comp not detecting mic through AI

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

comp not detecting mic through AI

Postby itroitnyah » 06 May 2013 16:05

Heya guys, I'm using the focusrite scarlett 2i2, and when I plugged in my condenser mic to try and record in audacity, it wouldn't let me because the input device doesn't seem to be working properly. I've installed the latest drivers for the interface, I've turned on phantom power, I have the settings set to have the interface as my default for both the recording devices and playback, as well as turning the gain up, I've tried it with skype, I've tried it with the windows sound recorder, nothing seems to want to record for me. When I insert the XLR cord into the interface, the LED around the gain knob flashes (it flashes red). The worse part is that I've recorded with the interface and mic before on the family computer, so I feel like I'm forgetting a step in getting it to work.

Any advice on how to fix this problem?
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: comp not detecting mic through AI

Postby the4thImpulse » 06 May 2013 16:24

It sounds like your doing everything right, i don't jnow what to say. My best advice is to keep trying and restart your computer, computers can be fickle things.
the4thImpulse

Primary: Ableton Live 8

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 06 May 2013 17:23

Have you tried it on input 2? Also may want to check the XLR cable isn't duffed up by swapping that out, then check the interface io with either a 1/4 inch jack in connected to something, any kind of audio input, or another mic, try the interface in another USB port/computer.
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.

Postby itroitnyah » 06 May 2013 17:42

Alright, I had to shut down my computer because it was glitching out and really not cooperating, and when I turned it back on I tried to record again and it allowed me to. Problem solved, lol.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Return to Technique