What do you call music made by Bronies?

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby CGEyeGuy » 15 Dec 2011 12:10

I have heard a lot of names, but the one my friends and I use is Brony Beats. I am just curious about what everyone else calls them.
Image
User avatar
CGEyeGuy
 
Posts: 268
Joined: 09 Dec 2011 22:13

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby X-Trav » 15 Dec 2011 12:48

I call it music.
Long time pianist and mediocrity extraordinaire.

Current Projects:
Manestream media
    EOE003
Call of The Crusaders
Album
User avatar
X-Trav
 
Posts: 185
Joined: 10 Aug 2011 21:11
Location: Florida

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby Versilaryan » 15 Dec 2011 12:57

X-Trav wrote:I call it music.

Quoted for truth.
User avatar
Versilaryan
 
Posts: 453
Joined: 03 Jul 2011 17:58

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby CGEyeGuy » 15 Dec 2011 13:55

Lol I am pretty sure what all the other responses will be now.
Image
User avatar
CGEyeGuy
 
Posts: 268
Joined: 09 Dec 2011 22:13

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby X-Trav » 15 Dec 2011 14:05

CGEyeGuy wrote:Lol I am pretty sure what all the other responses will be now.


I'd understand if we all sounded the same, but we don't. There are many, many genres of music represented here. It's just music, that just so happens to have something to do with ponies.
Long time pianist and mediocrity extraordinaire.

Current Projects:
Manestream media
    EOE003
Call of The Crusaders
Album
User avatar
X-Trav
 
Posts: 185
Joined: 10 Aug 2011 21:11
Location: Florida

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby bartekko » 15 Dec 2011 14:35

I am Image sure this is the best possible answer.
<damn, I 've been such a annoying troll recently.>

Almost no one in this community uses the term "genre" anymore. And giving all the brony music one name (that would replace the genre in ID3 tags, and our minds' tagging) is a complete miss of what it should be.

Brony music (as I rarely ever call it) Is too diverse to be packed all with one name, like wizard rock was (but honestly, I never heard of it before dj-pon3).
Brony Beats suggest that all music is upbeat, which is definitely not true.

I would write more, but everything that ever needed to be written has been written in the wizard rock and pony music discussion thread.
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
User avatar
bartekko
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: 14 Jul 2011 09:14
Location: Poland

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby Lethaargic » 15 Dec 2011 15:31

Brony music I guess. Why, you have a better name for it CGEyeGuy? Tell us if you do : )
art is the quintessential embodiment of telepathy, it is how we show each other the inside of our minds

Previously Spacepsy

SoundCloud
User avatar
Lethaargic
 
Posts: 210
Joined: 07 Jul 2011 13:15

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby Overkillius » 15 Dec 2011 15:48

I call it music. I guess you could call it pony music, that is the only other thing I have heard it called.
> Music Youtube! <
>>>> Tumblr! <<<<
Overkillius wrote:The bad thing about music... is that it is subjective.
The good thing about music... is that it is subjective!
User avatar
Overkillius
 
Posts: 290
Joined: 01 Jul 2011 11:10
Location: Atascocita, Texas
OS: Windows 7
Primary: Reaper, Famitracker
Cutie Mark: #9 Chords

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby Facade » 15 Dec 2011 15:54

music <---- that
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another


ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
User avatar
Facade
 
Posts: 2313
Joined: 22 Aug 2011 18:26
Location: Anywhere
OS: Windows 7
Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby bartekko » 15 Dec 2011 16:30

(I know what CGEyeGuy is thinking right now: "Okay, tell me that again because I might have missed the point: are you sure it's just "music" or "brony music"?" (yay double quotation marks)
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
User avatar
bartekko
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: 14 Jul 2011 09:14
Location: Poland

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby CGEyeGuy » 15 Dec 2011 17:04

Everyone! wrote:
X-Trav wrote:I call it music.
Versilaryan wrote:
X-Trav wrote:I call it music.

bartekko wrote:
Almost no one in this community uses the term "genre" anymore. And giving all the brony music one name (that would replace the genre in ID3 tags, and our minds' tagging) is a complete miss of what it should be.

Brony music (as I rarely ever call it) Is too diverse to be packed all with one name, like wizard rock was (but honestly, I never heard of it before dj-pon3).
Brony Beats suggest that all music is upbeat, which is definitely not true.

I would write more, but everything that ever needed to be written has been written in the wizard rock and pony music discussion thread.




Overkillius wrote:I call it music. I guess you could call it pony music, that is the only other thing I have heard it called.


Facade wrote:music <---- that


bartekko wrote:Brony Beats suggest that all music is upbeat, which is definitely not true.
That is very true, didn't really think of that.(Not only did I not think of that, but I wasn't really thinking when I posted this thread(24 hours without sleep makes me loopy lol)

bartekko wrote:(I know what CGEyeGuy is thinking right now: "Okay, tell me that again because I might have missed the point: are you sure it's just "music" or "brony music"?" (yay double quotation marks)
That pretty much sums up what I am thinking, lol.

Spacepsy wrote:Brony music I guess. Why, you have a better name for it CGEyeGuy? Tell us if you do : )

No, not really I was just wondering if people had their own different names.
Image
User avatar
CGEyeGuy
 
Posts: 268
Joined: 09 Dec 2011 22:13

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby Freewave » 16 Dec 2011 00:07

It makes sense that people in the community at some point pick something (something that fits and describes it well) before magazine comes along and make up a name that everyone hates (and it sticks with joe public). In that wizard rock thread we established REALLY quickly that ponycore/broniecore while occasionally used in some places is not a good term at all. Pony Music + Brony Music are both good terms although I also like MLP Music too. As people have pointed out its not really a music genre because it doesn't fit a particular sound or any type of a genre tree like other genres but is sure as hell is a vibrant scene.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Image
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
User avatar
Freewave
 
Posts: 3192
Joined: 29 Nov 2011 12:33
Location: Denver
OS: Windows 7
Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby StormWolf » 16 Dec 2011 03:19

Personally, I call it food
I mean, who doesn't love eating music made by bronies for dinner every night?
-StormWolf

YouTube | SoundCloud
User avatar
StormWolf
 
Posts: 145
Joined: 20 Oct 2011 23:32
Location: Australia

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby Interrobang Pie » 16 Dec 2011 04:35

Music, fanmusic, pony music...
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie
 
Posts: 687
Joined: 01 Jul 2011 14:49

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby Whitetail » 16 Dec 2011 12:29

I have a tendency to call my music Ponycore for a lack of a better name, but yeah - it's pretty simple, it's just Music, Music that happens to be about ponies - no real need to come up with a big distinguishing term there, it's just music.
Image
User avatar
Whitetail
 
Posts: 385
Joined: 29 Jun 2011 17:04

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby Overkillius » 16 Dec 2011 19:35

Derpy Hooves wrote:I have a tendency to call my music Ponycore for a lack of a better name, but yeah - it's pretty simple, it's just Music, Music that happens to be about ponies - no real need to come up with a big distinguishing term there, it's just music.


This is wise. There are no real classifying words linking the fandom's music together besides music and pony.

EDIT: I think I got this confused with another thread, terribly sorry. I took some things out of my post so it is only thread relevant stuff.
> Music Youtube! <
>>>> Tumblr! <<<<
Overkillius wrote:The bad thing about music... is that it is subjective.
The good thing about music... is that it is subjective!
User avatar
Overkillius
 
Posts: 290
Joined: 01 Jul 2011 11:10
Location: Atascocita, Texas
OS: Windows 7
Primary: Reaper, Famitracker
Cutie Mark: #9 Chords

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby PinkieGuy » 17 Dec 2011 05:45

To me, all my music is music. Almost all of my music is written from the idea of "I want to tell the story of <INSERT IDEA HERE>". It just so happens that all my pony music is telling the story of ponies. I can't see a divide between the two, apart from the people who listen to them, and how often I say the word foal.

If I had to use a term for brony music though it'd be just that: Brony Music. Alternatively, genre specific divisions: Dubtrot, Prance, Hoity Metal, etc.






Also,
StormWolf wrote:Personally, I call it food
I mean, who doesn't love eating music made by bronies for dinner every night?


I believe you'll find this relevant:
JackleApp wrote:THIS IS A HEINOUS ABUSE OF POWER BUT

YOUR MOD COMMANDS YOU
User avatar
PinkieGuy
 
Posts: 257
Joined: 10 Jul 2011 06:29
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby bartekko » 17 Dec 2011 05:49

PinkieGuy wrote:I believe you'll find this relevant:


achievement unlocked- moderate a moderator

(Pinkie Guy has put up a bad link, which I fixed and then he edited his message
Last edited by bartekko on 17 Dec 2011 06:20, edited 1 time in total.
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
User avatar
bartekko
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: 14 Jul 2011 09:14
Location: Poland

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby PinkieGuy » 17 Dec 2011 05:56

bartekko wrote:achievement unlocked- moderate a moderator


I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about at all bartekko.

<_< >_> <_<

Back on topic, I should mention that all of my metal music is first and foremost metalcore before it's pony, because so many of my lyrics are that vague anyway that it become a moot point.

Seriously, "This Night Of Ours" mentions celestia once, and otherwise it functions as a radio song. Ditto for "Eyes To See".
JackleApp wrote:THIS IS A HEINOUS ABUSE OF POWER BUT

YOUR MOD COMMANDS YOU
User avatar
PinkieGuy
 
Posts: 257
Joined: 10 Jul 2011 06:29
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby Freewave » 17 Dec 2011 09:36

PinkieGuy wrote:To me, all my music is music. Almost all of my music is written from the idea of "I want to tell the story of <INSERT IDEA HERE>". It just so happens that all my pony music is telling the story of ponies. I can't see a divide between the two, apart from the people who listen to them, and how often I say the word foal.

If I had to use a term for brony music though it'd be just that: Brony Music.


I think that's the best term. If it's overall about ponies and made by those fans, its Brony Music. Brony (made by Pony fans and their community)/Music (any type of music, no indicators). A lot of people don't use show samples or themes, the influence may be barely there but in the end its somewhat (even loosely) inspired by the show. Music genre wise there's no restrictions on what's made so there's no restriction in the title. :ugeek:
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Image
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
User avatar
Freewave
 
Posts: 3192
Joined: 29 Nov 2011 12:33
Location: Denver
OS: Windows 7
Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby Overkillius » 17 Dec 2011 20:06

PinkieGuy wrote:


Oh wait... it's not brony music.

ITS BROWNIE MUSIC
> Music Youtube! <
>>>> Tumblr! <<<<
Overkillius wrote:The bad thing about music... is that it is subjective.
The good thing about music... is that it is subjective!
User avatar
Overkillius
 
Posts: 290
Joined: 01 Jul 2011 11:10
Location: Atascocita, Texas
OS: Windows 7
Primary: Reaper, Famitracker
Cutie Mark: #9 Chords

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby Lethaargic » 18 Dec 2011 19:35

PinkieGuy wrote:


That sandwich looks so delicious, all pony songs are now delicious sandwiches
art is the quintessential embodiment of telepathy, it is how we show each other the inside of our minds

Previously Spacepsy

SoundCloud
User avatar
Lethaargic
 
Posts: 210
Joined: 07 Jul 2011 13:15

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby CGEyeGuy » 19 Dec 2011 09:16

PinkieGuy wrote:I believe you'll find this relevant:


This video has moved me, I will now be calling songs Sandwiches! :D
Image
User avatar
CGEyeGuy
 
Posts: 268
Joined: 09 Dec 2011 22:13

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby CGEyeGuy » 20 Dec 2011 04:34

What we got so far, lol

Definitions:
Salt and Pepper:Drums
Bass(fish):Bass
Bread:Mastering
Lettuce:Pad
Cheese:Vocals

butter, sour cream, tomato sauce(Other Liquids):Pads/Backing Tracks
Image
User avatar
CGEyeGuy
 
Posts: 268
Joined: 09 Dec 2011 22:13

Re: What do you call music made by Bronies?

Postby bartekko » 20 Dec 2011 07:14

Pinkie guy is now the first moderator to make the whole discussion go off topic.

CONGRATULATIONS
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
User avatar
bartekko
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: 14 Jul 2011 09:14
Location: Poland

Next

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest