So, I May Need A Little Catching Up

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

So, I May Need A Little Catching Up

Postby @ppleBukker » 04 Sep 2017 22:25

Wow, okay, so it's been a few years since I've been active here...

Long story short, I've been listening to pony music and enjoying it since 2011. Around that time, I made my first few songs and really got into the music side of them fandom around 2012. Well, 2013 and 2014 happened, which influenced me shying away from all things pony. Fast forward and here I am, today.

Getting to my point. I need some catching up. What's going on with the music side of the fandom? Heck, what's going on with the fandom in general? I noticed EqB closed down, which really bummed me out. As well, I noticed that Everfree Network bit the dust. From a quick glance, it doesn't seem like the activity is as buzzing here as it was when I took my long hiatus. Is there new places that everyone is meeting and chatting about music discussion? I'm just curious, because I'm bad about getting back into things when everyone else has moved on. So, I'll take whatever news anybody wants to give me. Anything and everything is appreciated.

Thanks, ya'll.
DAWs: Ableton Live Intro 8, Madtracker II, FamiTracker II,FL Studio 12.5
Preferred Genres: Breakcore, DnB, Uplifting Trance, Punk/Grunge, Smooth Electronica
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/applebukker
Pony.fm: https://pony.fm/pplebukker
@ppleBukker

Primary: Ableton/FL Studio
Cutie Mark: 16th Note w/ Halo

Re: So, I May Need A Little Catching Up

Postby ExoBassTix » 16 Sep 2017 14:02

Heya! While I definitely haven't attempted to be in the know about all going-ons in the brony music community (no less the brony scene in general), I can at least tell that Discord seems a popular spot to hang out for brony musicians. Ponies At Dawn, Ponies That Yawn and Pinkamena Party are going strong and Balloon Party has gone on indefinite and unannounced hiatus (which secretly saddens me a little, might I add). MLR, as you might've noticed, is in its archival days. EQBeats shut down and, if I recall correctly, had users migrate to PonyFM. To my knowledge there's still a lot of brony music being made and shared on YouTube, SoundCloud and the like; Cider Party still uploads regularly, for one.

That's about as far as my knowledge on current going-ons goes. It seems most got together in groups and kept small like I have, or I've been missing out.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby @ppleBukker » 23 Feb 2018 00:19

(Did I mention I'm bad about responding to stuff?)

Thanks for that update. As I have noticed, this place does seem to be in archival mode. That, as well, bums me out. Of course, all good things must pass by. That being said, there really wouldn't been anyone opposing me still posting to this site and keeping up with things, would they? I happen to run my own little pony music Discord server and I've thought about using this site for posting songs, making announcements for projects (such as our own little version of Toastbeard), and the like.
DAWs: Ableton Live Intro 8, Madtracker II, FamiTracker II,FL Studio 12.5
Preferred Genres: Breakcore, DnB, Uplifting Trance, Punk/Grunge, Smooth Electronica
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/applebukker
Pony.fm: https://pony.fm/pplebukker
@ppleBukker

Primary: Ableton/FL Studio
Cutie Mark: 16th Note w/ Halo

Postby ExoBassTix » 14 Mar 2018 05:59

Nobody would mind. It's just that your audience mostly consists of ghosts and bots around these parts. Good going that you're keeping the Toastbeard spirit alive though!
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Pulse Wave » 26 Mar 2018 05:00

@ppleBukker wrote:That being said, there really wouldn't been anyone opposing me still posting to this site and keeping up with things, would they?

Nah, not at all. Someone has to keep this place alive.

*should really drag ExoBassTix back here*
Old brony, older than old school.
Gear list, Jabber ID: see my profile.
No FL Studio, no VSTs. No Skype, no YouTube.

Sounds fly through the night, I follow Vın̈yl Scratch to Pony Wonderland.
Pulse Wave

OS: For music, you mean? Debian Buster + bits and pieces of KXStudio.
Primary: Hardware synths and samplers and sequencing and effects and mixing all the way. Plus Qtractor.
Cutie Mark: Green 33% width pulse wave

Postby ExoBassTix » 10 Jun 2018 03:10

Pulse Wave wrote:*should really drag ExoBassTix back here*

Yes, yes you should.

:D
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic