New and Latest Episode Thread

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Re: New and Latest Episode Thread

Postby ClaviSound » 23 Nov 2013 10:33

IT'S A HARMONY BOX

THAT'S ALL LOCKED UP WITH LOCKS

AND BURIED DEEP AWAY

But I do agree that parts of the premiere were rushed a bit; which just leads more weight to the idea that maybe this should have been the movie rather than Equestria Girls.

Also, you cannot believe my mild irritation at the fact that Twilight performed the Fimboom after everything was resolved. That's Rainbow Dash's steez Twilight, stop bitin' and get your own tricks.

I still think it's cool that they kept the writing on the edge of dark content, particularly the cliffhanger between the two-parter. Although, when it turns out to be a bit more harmless than it first looks, it makes me want to say "oh you silly writers, fooling us with your wacky shenanigans!"

Lots of new headcanon's going to come out of this one, though. It'll be interesting to see what direction fanon takes.
aka Scott Hopkins aka Swerve Keystyle aka Equestrian Threat: https://www.youtube.com/c/EquestrianThreat

I can't type cursive, so I don't know what's supposed to go in my signature.

Don't quote me.
ClaviSound

Primary: Audacity cuz sweg, Ableton
Cutie Mark: N/A

Postby simonli2575 » 23 Nov 2013 10:39

itroitnyah wrote:Haha, whaaaaaaat Twi's friends abandoned her in a part of episode two. It's kind of frustrating how the episode writers rushed it so quickly. Twi's in trouble and the others are a ways away? Suddenly they're right there and the problem is over in a matter of seconds. This really bugs me, because they're trying to shove so much stuff in such little time. Overall it was OK. Season 2 still reigns as best season.

Yup, it has "RUSHED" written everywhere.
It's funny how Twilight thinks she has to protect Equestria while let her friends find the source of the disease, knowing that being in the Everfree Forest is more dangerous than being in Ponyville. If only they had made this a 3-parter or a 4-parter, so the more important scenes could have been shown more.
http://soundcloud.com/simonli2575
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
Software: FL Studio, Z3ta+2 & Massive
Hardware: Roland 800-Pro and a computer
Genres: Drum 'n' Bass and occasionally Jungle
Genres I want to try out: Dubstep, Breakcore, Hardstyle and Trap
Alycs made my new avatar. \o/
simonli2575

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Why are you staring at my ass

Postby Ben » 23 Nov 2013 11:29

10/10
john cena fRuity pebbles
Expect to read & view opinions on ponys , music & pop culture all with my raw, uncut & cynical sense of humor. I.E. the Deadpool of the horse fandom .

My Tumblr:http://soultensionb.tumblr.com/
My skype:bejaminz410
My Genitalia:http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJQjrVr8sQwDFlVYOE6MmVg
Ben

Postby Tsyolin » 23 Nov 2013 17:44

I was thoroughly pleased.
Tsyolin

Primary: Studio One
Cutie Mark: I don't even know anymore

Postby Injustrial » 23 Nov 2013 19:59

I liked them a lot. Yes, the problem was fixed very quickly at the end, but the buildup and pacing before was pretty darn good. And the questions raised and the overarching plotline that's been sketched out is VERY interesting to. I'm looking forward to this season a lot more than I did season three, and I was hyped as hell for S3!

*Rubs hands*
Injustrial

Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Postby ph00tbag » 23 Nov 2013 20:23

Actually, I don't think it was particularly rushed. In fact, aside from some fits and starts at the beginning, it was paced pretty well. They even bothered to explain where Twilight got her sudden epiphany about placing the Elements back in the Tree--something that quite frustratingly was absent from MMC.

Also, the racism when Rainbow Dash mentioned Discords cloven hoof. I was rolling.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby itroitnyah » 23 Nov 2013 23:19

I sorta feel it was rushed because it's like "Oh, ask Zecora. Oh, would you look at that, she has a potion that just magically allows twilight to visit the past. Twilight's being attacked by these evil fly trap things? Within a few seconds the rest of the mane 6 show up and destroy the plants". Overall though, we'll see how the rest of the season goes. Pretty excited to see what they come up with.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby Gray Ham » 23 Nov 2013 23:25

The whole "let's split up with Twilight again because that has always worked well in a crisis" felt like filler, but I thought the pacing was much better than last season.
currently on a hiatus from actively making music due to school

ImageImage
What's soaking wet and clueless?
Gray Ham

Primary: ACID
Cutie Mark: A Trumpet

Postby Jokeblue » 24 Nov 2013 08:38

I'm watching the eps now. Will collaborate thoughts as I go. Consider this a 'Jokeblue reacts', if you will.

