So my friend may become a brony?

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

So my friend may become a brony?

Postby Kromium » 30 Apr 2012 16:25

I was just talking about MLP and the community and he seemed quite interested. I thought he was joking when he said that he was gonna watch season 1 in a day, but is there anything I should know, we will be watching it on Friday.
Music Stuff
Software:
Fruity Loops Studio 10
Ableton Live 8

Protools (Next Semester at School)
Hardware
Axiom 61 Gen 2
Microkorg
Tannoy Reveal 5a Monitor Speakers
Sennheiser HD 280
Cmoy BB v.2.03 (Headphone Amp)

Dance Music Manual Rick Snoman My best investment
Kromium

Re: So my friend may become a brony?

Postby Legion » 30 Apr 2012 16:41

Kromium wrote:I was just talking about MLP and the community and he seemed quite interested. I thought he was joking when he said that he was gonna watch season 1 in a day, but is there anything I should know, we will be watching it on Friday.

Don't force it. Just... don't. If he doesn't wind up liking it, leave it at that. Though at this stage, I'd doubt it'd come to that.

Once you start, there's no return. :twisted:
Legion

Postby the4thImpulse » 30 Apr 2012 17:38

legion2190 wrote:Don't force it. Just... don't. If he doesn't wind up liking it, leave it at that.

Agreed, if he wants to srop watching it then just stop and move on. He will also likely be super 'closet' brony too at first so respect that. Good luck, it sounds as if hes interested so I imagine it will be good.
the4thImpulse

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby AlicornBob » 01 May 2012 09:29

My friends...

The ones that are accepting of me being a brony don't seem that interested in it.
It sorta makes me sadface.

My best friend Ethen has a Rainbow Dash picture on his locker though. (I sorta spammed a bunch around the school.)

It's not that I want to force them to become bronies. I just wish I had someone around who was as into as I am. Everything is better when you have someone to share it with.
AlicornBob

Postby Freewave » 01 May 2012 20:37

also explain that the show got better as time went on (although i dont dislike the first eps). it really hit its stride towards the end of the season.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Kromium » 03 May 2012 12:57

Kyoga wrote:
AlicornBob wrote:My friends...

The ones that are accepting of me being a brony don't seem that interested in it.
It sorta makes me sadface.

My best friend Ethen has a Rainbow Dash picture on his locker though. (I sorta spammed a bunch around the school.)

It's not that I want to force them to become bronies. I just wish I had someone around who was as into as I am. Everything is better when you have someone to share it with.

you can't expect people to be into your hobby as much as you would like..

in my opinion, you should be thankful that you're not discriminated against for liking it.
one of my friends at the high school is getting harassed every day because of being a brony.
I decided not to mention my "bronyage" publicly, so noone locally knows, and I'm not harassed... but still. it's sad that people aren't tolerant of anything that (externally) looks girly or "homo".
Screw them and their hatred, but I'm really excited to move on and go to college.

SCHOLARSHIP. >:D

Oh that's so sad my friends just laugh it off.
Music Stuff
Software:
Fruity Loops Studio 10
Ableton Live 8

Protools (Next Semester at School)
Hardware
Axiom 61 Gen 2
Microkorg
Tannoy Reveal 5a Monitor Speakers
Sennheiser HD 280
Cmoy BB v.2.03 (Headphone Amp)

Dance Music Manual Rick Snoman My best investment
Kromium

Postby Legion » 03 May 2012 18:36

Kyoga wrote:a great sequence of episodes = this.
1: first 2 of the season
2: Boast Busters
3: Bridle Gossip.

I think Flutterguy will instantly convert a man into a brony (which is like a man, but more manly)

Bridle Gossip, Applebuck Season (that's the one that got me into the show) and Lesson Zero are all great ones. Try not to use the obvious Party of One, though, Pinkie can turn people off pretty fast. I know this from experience.
Legion

Postby AlicornBob » 08 May 2012 08:11

Kyoga wrote:you can't expect people to be into your hobby as much as you would like..

in my opinion, you should be thankful that you're not discriminated against for liking it.
one of my friends at the high school is getting harassed every day because of being a brony.
I decided not to mention my "bronyage" publicly, so noone locally knows, and I'm not harassed... but still. it's sad that people aren't tolerant of anything that (externally) looks girly or "homo".
Screw them and their hatred, but I'm really excited to move on and go to college.

SCHOLARSHIP. >:D

Very true. I guess I'm just being petty.

And good luck with SCHOLARSHIP >:D
AlicornBob

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic