A Little Bit for Charity

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

A Little Bit for Charity

Postby Evil Eivind » 26 Nov 2014 15:58

Recently stumbled this neat little forum, and I'm hoping I'm posting this in the right sub-forum, and in the right way! Let me know if I'm doing something wrong though. Anyway...

A Little Bit for Charity is a creative charity project where indie bands and artists cover songs from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The songs are uploaded to our bandcamp, where people can download the songs and pay what they want—including choosing to not pay at all—and all the money goes directly to an animal-rights charity organization.

Our current charity is the Animal Welfare Institute. It’s a non-profit organization dedicated to reducing the detrimental effects human actions have on the well-being of animals. This includes working to improve the conditions of farm animals, preserving vegetation to benefit endangered species, and much more.

Our third and latest contribution comes from Animal Flag, an American indie rock band with some electronica undertones, who tackle Pinkie Pie's classic "The Laughter Song".

To download the song (and potentially donate), please go here. See just below for a YouTube stream. I hope y'all like it! Feel free to post feedback, comments, or even questions.

Last edited by Evil Eivind on 12 Dec 2014 06:05, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Eivind

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: A Little Bit for Charity: Animal Flag - "The Laughter So

Postby ph00tbag » 27 Nov 2014 15:58

You're the guy behind Society of Poor Academics, right? I've been digging your stuff for a while, and actually I've been following this project for a while. I think I actually featured Jay Stansfield's Ballad of the Crystal Empire cover a while back on FiMMusic. There's some good stuff going on here, guys. Definitely check it out.

Welcome to the forum! We hope you stick around.

Edit: Also, moving this since I think it makes a little more sense in this forum.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Primary: FL Studio

Re: A Little Bit for Charity: Animal Flag - "The Laughter So

Postby Evil Eivind » 28 Nov 2014 11:13

Hi ph00tbag, and thank you the assistance, the positive response, and the warm welcome! The features on FiMM have been much appreciated, too. The overlap between bronies and indie/alternative music fans might not be the biggest, but we hope some of you still enjoy our efforts.

And yup, this is indeed the guy of the Society of Poor Academics "fame". (There's a kind of, sort of project page for that available over here, for those interested.)
Evil Eivind

Owen Duff - "You'll Play Your Part"

Postby Evil Eivind » 12 Dec 2014 06:13

Our fourth song is now online: "You'll Play Your Part" by London-based singer-songwriter Owen Duff.

As always, it can be downloaded and streamed for free from our Bandcamp page. Any proceeds will go directly to our charity, the Animal Welfare Institute.

Evil Eivind

Re: A Little Bit for Charity

Postby Injustrial » 12 Dec 2014 16:11

That was pretty damn good. Some de-essing could probably have been welcome on the vocals, but altogether a nice, down to earth take on the song. Definitely worth checking out

Also: NORGE!
Injustrial

Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Postby ph00tbag » 13 Dec 2014 10:35

Damn, that one reminds me of some classic rock tunes from the 70's. I dig the creative license taken with the rhythm and melody.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Postby Evil Eivind » 15 Dec 2014 20:49

Thank you for the positive feedback!

For those who use Facebook, we also have a Facebook page over here. We'll try to post the latest news there (which probably won't be too frequent). We also hope to ask all our future artists what friendship means to them, and posting their answers there.

Oh, and Injustrial: Eidsvoll, 17. mai, vikinger, olje, og alt det andre typiske norske!
Evil Eivind

Byron Siren - "The Cupcake Song"

Postby Evil Eivind » 04 Jan 2015 09:54

Happy New Year! Our fifth song is has now been released: "The Cupcake Song" as performed by Australian-based (Melbourne, to be precise) indie folk artist Byron Siren.

As always, it can be downloaded and streamed for free from our Bandcamp page. Any proceeds will go directly to our charity, the Animal Welfare Institute.

Evil Eivind

Nick + Noah - "Smile Song"

Postby Evil Eivind » 05 Mar 2015 07:19

The release for our scheduled February song was a bit more tumultuous than anticipated, due to me travelling from Oslo to Stockholm and having shakier internet access than anticipated. That aside, our sixth tune is now online and it's another Pinkie Pie classic: "Smile Song" by Nick + Noah.

This time our contributing artists went above and beyond, impressing us by taking the initiative to do a proper music video, complete with pony merch! Please see the video below.

Evil Eivind

Anthony Garcia Gragnano - "Pony Pokey"

Postby Evil Eivind » 29 Apr 2015 06:14

After taking a month off we are back in style to present to you yet another Pinkie Pie classic, namely the hoof-stomping party-starter "Pony Pokey" as interpreted by lo-fi indie folk artist Anthony Garcia Gragnano – guaranteed to get those booties shaking on the dance floor!

Evil Eivind

10 songs!

Postby Evil Eivind » 15 Jul 2015 12:36

Time sure does fly! Since last I posted here, we have released three new tracks, and with the latest one we reached our double digit 10th song milestone! The new songs are as follows:

Applejack's Lullaby by Animal Science

Let The Rainbow Remind You by Laura Greaves

Behold, Princess Twilight Sparkle by Balloon Ride Fantasy

As before, any payments through our Bandcamp page go directly to the Animal Welfare Institute. But you can both stream and download the songs for free.
Evil Eivind

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic