Who have you introduced to the show?

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Who have you introduced to the show?

Postby [voodoopony] » 22 Jul 2011 15:50

I got two friends on the west coast into it, have a childhood friend who's now a brony and converted my two cousins and three of their neighborhood friends. Each one completely dissed the show and called me insane but they just sat and watched a few episodes with me and they were hooked. My aunt says I warped her kids because now they're combing the hair on their pony toys religiously XD
Warning: May cause rapid chest hair growth.
Youtube - Bandcamp
[voodoopony]

Re: Who have you introduced to the show?

Postby Circuitfry » 22 Jul 2011 18:51

Actually, my college friend and I found the show at the same time and watched the entire season over the weekend before discovering that we each other were bronies.

After telling BMDoubbleBass about it, he has gone to Nevada where he'll be playing a show for a crowd. Sounds like some serious ripple action.
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Postby Aussie » 22 Jul 2011 19:16

I've introduced two of my IRL friends to the wonders of friendship. One of them became a brony, the other thinks I'm a huge faggot. And I kept bothering one of my e-friends (frank) about MLP, and now he's watched the first season in it's entirety. :D
Aussie

Postby FoozogzPepperBrony » 22 Jul 2011 20:01

Umm a couple people said they became bronies after listening to my Ascot song. Does that count?
DAW: Ableton
HELLO, OLD FRIENDS~
FoozogzPepperBrony

Postby Interrobang Pie » 22 Jul 2011 20:10

Almost got MexicanSunflower into it. Well, I did, but he promptly ditched ponies and moved onto PPGZ (which hardly lives up to the original).

As for IRL friends, a select few are bronies, but not because of me.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby ClutterTrot » 22 Jul 2011 20:12

I knew about the show for while and was curious, but it wasn't until CR's "Pinkie Pie in 5 seconds" before I finally looked into the series.
ClutterTrot

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 22 Jul 2011 20:40

I'm openly Brony wherever I go (but especially on Facebook) and I recently discovered that I have in fact, converted a lot of my IRL friends into Bronies through my antics! :P Found out about another one last night when we went to see Harry Potter 7.5...
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby Kumquaticus » 22 Jul 2011 21:00

I've introduced my brother, and he's completely indifferent! Yay.

And I've also introduced one of my internet friends and they love it, but another one has been endlessly pestered with pony stuff by a different friend so much that they refuse to get anywhere near the series in any way shape or form. It's a shame, really.
Life is good. Life is short. Have some fun and enjoy it while it lasts.

My bandcamp
My SoundCloud
My Tumblr
Kumquaticus

Postby Versilaryan » 22 Jul 2011 22:00

I've gotten at least seven of my friends and three of my friend's friends into it. Two of my friends were already into it when I brought it up to them. Two of my closest friends are still resisting.

That's not counting the hordes of people online I've converted. =3 I used to be a moderator of a rather large forum, so I managed to get a lot of my old friends there into pony, and apparently, FiM is starting to take over the mod force. xD
Versilaryan

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 22 Jul 2011 22:52

I'm not secure enough to be an open Brony. So I have not gotten anyone involved ^^;. I in fact am a convert myself lol.
~Our resident Bagpipe Playing, too-much-bling wearing, Smirnoff drinking, Coca Cola addicted, rockstar-wannabe, Glam Brony.
-Stuck in the 80's since 1989
Projects lined up:
-CMC Baroque techno remix
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Postby Stars In Autumn » 23 Jul 2011 11:42

Of the six people I've told, one was already in the show and the rest make fun of me for it (in a friendly sort of way). But I'm not one to try and convince others to watch the show. "Hey man, you should watch this show. It's about FRIENDSHIP AND PONIES!"
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 23 Jul 2011 14:14

yeah, I'd rather not be a Johova's Witness type Brony lol. People should discover the magic of friendship for themselves xP
~Our resident Bagpipe Playing, too-much-bling wearing, Smirnoff drinking, Coca Cola addicted, rockstar-wannabe, Glam Brony.
-Stuck in the 80's since 1989
Projects lined up:
-CMC Baroque techno remix
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Postby Whitetail » 23 Jul 2011 14:45

http://pyritie.deviantart.com/

This guy linked it in mod chat on another website
I probably should've learned by then to stop following his links haha
Whitetail

Postby NightColt » 03 Aug 2011 22:06

I'm actually a very open brony- though I've only shown Dragonshy to a couple of friends - they're still in a state of shock over how they enjoyed commenting on the show and laughing on several occasions.

The more interesting story regards another friend's younger brother, who was so intrigued that he did a full research report on Bronydom for school. Emphasis on "younger"- this kid's gotta be like, 10 at the oldest. I haven't read the paper, though. :shock:
I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES.

THAT IS ALL.
NightColt

Postby ArtAttack » 04 Aug 2011 11:18

I've converted about half of my grade, actually XD There are a few haters, but they get overwhelmed. Most of the people aren't hardcore though, and have only watched like 5 episodes. Both of my best friends are fanatics like I am, we're scheduling a marathon soon.
Name: Sam
DAW: FL Studio 10
Genre: French Electro, Electro House, Complextro, Dubstep
Current Projects:
SECOND ALBUM
BALLOON PARTY: Tourniqakes
Lots of remixes omg
ArtAttack

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: idiot mark

Postby Diss Order » 04 Aug 2011 17:32

This guy: http://theartrix.deviantart.com

Friend of mine and he kept pestering me with it until I gave in... I still hate him for it. <_<
New aliases: Subhoofer, for online fandom stuffs. Name Not Required is for original stuff. :)

https://soundcloud.com/djnnr/lemons-2nd-preview
Diss Order

Postby bartekko » 07 Sep 2011 15:19

One Open-Minded Football-maniacking friend, and his nerdy-looking, rock loving, non-rock hating, son-of-a-doctor friend, who pretends to be hardcore is himself.
And my cousin
1st one does not mind watching ponies, even kind of likes them, yet to be converted (season two, here we come)
2nd one is/was (it is not confirmed lately) a hater, loling rotfling hard at my bronydom, recently stopped it
my cousin>no.1
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby Applejinx » 16 Sep 2011 13:03

For all my fuss and insecurity I care very little about what the outside world thinks of me, and have enough credentials to be as weird as I like- so I have introduced a recovery group in a nearby town (must see if they pick it up- they trust my judgement and there's a total Dashie, Rarity, Twi, me-AJ, and Pinkie so if even ONE of them has a look they will proverbially shit bricks. The Pinkie acts AND sounds like Pinkie :) )

I can top that- I am acquaintances with a few serious mix engineers (not that I'm one, I make stuff that they use) and have spotted a Rarity, a Dash and an Applejack among them. So I've asked directly if any of them are bronies, in the knowledge that some might become bronies when they get curious and check it out. Some of these guys, they have the right kind of innocence and refusal to be bound by conventions. It's kind of like how Adam Savage of Mythbusters is a big fan of cartoons already...
Applejinx

Postby AutomaticJack » 13 Jan 2012 04:51

I introudced my friend Juri to the show, but I don't think she has attained enlightenment enough to call herself Brony OR Pegasister... she only watches it with me. =P My brother and his girlfriend are Ponycurious, tho, so they're probably next. As far as being openly Brony in public, YOU BET YOUR SWEET FLIPPIN' MANE I AM!! =D
Pride can be wounded. Swagger is INVINCIBLE..
[The Factory] -- [The Showroom] -- [The Catalog]
DAW: FL Studio 11, Adobe Audition 1.5
Current Project: Too many to name!!! =P
AutomaticJack

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Master of all things Rhythmic

Postby MiuMiuChuu » 16 Jan 2012 21:43

My 6 year old cousin...

That doesn't count, does it? ._.

I introduced the show to my brother, since we both love animation made by Lauren, Rob, and most of the writers on board. He enjoys the show but can't have something he can link himself to. His reason is "I don't know, they're not human, it feels weird."
MiuMiuChuu

Cutie Mark: Weird kind

Postby Mundius » 17 Jan 2012 07:16

3 friends from school and an old childhood friend have been converted from the depths of our side of pure evil.

And Derpy Hooves (from the earlier post 2312 on this thread) brought me in.
Mundius

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby un1c0rn » 17 Jan 2012 12:53

My younger brother, and 2 close friends. My younger brother because he was making fun of me watching it so I watched a few good episodes in his presence while he was bored, initially he was like 'kids show'. Then after watching a few... wait is this a kids show?

When I saw him again a few weeks later we watched a s2 episode together after the download was available on itunes, mysterious mare do well iirc. But at his lan-party in august I was already following the show, and openly watched it with a few friends. Revenge on my little brother was sweet.
un1c0rn

Postby @ppleBukker » 17 Jan 2012 13:14

For me, I got a good high school friend of mine into it. I showed him one episode and he was talking about how awesome it was for the rest of the day.

There's been a few here and there that I've mentioned the show to that have gotten into it. Right now I'm trying to get a couple of my college friends to join the herd.

Soon... very soon...
DAWs: Ableton Live Intro 8, Madtracker II, FamiTracker II,FL Studio 12.5
Preferred Genres: Breakcore, DnB, Uplifting Trance, Punk/Grunge, Smooth Electronica
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/applebukker
Pony.fm: https://pony.fm/pplebukker
@ppleBukker

Primary: Ableton/FL Studio
Cutie Mark: 16th Note w/ Halo

Postby Mingus » 17 Jan 2012 18:34

I guess one of my close friends introduced me to it. At a party, he kept ranting about his girlfriend being a huge fan of MLP, and how he hated it. I didn't even know there existed TV shows for MLP then, haha. Watched the first two episodes on youtube out of curiosity, and was sort of like "okay, this is pretty good." Saw a video with Vinyl Scratch in it, and thought "hey, that looks cool!". Saw "Suited for Success", and then I became a Brony after seeing "Dog and Pony Show".

Found out one of my college friends is a brony, and now we're trying to get another friend to become one, haha.
Mingus = Echelon; too lazy to request a name change on here =P
A Soundcloud? Why not! | Youtube too!
Mingus

Postby North Kozar » 10 Mar 2012 03:07

After I got into the show myself, I slowly lulled my best friend to it, initially linking him to things talking about the bronies, not about the show. Then I explained the show a bit to him but he still seemed reluctant. After showing him a few videos and he didn't seem interested, I just dropped it, not wanting to annoy him. About a week later, he started texting me about the show and about episodes. He had started watching them and went through like eight or so his first day. I was pretty happy about that.

One of my closer internet friends I passively introduced to it. He's subbed to me on YouTube and kept getting assaulted with cake pony videos that I had liked/fav'd. Then one day he just started watching the show. He said it was because of all the videos I'd been liking and also in part because of the song I did.

I also have an interesting sorta social experiment that will take place. My senior quote in our yearbook is Pinkie Pie's "Well, if anyone needs me, I'll be outside in the chocolate puddles with a giant swizzle straw!" The experiment being seeing just how many of my friends/people either ask me about it, or end up looking into the show on their own.
I also managed to include another mention of ponies in the yearbook (I'm on the staff) and "over 9,000"
North Kozar

Next

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic