Eurobeat Brony

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Re: Eurobeat Brony

Postby Legion » 17 May 2012 11:23

Kyoga wrote:=/ that sucks!

I brought it down upon myself, honestly.

But I'll whine about it anyways.
Legion

Postby Gray Ham » 19 May 2012 02:36

This thread is an example of why Kyoga has so many posts.
currently on a hiatus from actively making music due to school

ImageImage
What's soaking wet and clueless?
Gray Ham

Primary: ACID
Cutie Mark: A Trumpet

Postby bartekko » 19 May 2012 04:23

^ This post is another example of why kyoga has so many posts.
What is this place, filled with so many kyogas...
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby Raddons » 26 Jun 2012 13:55

Uh... does anyone happen to have any of the files provided before? None of the links currently work :oops:
Raddons

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby KillerAmp » 28 Jun 2012 11:12

yeah not sure what happened but i dont see stormwolf's post of those files he promised "asap" ( ;_; ) and i think the thread just died :<
KillerAmp

Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: Feels

Postby StormWolf » 07 Jul 2012 03:02

Kyoga wrote:I assume it's one of those sounds you learn once, then use over and over again through your songs.

Traditionally, and Eurobeat brony-wise, kinda yes
But in more modern Japanese Eurobeat, the sounds of the sawtooth leads (I wouldn't even call em sawtooth leads anymore because if how much they can be changed, if I wasn't so used to it) can very quite a lot!
In fact, Eurobeat as a genre doesn't even need that classic lead to still be considered Eurobeat nowadays!
-StormWolf

YouTube | SoundCloud
StormWolf

Postby EquinoxEurobeat » 18 Jul 2012 16:50

Your synth brass does not have to sound like Odyssey's. It sounds good, but so does diversity. Many people use Nexus synth brass presets in their music. Just find something that sounds sawtoothy/brassy and it generally works. Experiment with TONS of different types of synth brass sounds. Try to create your own unique flavor. Of course you probably shouldn't listen to me since I'm just some kid with pretty much no experience on the internet.
EquinoxEurobeat

Postby Anorax » 22 Jul 2012 18:41

EquinoxEurobeat wrote:Of course you probably shouldn't listen to me since I'm just some kid with pretty much no experience on the internet.

This may be true, but as the evident stands (AKAthis song of yours), you seem to have experience with Eurobeat. Quite a bit, unless you got very lucky and/or are very talented (probably the latter).
DAW: Mixcraft 6
3rd Party VSTs: Alien 303 Bass Synthesizer, Various Angular Momentum Products, Artemis, Combo Organ Models V+F, Daedalus, iloSynth1, Impuse, Messiah, MinimogueVA, oxytocin, P8, various Togu Audio Line products, Synth1, TS-Substance, VB3 Organ
Youtube
Soundcloud
Anorax

Postby EquinoxEurobeat » 25 Jul 2012 21:26

Anorax wrote:This may be true, but as the evident stands (AKAthis song of yours), you seem to have experience with Eurobeat. Quite a bit, unless you got very lucky and/or are very talented (probably the latter).

Neither. I don't consider myself "talented", and I pretty much listened to Odyssey up until late last year before diving into Avex releases/indie Eurobeat that isn't him. The song I made wasn't very good, but that's because I was rushing to finish it before I went back to marching band.

If you're looking for a way to get a similar synth brass to Odyssey's, but you're using Windows, try Novation Vstation. You can modify some of the synth brass presets and get a similar sound or try creating your own. Some people can really make Nexus' brass work great. Just mess around until you get something, or buy a Roland JD-800.
EquinoxEurobeat

Postby Freewave » 26 Jul 2012 12:42

Actually I just wrapped up an interview of Eurobeat Brony this last week and should have the interview up in the next couple of days, I'll try to link it in here. He does agree that he uses a lot of the same vst's but goes into depth about which ones those are and a little more about Eurobeat in general. Secrets will be revealed!!! :o :shock:
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Previous

Return to Technique