Spoiler Spoilers cos obviously there may be spoilers:
- Pinkie is still pinkie. Hurray.
- Flutters is still totes adorbs
- I love the light effects :3
- TWILIGHT'S HORN LOOKS LONGER. IS IT LONGER? IT LOOKS LONGER.
- Is Spike still a slave, uh, an indentured servant?
- It's pretty nice to see legitimate show animation after so long of surviving off of fan animation.
- Rarity! Stop trying to be best pony! I can only change my mind so often!
- I'm actually really enjoying the fact that Twi is an Alicorn now. It feels right.
- Applejack can't rip out the small weeds, but can destroy a massive root by forcing a window closed slowly? Okay.
- Half day, half night? ...twilight? :O
- DISCORD YAY!
- Discord scene was really drawn out, he stalls too much. But doesn't matter because YAY ZECORA! Kinda stupid how she conveniently has a potion only Alicorns can activate.
- Sombra magic! I likey! Is it the power that corrupts? Powerful magic, magic comes from knowledge, knowledge gives power and power corrupts. Could this magic corrupt her or the others in the long run, possibly like Sombra? Headcanons, headcanons...
- OMG THIS LUNA SCENE. So glad to be gettin more Luna. After seeing that little storyboard animation teaser thing a while ago I was really worried that the nightmare moon thing would be during the present timeline. I didnt want Luna to go evil again. It seemed like a very possible story arc though, and I reckon it would have been tough to handle well as you have the three princess dynamic, Elements of harmony being moved to main 6, and, Celestia already having banished her and forgiven her already once (and im pretty sure really regretting it, too) it would have been really hard on Celestia to have to do that again. Not that i'd rather it be a flashback. Flashbacks are kinda cheap. It would have been a risky but also awe striking and emotional way to start the series if it were taking place real time.
- Luna almost quoted a song i'm writing from her perspective about that exact scene. Nice. and Celestia quoted the song title!
- That transformation scene was really, really well done.
- The thought that Luna was also (potentially) going for kill shots on her own sister in the flashback is pretty dark. Really takes away from the whole kid side of the show when you see one sister try to kill the other.
- NO NO NO THEY CANT DO THAT NO. The battle between Celestia and Luna was so short! That screws with the headcanon that the fight should have lasted for much longer and Luna have done so much worse for Celestia to banish her for a thousand years! A thousand years isn't worth that! Banishment that drastic should have been a last resort in case the constant night started screwing with natures order and affected ponies drastically, as well as if Luna had been causing widespread chaos and destruction. Grrr... It doesnt seem right to me. I know they have a time limit to fit and theres only so much they can show in a certain time frame, but grrr.....
- Anyway, that chase scene reminded me of playing League of Legends, and being hunted down while on low health by the enemy team or enemy tank.
- More Flashback, here we go...
- Oh hey! Discord!
- I'm loving this scene :3 However once again it screws with up a massive headcanon that I had for the backstory. Oh well. I may write it up as a fanfic sometime. I like my version more hahaha
- Is no one going to ask Discord "Whats with the 3d glasses"? *Waits too see if anyone gets reference*
- Applejack should be more enthusiastic about saving that tree. I thought she liked tree's. *coughbloombergcough*
- Thought Discord was going to say "I'm going to need new pants". Curse you internet, what have you done to me...
- Hah! A 'Rockodile' :3
- Real reason Applejack want Twi to leave? She wants to get some pone spotlight. It's all an elaborate ruse so that Applejack can be the main pony! She will be a seen as a background pony no longer! With Twilight out of the way, Applejack can finally become the main pony, and lead the other's to victory as the centre of attention! #zoidberg
- Discord is best pony.
- The bottom of Twilights staff that discord conjured is the same as the doomsday button on the timelock in Doctor Who 50th anniversary xD
- Applejack jumps straight at the tree in an attempt to save it. [i]"Finally, Zoidberg has a chance to be best pony!"
- Rockin background tunes for Dashie aaawww yea!
- Rarity! Stop! No! Stop being best pony! AGH!
- Yeah, you guys are right. The separation and then togetherness thing was too quick. Would have been better if you saw the others rushing into save her, and getting there just in the nick of time, rather than suddenly appearing from nowhere.
- Everyone else is clever and ties up the attacking tree (that sounds weird), but as soon as Twi can she uses lethal force? I told you bout that corrupting magic, bro. I told you.
- Applejack is really getting a lot of spotlight in this...
- Say goodbye to yo bling, foo's.
- Thats right, stand still and do jack didlly squat as Twilight gets crushed by giant thorny vine.
- Discord! Luna! Celestia! Yay!!
- Is that Zyra's seedpod? Nop...
- Celestia speaks too much as if her voice actor is reading it straight from a peice of paper, rather than in a kind of flowing, natural way. I unno. just doesnt sound normal or fitting for the scene.
- More Flashback. Discord induced though! Ok, so what im getting from this is, Discord planted the Everfree forest, and it grew up around where Celestia and Luna's old Castle was. Which I assume would have been the capitol before Luna was banished. After Luna was banished, maybe there was extensive destruction to the area, the everfree was taking over, and Celestia couldnt deal with being in the same place after what had happened, so they moved the capitol? Headcanon accepted.
- Discord, you're too good.
- YAY LYRA!
- Oh, and twilightboom. WAIT WHAT.
- WHAT.
- WHAAAAT?!
- TWI GET'S HER OWN FORM OF RAINBOOM AFTER SUCKING AT FLYING FOR THE WHOLE EPISODE? This is like when she could suddenly spiral out of canterlot in the season 3 finale. Nope. not accepting.
- Also, that's kind of... selfish? I get that she's a new princess and it's important and all for the three of them to do princess stuff, but the celebration went from being about and for Luna, to being about HEY LOOK TWILIGHT JUST DID SOME AWESOME SHIT RIGHT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE WOO HELL YEAH AWESOME WOOO MAIN CHARACTER REPRESENT ._.

Anyway, episode over. Really enjoyed it, but at times felt like it was solely being done to teach Twi a lesson, not because it had to be done. Even after Celestia and Luna were saved, it was still like that. Glad that there was atleast some history thrown into it all though to explain stuff. I like that.

Wonder if any of you were actually bothered to read through my thoughts/commentary :3
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby ArisingFlame » 24 Nov 2013 09:02

lol. I actually did and I have to agree with you on most everything. Especially
Jokeblue wrote:
- Pinkie is still pinkie. Hurray.
- Flutters is still totes adorbs
- I love the light effects :3
- Rarity! Stop trying to be best pony! I can only change my mind so often!
- I'm actually really enjoying the fact that Twi is an Alicorn now. It feels right.
- OMG THIS LUNA SCENE. So glad to be gettin more Luna. After seeing that little storyboard animation teaser thing a while ago I was really worried that the nightmare moon thing would be during the present timeline. I didnt want Luna to go evil again. It seemed like a very possible story arc though, and I reckon it would have been tough to handle well as you have the three princess dynamic, Elements of harmony being moved to main 6, and, Celestia already having banished her and forgiven her already once (and im pretty sure really regretting it, too) it would have been really hard on Celestia to have to do that again. Not that i'd rather it be a flashback. Flashbacks are kinda cheap. It would have been a risky but also awe striking and emotional way to start the series if it were taking place real time.
- The thought that Luna was also (potentially) going for kill shots on her own sister in the flashback is pretty dark. Really takes away from the whole kid side of the show when you see one sister try to kill the other.
- NO NO NO THEY CANT DO THAT NO. The battle between Celestia and Luna was so short! That screws with the headcanon that the fight should have lasted for much longer and Luna have done so much worse for Celestia to banish her for a thousand years! A thousand years isn't worth that! Banishment that drastic should have been a last resort in case the constant night started screwing with natures order and affected ponies drastically, as well as if Luna had been causing widespread chaos and destruction. Grrr... It doesnt seem right to me. I know they have a time limit to fit and theres only so much they can show in a certain time frame, but grrr.....
- Hah! A 'Rockodile' :3
- Discord is best pony.
- Rarity! Stop! No! Stop being best pony! AGH!
- Yeah, you guys are right. The separation and then togetherness thing was too quick. Would have been better if you saw the others rushing into save her, and getting there just in the nick of time, rather than suddenly appearing from nowhere.
- Applejack is really getting a lot of spotlight in this...
- Say goodbye to yo bling, foo's.
- Celestia speaks too much as if her voice actor is reading it straight from a piece of paper, rather than in a kind of flowing, natural way. I dunno. just doesn't sound normal or fitting for the scene.
- More Flashback. Discord induced though! Ok, so what im getting from this is, Discord planted the Everfree forest, and it grew up around where Celestia and Luna's old Castle was. Which I assume would have been the capitol before Luna was banished. After Luna was banished, maybe there was extensive destruction to the area, the everfree was taking over, and Celestia couldnt deal with being in the same place after what had happened, so they moved the capitol? Headcanon accepted.
- Discord, you're too good.
- YAY LYRA!
- Oh, and twilightboom. WAIT WHAT.
- WHAT.
- WHAAAAT?!
- TWI GET'S HER OWN FORM OF RAINBOOM AFTER SUCKING AT FLYING FOR THE WHOLE EPISODE? This is like when she could suddenly spiral out of canterlot in the season 3 finale. Nope. not accepting.
- Also, that's kind of... selfish? I get that she's a new princess and it's important and all for the three of them to do princess stuff, but the celebration went from being about and for Luna, to being about HEY LOOK TWILIGHT JUST DID SOME AWESOME SHIT RIGHT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE WOO HELL YEAH AWESOME WOOO MAIN CHARACTER REPRESENT ._.

Spoiler Spoiler inducing spoiler tags:
Really though. WTT is with the Twi-Boom? Out of the entire episode, this bothered me the most.
I was really glad to see it taking somewhat of a darker turn, to be honest. Also, Twilight realizing that she is no longer Twilight but Princess Twilight and that duty scares her. I like that. Celestia, Luna, and Cadence all are like "Yeah I'm royalty, what of it?" but Twilight is going into this really humble, BUT when she has to, (Like in the episode) weather she likes it or not, she steps up. I really like that.
Also RARITY STOP TRYING TO TAKE MY ATTENTION AWAY FROM RAINBOW DASH DAMMIT. I FEEL LIKE I'M CHEATING HERE.
My first (and so far, only) pony track!
https://soundcloud.com/dj-broken-top/my-little-pony-i-have-to

I'm always open to do vocals for peoples! Sing/scream/rap, whatever it may be, I'm open!
My Solo Soundcloud - My Electronic Solo Soundcloud - My EDM Group's Soundcloud
ArisingFlame

Cutie Mark: My Beard

Postby simonli2575 » 24 Nov 2013 09:13

Jokeblue wrote:

Heheh... :roll:
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
simonli2575

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 25 Nov 2013 04:22

I really liked that Celestia And Luna's personalities were fleshed out some more. It always bothered me how little we'd get to see exhibited about their personalities.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 25 Nov 2013 04:37

'Was okay.
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby Jokeblue » 25 Nov 2013 07:49

eery wrote:idk...some of the things felt cool, but a lot of stuff, like pinkie just felt forced and more like the characters had to play their niche for the sake of it. Like when they were finding books or whatever, and she was like "I found it" or some shit, then she's just colouring. Like, that isn't even a joke, thats just xDRANDOMxD.

I did like it though, for instance when Rarity's magic was all befuzzled, I enjoyed how she was more like "This isn't really okay" rather than being all dramatic and all, which is what you'd expect. Like her reaction was close to that of apathy, which, I dunno, it felt like a side to her that felt genuine and fitting, while not over the top "Oh, that rarity" compared to the last example.

I'm hype for this shit though, way more than after season 3 premiere.

All of this I totally agree with. Pinkie wasn't being portrayed as her own character, a lot of the time what she did or said was really forced like the writers were just treating her as generic comic relief insert. Dash felt kind of like a generic Rainbow Dash Insert at times too, but every now and then you could see that she'd grown and changed from. Same as Fluttershy. (not covering Twi because her change is pretty much the central aspect of the show)

Rarity was brilliant (most of the time). I loved how she wasn't a snooty bitch an overt (and slightly self centered) drama queen like she used to be. Her character has really grown and fleshed out from what she used to be through her position as Element of Generosity. There's been so much development in terms of her character and I reckon it shows. Like what you're saying with the thorns scene, I thought it was a much better way to handle it rather than just going "Okay, we need to show Rarity's reaction to the vines, uuh... Screw it let's just make her scream and flail around again".

One thing about Rarity's role in the premier is that she kind of doesn't let go of the whole Princess Twilight thing and is always the one excitedly reminding everyone that "omg twi's an alicorn princess eeee!". Though, all that's kind of understandable considering she was probably the kind of girl who'd always dream about being a princess.

I don't even know what was going on with Applejack though. I'm genuinely starting to beleive that throughout the two episodes she was like Zoidberg and was trying her hardest to get herself more attention and spotlight (especially when sending Twi home ;D). It's as if she already knows people are calling her a background pony and rejecting her as best pony and she's trying to hold everyone up and go "Hey wait just hear me out for a second guys look see I can do things too oh please dont forget about me" xD

ArisingFlame wrote:
Spoiler Spoiler inducing spoiler tags:
Really though. WTT is with the Twi-Boom? Out of the entire episode, this bothered me the most.

Maybe it was a side effect of the potion Zecora gave her? A while after drinking it, Twilight suddenly exploded and died forever.

THUS GIVING ZOIDBERG APPLEJACK THE ROLE OF MAIN PONY!

ArisingFlame wrote:Also RARITY STOP TRYING TO TAKE MY ATTENTION AWAY FROM RAINBOW DASH DAMMIT. I FEEL LIKE I'M CHEATING HERE.
I'm really starting to feel the need to scream "Rarity is best pony" at people now. It's like she's attacking every pony that's at the top of my "Possible best pony" List with a battle-axe of deadly doom, and climbing up on top of their tattered corpses to reach the summit and claim her rightful position as heir to the throne of best pony.

Jokeblue

Postby ph00tbag » 25 Nov 2013 15:17

Jokeblue wrote:One thing about Rarity's role in the premier is that she kind of doesn't let go of the whole Princess Twilight thing and is always the one excitedly reminding everyone that "omg twi's an alicorn princess eeee!". Though, all that's kind of understandable considering she was probably the kind of girl who'd always dream about being a princess.

I think the last sentence is why even that felt totally natural. Rarity was definitely projecting her own fantasies onto everypony else when she was talking about every filly's dream being to be a princess. And y'know what, it totally makes sense that Rarity's fillyhood fantasies would have involved princesses and alicorn wings, and magic castles. She would certainly also subconsciously be inclined to live out those fantasies vicariously through Twilight.

Incidentally, that's a potential for a Rarity plot device. Not necessarily so specific, but just reminding Rarity that she must take pride in her own accomplishments, rather than push others to accomplish things they don't want to do, because in the latter case, neither party will end up with much to be proud of themselves.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Postby Jokeblue » 27 Nov 2013 07:22

Aaaaand episode 3 is live!

...Well, Leaked. What is it, 2, 3 days early? Doesn't matter, I'm enjoying it so far. Though it is kind of endorsing the clichés quite a bit.. I changed my mind. It endorsed all the clichés it possibly could have in that particular story, which means I totally guessed the ending. Well, I guessed a similar ending but not that particularly.

But just because I found it really cliché doesn't mean I didnt enjoy it. I thought it was a good episode, and still good for something that's been done to death.

Spoiler Episode link:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17oqyw

Will maybe do a thing tomorrow

Jokeblue

Postby itroitnyah » 27 Nov 2013 08:55

Jokeblue wrote:Aaaaand episode 3 is live!

...Well, Leaked.

Spoiler my opinion of the episode:
Filled with cliches, although the type of cliches that are like "Wow, they hit another trap", and not like "Oh, here comes the floor fall". The cliches were there but well placed so that the only part you could really guess was the ending when they found pinkie playing the organ. Everything else you could have guessed but the guesses would have been really broad. The episode wasn't rushed either! Woo! Or, not enough for me to really notice.

Also, Dash kissed AJ lel Image totl pruf of shiping canon.

