My Little Pony Fan Labor Wiki

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

My Little Pony Fan Labor Wiki

Postby Tulipclaymore » 02 Jun 2012 19:29

Hello. With Makkon's permission, I would like to introduce those of you who don't know it yet to the My Little Pony Fan Labor Wiki, where I am an administrator. The name is a little unwieldy, but the purpose is not: the wiki aims to catalogue this fandom's productivity, be it in the form of fan fiction, fan art, games, videos, or music, among others. It is not a repository (like FIMFiction, YouTube or deviantArt), but an encyclopaedia: we host pages which summarise the fandom's activities in any of the many fields which are of interest to the wiki.

So I would like to invite everyone here to participate in the wiki; you do not need a wikia account to edit an existing article or even to create a new one. There are almost no restrictions to creating new pages either for yourself or for someone whose work you would like represented on the wiki.

For musicians, for instance, all that is asked is that the musician in question have already released a few songs which can be listed, and that the page is more substantial than "this musician exists". For instance, a selected composition can be described in a little more detail; and/or the musician's style can be analysed; and/or some relevant, pre-existing information can be summarised. For examples, take a look at Tsyolin's and MandoPony's pages.
Other music-related projects can get pages as well, like the various charity albums, Balloon Party, or this very website.

Every contribution matters, no matter how small. If you'd like to help, that'd be greatly appreciated. If the last between-seasons hiatus is any indication, the fandom is going to grow a great deal more until the next new episode, and the wiki has the opportunity of becoming a central information resource to newcomers, and maybe to more experienced fans as well. I've certainly discovered the work of quite a few people I wouldn't have found without the wiki.

If you have any questions (about technical aspects or our few content restrictions), please don't hesitate to ask.
Tulipclaymore

Re: My Little Pony Fan Labor Wiki

Postby Facade » 02 Jun 2012 20:11

great idea! definitely would like to see this expand
im no writer but maybe someone with more experience can add more about me? i already made a page for me xD but if someone is willing ill answer questions etc you dont have to its just a suggestion so my page doesnt look barren
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby ChromaticChaosPony » 02 Jun 2012 20:16

This is brilliant! I can finally use my Wikia account for something other than CreepyPasta.
ChromaticChaosPony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Facade » 02 Jun 2012 20:18

ChromaticChaosPony wrote:This is brilliant! I can finally use my Wikia account for something other than CreepyPasta.

and trolling xD
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

Facade

Postby Tulipclaymore » 02 Jun 2012 20:19

@Facade:
It's a little short at present. If you want, I can insert an empty table into the page so you can link to a couple representative songs of yours (similar to the tables on pretty much all the other musician pages).

The table actually comes standard issue if you start a new article via the front page (from the orange box in the centre), which I strongly recommend for newcomers, though you appear to have started with a blank page instead.
Tulipclaymore

Postby Facade » 02 Jun 2012 20:25

that would be awesome! thanks
and thats odd cause i swear i clicked on the starting layout one
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby Navron » 02 Jun 2012 23:54

Well I guess it's time to start learning how to wikiedit.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby Matthew N. » 03 Jun 2012 03:19

Even though I did not expect to see any lesser known artists like e.g. me, I am honestly surprised SimGretina isn't there. I guess I can say "yet" as the list(s) are probably going to expand, but so far the idea seems great.

Keep on going, and don't forget about us! :)
Matthew N.

Postby K3WRO » 03 Jun 2012 04:52

Great! Now we can have a nice list of brony musicians, artists, writers, etc.
Soundcloud : http://www.soundcloud.com/megapie-1
Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/user/antigravtoast2/featured

-I'm not Dead, I just don't make small horse music anymore-
K3WRO

Primary: Reason
Cutie Mark: Your Face

Postby ChromaticChaosPony » 03 Jun 2012 07:43

My page will be blank except for a giant trollface banner.
ChromaticChaosPony

Postby Tulipclaymore » 03 Jun 2012 13:03

Matthew_N wrote:Even though I did not expect to see any lesser known artists like e.g. me, I am honestly surprised SimGretina isn't there.

Well, there are less than a dozen musician pages on the wiki at present. Lots of artists both famous and not yet famous are missing, of course. That's part of why I created this thread: This place is full of people who like and know brony music.

Matthew_N wrote:Keep on going, and don't forget about us! :)

To clarify something I may not have relayed properly before: anyone can create a page about anyone else. It's relatively easy; there's a box on the front page where you can type in the name of an artist, and you'll then be redirected to a page with instructions.
The wiki does not enforce any popularity tests; if an article is encyclopedic (written neutrally and using publicly available sources) and long enough (with Tsyolin's page at the lower end of what is considered "long enough"), it stays. No matter whether someone's songs get 1,000 views per day or only 10.

ChromaticChaosPony wrote:My page will be blank except for a giant trollface banner.

That page wouldn't really survive for very long...
Tulipclaymore

Postby ChromaticChaosPony » 03 Jun 2012 14:36

I'm kidding. I plan on releasing some music over the summer. I am collabing on an album with a bunch of people.
ChromaticChaosPony

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic