story through three consecutive episodes without padding. A whole episode devoted to a fight in a show that is not known for epic battles aside from being slightly out of place, would just drag on, that is if the story preceding was given enough development. If we are just tossed the enemy and have them fight it right away, it would just make the whole series of episodes lacking.

Time constraints are definitely shown by the Season 2 finale, it could have been expanded on so much. Eh, such is the medium of TV.
Soundcloud

Youtube

SeventhElement

Postby Big AppleDoom » 30 Apr 2012 09:24

brokensyntax wrote:
Trillionage wrote:There's also the amount of time available. Its hard to stretch a story through three consecutive episodes without padding. A whole episode devoted to a fight in a show that is not known for epic battles aside from being slightly out of place, would just drag on, that is if the story preceding was given enough development. If we are just tossed the enemy and have them fight it right away, it would just make the whole series of episodes lacking.

Time constraints are definitely shown by the Season 2 finale, it could have been expanded on so much. Eh, such is the medium of TV.

The worst thing in FiM - the episodes are always too short.
At least 45 minutes per episode, please! The world of G4 ponies has so much potential and it's not completely used in making just 22 minute shorts.
Big AppleDoom

Postby Trillionage » 30 Apr 2012 11:53

Maybe less ads would be better. Not that it be possible since its still made by a company whose primary goal is sell as many toys as possible. But even expanding it to 25 minutes could do wonders.
Trillionage

Previous

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic