Tutor?

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Tutor?

Postby Luna in the Moon » 20 Oct 2011 16:48

I realize this is going to sound horrible, but I'm just running into a brick wall with a lot of this stuff.

After fighting for like four hours to hook my VSTs into Ableton, I finally managed to do so. And I just can't figure anything out with this program.

Would anyone who uses Ableton be willing to sit in a stream with me and show me the ropes? I realize it's asking a lot, but it would mean the world.

Thanks! <3
Luna in the Moon

Re: Tutor?

Postby bartekko » 20 Oct 2011 17:01

well, okay, I can help, I think I'll create an eggheads' guide to ableton live, as we actually had this talk in the reformation thread.

So, not now, but add me on skype (bartekko6) and I might be able to set some stuff up tomorrow, or whenever you has time.

My connection however sucks, so I might create a yt vid tutorial on building a simple song, with commentary (you're going to love my childish voice) and then doing everything possible with automation and stuff, instead of livestreaming my screen.
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby Versilaryan » 20 Oct 2011 17:27

I can also help if you'd like. I'm Versilaryan on Skype as well, so feel free to add me there!

I don't have Ableton, but I've used it pretty extensively before, so I should be able to help. I can also help hooking you up with some nice free synths and VST plugins, and then telling you how they work.
Versilaryan

Postby Aussie » 20 Oct 2011 21:08

I can totally help, dude!

Skype is ajasher1234, or you can PM me here on MLR!
Aussie

Postby MoonlitFantom » 23 Oct 2011 16:53

Well I Use Ableton Myself. Im excellent with MIDI set up. I plugged my Electric Violin in to it as a VST.
Care to Join Me, Psychoshy and Pinkamena For Some Tea?
MoonlitFantom
MoonlitFantom

Location: Somewhere in the back of your mind creating your nightmares...

Return to Technique