Bronies in the wild

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Re: Bronies in the wild

Postby MRPPony » 02 Oct 2012 22:44

Heh didn't even notice this thread before.
Well I work at Five Guys and I saw some guy come in with a Big Macintosh shirt on that said, Eeyup on it. Oh the same day, an 11-ish year old came in cosplayed as Len from Vocaloid. I know not pony related, but just felt like throwing that out there. I giggled hard at both of em but I had to stay, "professional" so I didn't say hi T_T

Someone drew on our 'fan wall' (random drawings/comments of people saying 'five guys is awesome' etc.) Fluttershy and Twilight eating a burger.
I am Magical Rainbow Pegasus Pony and this is my music. Lets not fuck about. X3
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
My EQBeats
MRPPony

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Blank flank ftw

Postby LoreRD » 03 Oct 2012 15:29

My best friend in my class has a Fluttershy backpack, Rainbow Dash cutie mark necklace and pony shirts, all of which he wears to school every day :P
And another friend in my class has a Fluttershy figurine duct-taped to his backpack. And there's more bronies in class as well....

Yeah, I'm lucky.
DAW: Logic Pro Studio 9 | VSTs: Komplete 9 Ultimate
Piano Improvisations, Electro-orchestral-alternative instrumentals/remixes, drummer
Youtube | SoundCloud | tumblr
Brony Musician Directory
Thanks to Makkon for the avatar
LoreRD

Postby itroitnyah » 15 Oct 2012 17:47

LoreRD wrote:My best friend in my class has a Fluttershy backpack, Rainbow Dash cutie mark necklace and pony shirts, all of which he wears to school every day :P
And another friend in my class has a Fluttershy figurine duct-taped to his backpack. And there's more bronies in class as well....

Yeah, I'm lucky.
Wow, bro. I know a ton of bronys and pegasisters irl as well, but unfortunately none of them are really fanatical into the show except for like two. Or three. I know like 8 from school, and then like 5 or 6 are my cousins, and then my older brother is a brony as well. And as soon as I have spare money I'm converting my entire wardrobe to pony (leaving a few regular shirts for other occasions) and then buying like an entire set of pony toys and stuff. Maybe a few plushies from deviant art. I'll sorta be the equivalent of this guy:
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Lethaargic » 09 Nov 2012 01:44

I went to a weekend open air rave not long ago. On a farm in the middle of nowhere in Iowa. out of 300 random people I meet 2 other bronys, I couldn't believe it. They were total bros too.
art is the quintessential embodiment of telepathy, it is how we show each other the inside of our minds

Previously Spacepsy

SoundCloud
Lethaargic

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 01 Jan 2013 22:19

A couple Friends and I once led about 40-ish bronies through the middle of the state capitol (Brisbane) in a mass Spy-Crab walk during a meetup. It was a good day.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QL5ZpIpDBA[/youtube]

this was a bit before that, when we were in the park. After that, me and my friends took the lead. I'm the guy with the blue tophat and satchel.

EDIT: Embedding isn't working :/
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Magnitude Zero » 10 Jan 2013 23:07

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:A couple Friends and I once led about 40-ish bronies through the middle of the state capitol (Brisbane) in a mass Spy-Crab walk during a meetup. It was a good day.

this was a bit before that, when we were in the park. After that, me and my friends took the lead. I'm the guy with the blue tophat and satchel.

EDIT: Embedding isn't working :/

ftfy, remove the "s" in https
Formerly known as Blind

DAW: FL Studio 10
Style: Chill/Downtempo

Soundcloud | Youtube | Tumblr
Magnitude Zero

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Horse butt not large enough

Postby topitmunkeydog » 12 Jan 2013 08:32

One day I was wearing my "brony" t shirt (The one that says Brony on it) and then I went to the library. I was walking to the checkout when I saw this dude wearing a "20% cooler" shirt. We kinda just stood there for a couple of seconds staring at each other and then turned around and kept walking. Haha, antisocial for the win :)

Another thing is once I was at a summer camp for Quiz Bowl and me and two of my brony friends from school decided to sit on the floor and played loud ponystep. We discovered three closet bronies this way :D
topitmunkeydog

Primary: (trying to learn) ableton
Cutie Mark: yes

Postby FLAOFEI » 15 Jan 2013 15:47

I know 4 bronys in my school, and we are the bestest of friends :) I do want one of them to be my girlfriend... but its complicated. Were working on it.

I do suspect my english teacher to be a closet brony. He has been wanting to get a copy of the fighting is magic demo I have on my computer. He says its to play with his kids, 2 young girls I think, but since he rememberd it since mid last term I think he has atleast some personal intrest in ponies c:
I allso have one teacher who finds me a completley crazy idiot whenever I wear a bronyshirt or express my bronynes in public. Luckily hes cool with most of the crazy shit in this world, so I think im good.

Other than that, I went to a big brony meetup once. It was glorious! BRONIES EVERYWHERE!!!
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Genkar » 20 Jan 2013 20:34

Saw this on the highway the other day, immediately took a picture.

Percussionist - Electronic Musician In Training
Soundcloud/Youtube/Tumblr
Genkar

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby ph00tbag » 27 Jan 2013 18:11

I'm a front end manager at Target, which is kind of like a watering hole for wild bronies. I see a lot of t-shirts, and I always tell the wearers that I like their shirts. There's one pair, however, that always show up in hats, with, like, pony jewelry and stuff, and they've told me that they make the rounds every week or so to see what's in stock. They also never go out in public without donning some kind of pony gear.

When they told me that, my store's loss protection guy was listening to the conversation, and turned to me afterwards, and said, "I can't believe you let him call you out on your brony cred like that."
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Postby Nine Volt » 27 Jan 2013 18:19

ph00tbag wrote:I'm a front end manager at Target, which is kind of like a watering hole for wild bronies. I see a lot of t-shirts, and I always tell the wearers that I like their shirts. There's one pair, however, that always show up in hats, with, like, pony jewelry and stuff, and they've told me that they make the rounds every week or so to see what's in stock. They also never go out in public without donning some kind of pony gear.

They sound like my friend.
He's kind of embarrassing to be seen around sometimes :3
Nine Volt

Postby SticktheFigure » 27 Jan 2013 21:33

Spotted myself in a mirror today.
Spoiler woof:
Jokeblue wrote:the avatar of one of the guys who donated pretty much sums up how this is going
Keyboard: Yamaha Sy22 DAW: FLStudio 10 VST: Massive, Zeta+ 2
SticktheFigure

Cutie Mark: Piano

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 28 Jan 2013 08:57

SticktheFigure wrote:Spotted myself in a mirror today.

O EM GEE WOT?!
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 23 Apr 2013 16:10

I go to a camp in the summer. They take videos of what people do during the day and make a highlights video for each day. Last year at camp (before I was a brony), they included ponies in the highlights for some reason. (I don't have the video, unfortunately, it's not on youtube.) he next day down by the lake, some kid was naming all the ponies. (What a weirdo right?) I actually thought that it was funny that he knew all the ponies, who knew that I would eventually too?

Also, at my school, I saw some girl with a Dr. Hooves T-shirt, a guy with 20% cooler glasses, and another kid with a Pon-3 hoodie. I don't have anything pony related to wear, but I DJ pony music at my school, the songs that only a brony would know. Basically, my school has a silent auction where you make bids for songs that you want to hear during passing period. The highest bidder has their song played. I am the guy that puts it on the speakers for the whole school to hear. On the times that there are no bids for songs, I play awesome tunes like Bass Rocket (Silva Hound) and Get My Rope (Nettohunden). I've yet to be confronted about this being pony related. The closest to being confronted is that some kid told me, "That's such a dumb song..." as if he somehow knew it was pony.
Bronies Are Cool

Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby ExoBassTix » 24 Apr 2013 07:55

Eh, why not.

Yea there are really no obvious bronies here in The Netherlands... Prolly all closet bronies or something.
*sigh*

Must buy that fcking t-shirt and iPhone 4 case now. Magnet mode: ON.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby FLAOFEI » 24 Apr 2013 08:52

I have classmates saying they see a middle age man with a Fluttershy backpack every day on their way home from school.
I wanna see him to
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
FLAOFEI

Postby ph00tbag » 24 Apr 2013 21:40

You probably actually don't.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Postby FLAOFEI » 24 Apr 2013 23:44

Yes I do.
He has a frickin Fluttershy backpack! I've never even seen one irl! I want!!! And they say he looks like a nice guy...
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Nine Volt » 25 Apr 2013 04:51

Yeah but it's a middle aged guy wearing a backpack with a character from a cartoon intended for little girls. Doesn't that seem even a tad 'off' to you?
Nine Volt

Postby FLAOFEI » 25 Apr 2013 23:50

Nine Volt wrote:Doesn't that seem even a tad 'off' to you?

Meh, sure. But I'm concidering colouring my hair Rainbow this summer. A non gay guy with rainbow hair is more off imo.
As form him being either a clopper or childmolestor... Whichever you where refering to... No! Thats just unfair. Hes brave awesome person who dont give shit caise he bad ass!
(or your right... In which case #yolo)
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 26 Apr 2013 06:47

Nine Volt wrote:Yeah but it's a middle aged guy wearing a backpack with a character from a cartoon intended for little girls. Doesn't that seem even a tad 'off' to you?

Yeah but we're a bunch of teenage /adult dudes who watch my little pony which is intended for little girls. Doesn't that seem even a tad "off" to you?
Bronies Are Cool

Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby v.lossity » 26 Apr 2013 07:49

Nine Volt wrote:Yeah but it's a middle aged guy wearing a backpack with a character from a cartoon intended for little girls. Doesn't that seem even a tad 'off' to you?

Yeah pretty sure everyone into pony would be considered "off" by this logic. Normal is boring.
v.lossity

Postby HMage » 26 Apr 2013 16:03

Got approached in a cafe last saturday when I was in my fluttershy tee.

"ooh, fluttershy!" *brohoof*
HMage

Primary: Ableton

Postby FLAOFEI » 27 Apr 2013 13:37

v.lossity wrote:Normal is boring.

Truth being spoken!
Reminds me of my favourite quote. "If I'm not better, at least I'm different!"

HMage wrote:"ooh, fluttershy!" *brohoof*

Epic success! I need to wear pony shirt more often
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Lying Pink » 27 Apr 2013 19:19

(singing) I have never met a brony in real life
eery wrote:However, I still think theres a short line between "eccentric" and "craving for attention".
Agreed, I think. Then again, I think most people are actually really strange and they just try very hard to hide it. Meeting people who care less about hiding it can be refreshing. Except when they shove it in your face.
Fnord.
Soundcloud | Tumblr | Skype | YouTube | Email
/)__~
</</
Lying Pink

Primary: Reaper
Cutie Mark: Knees

PreviousNext

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic