Acapella

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Acapella

Postby Ptepix » 26 Feb 2013 17:40

How do I even Acapella??! I need help >.<
If you can't tell me...then can you at least get Family Force 5 - Cray Button as a acapella for me XD
What is love?!
Ptepix

Re: Acapella

Postby itroitnyah » 26 Feb 2013 17:52

noise removal. Simple enough, just use Audacity, highlight an instrument or background noise section, and go to "Effects > Noise Removal" and click on "Get noise profile". Following that, highlight the entire track and go back to the noise removal effect and click the "go" button or whatever it's labeled. it may remove some of the frequencies in the vocals, but it ain't perfect. There are also some features on other audio editing programs that allow you to do the same thing except they have a feature called "vocal remover" or "noise remover" or whatever. You can also find youtube videos on this by searching "how to remove background noise with audacity" or whatever program you prefer to use.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Ptepix » 26 Feb 2013 18:08

itroitnyah wrote:noise removal. Simple enough, just use Audacity, highlight an instrument or background noise section, and go to "Effects > Noise Removal" and click on "Get noise profile". Following that, highlight the entire track and go back to the noise removal effect and click the "go" button or whatever it's labeled. it may remove some of the frequencies in the vocals, but it ain't perfect. There are also some features on other audio editing programs that allow you to do the same thing except they have a feature called "vocal remover" or "noise remover" or whatever. You can also find youtube videos on this by searching "how to remove background noise with audacity" or whatever program you prefer to use.

Ok I'll try that
What is love?!
Ptepix

Postby Nine Volt » 26 Feb 2013 18:37

Just know that it isn't perfect, but it can come out useable. If you've got an instrumental you can get a decent acapella through phase inversion, basically inverting the waveform of the instrumental and layering it with the vocal mix so that it cancels out most of the instruments. You've got to get it spot on though, otherwise it'll turn out really loud and clipping.
Nine Volt

Postby Ptepix » 26 Feb 2013 18:45

Nine Volt wrote:Just know that it isn't perfect, but it can come out useable. If you've got an instrumental you can get a decent acapella through phase inversion, basically inverting the waveform of the instrumental and layering it with the vocal mix so that it cancels out most of the instruments. You've got to get it spot on though, otherwise it'll turn out really loud and clipping.

I know that version....I just dont have an instrumental
What is love?!
Ptepix

Return to Technique