Which reminds me, quite a few people apparently believe that the show writers and animators are starting to appeal to cloppers. In the season premiere there are parts that can be taken suggestively if you have a dirty mind, I suppose. There are also a few in this episode that can be taken suggestively if you have a dirty mind (such as the image above. And there are more scenes too, such as this scene and this scene. Frankly, I don't know. But it's possible that they're adding small scenes to appeal to an adult audience.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Postby simonli2575 » 27 Nov 2013 13:08

Episode 3's leaked?
EPISODE 3 CONFIRMED.
Runs off to watch episode 3
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
simonli2575

Postby ExoBassTix » 27 Nov 2013 15:18

They did use the wilhelm scream AGAIN, and another scream that I dunno the name of (if it has one).
I found that annoying as all hell. But once again, that was the worst. Rest was all awesome I guess.

My friend who I watched it with was like "Merlij. Hey Merlijn. Don't be so analytic :U"
I lol'd
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Gray Ham » 30 Nov 2013 10:02

I want to make love to that episode.

EDIT: Y'know, being a Rarity fan.
And although Pinkie was easy to guess, her explaining the story while playing the organ was hilarious.
currently on a hiatus from actively making music due to school

ImageImage
What's soaking wet and clueless?
Gray Ham

Primary: ACID
Cutie Mark: A Trumpet

Postby ExoBassTix » 01 Dec 2013 15:10

eery wrote:
ExoBassTix wrote:They did use the wilhelm scream AGAIN, and another scream that I dunno the name of (if it has one).
I found that annoying as all hell. But once again, that was the worst. Rest was all awesome I guess.

Its a joke like how you use the airhorn. go away.

Pardon? Let me have my own likes and dislikes and you keep yours please? My god.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Wisp » 02 Dec 2013 12:15

I thought episode 3 was pretty good. While it didn't go very far with the characters or storyline, I just love how they are doing this season long story arc thing. I feel like we've already seen Applejack and Rainbow Dash fight about who the toughest pony is, so that wasn't anything new. It was fun to see Fluttershy and Rarity get to do more stuff together. Nothing really interesting happened with Twilight and Spike, which was a bit of a let down for me. To be honest, it was kind of predictable that Pinkie was the one playing the organ, since she was the only one of the mane six not with them. Overall, I enjoyed it and now I'm really curious to see who/what that thing in the shadows is.
Back to episode 1 & 2, though. I think those episodes were my second favorite MLP episodes ever, after sleepless in ponyville. While other people say it was rushed, I honestly felt like it kept a good pacing the whole time. There was no time where I was like "wait wait slow down". The flashbacks were amazing, particularly the nightmare moon one. Great story and pretty good humor. Overall, I just felt like this episode was extremely well done.
I love this season so far and I can't wait to see where they go with this story arc! :D
Wisp

Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: House, chill, dnb

Postby Wisp » 02 Dec 2013 12:48

eery wrote:I disagree on the pacing on the first one or two or whatever. I felt the end, when twilights friends was like "no, we see you as a princess, not as a person now" moment, where she goes like back, I felt that was rushed. Like it was like go back to ponyville, talk to discord, go back. It felt like a moment they didnt really put much into, compared to what they could have done.

I may have to go back watch the episode for a third time, but I didn't feel like this scene was particularly rushed. Sure, they probably could have done a lot more with it, but I'm glad they put that time into other more important scenes in the episode instead.
Wisp

Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: House, chill, dnb

Postby ph00tbag » 02 Dec 2013 15:11

Actually, in retrospect, it would have been really neat to see Rainbow Dash and Rarity paired with AJ and Flutters in the other pair, because those pairs never seem to ever interact on the show outside of incidentals. And if they could have gotten to spend time together, it would have done a lot more to flesh out how they relate to each other.

Oh well, maybe there's more in store down the road.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Postby Navron » 03 Dec 2013 04:17

I haven't been around to experience all the hype surrounding season 4. I had absolutely no synopsis, rumors, nor leaked episodes to hype me up. Kind of comes with being on deployment I guess.

Anyway, last night I went into season 4 completely blind, and I thought it was absolutely amazing.

The animators keep getting better with each season, although unlike season 3 which featured a more technical improvement with shadowing that was easy to pick out, season 4 features some subtle improvements, such as more accurate Depth of Field effects, color correction, and maybe even manually created color bleeding effects in certain scenes. I'm also catching more subtle animations such as follow-through.

The scenes where Twilight views the past were pretty cool.
- Drink a sip of potion.
- See crazy s***.
- Friends see you crying and whimpering.
Yup, Twilight basically drank LSD.

I have a good feeling Season 4 may end up being even better than Season 2.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

PreviousNext

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic