Dubfire Intro

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Dubfire Intro

Postby Hawk » 25 Mar 2013 04:11

So I was listening to a few Dubfire sets and I noticed that he always uses these deep growling sounds for his intros (starting at 0:00:09).

They apparently come from a track called Rabidsplosion by JPLS, but it seems to be unreleased because I can't find it anywhere. I really want these sound for my own intros. So my question to you is: how can I make them?
Soundcloud
Youtube

Click here! If you're lucky, you'll catch me djing.
Hawk

Primary: Ableton Live & Maschine
Cutie Mark: a minus <3

Re: Dubfire Intro

Postby Majora MIM » 25 Mar 2013 05:21

I'd say a vocal sample, pitched down by an octave or so, put through a vocoder with a classic FM growl (or any growl) for carrier.
Majora MIM

Postby itroitnyah » 25 Mar 2013 05:49

I once made a sound like that using Cyclop, I liked it because it sounded like a motorcycle that I could rev up or down by increasing the pitch.

If you own cyclop, it's really easy to make. First you open up the default preset under the "User" preset bank, and turn off everything except the first oscillator thing. Change the oscillator to look like this:

And that sounds pretty similar to the growl thingy in the dubfire song/video you linked and asked about.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Majora MIM » 25 Mar 2013 07:35

To make that first one with the acceleration, use either a growl pitching up, you can also increase the ratio of a the modulators in an fm synth, or increase the rate of a phaser or, if you have massive, use a frequency shifter insert and center the pitch knob then move it from slightly left to slightly right to get the effect.
Majora MIM

Postby cplbradley » 25 Mar 2013 14:09

Sounds like a voice sample chop with delay and played constantly with a modulating speed
Honorary Member of the Yoy and Whistle Club
https://soundcloud.com/cplbradley/perfectly-natural
cplbradley

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Distorted Fart Noises

Return to Technique