Cool drum packs for idiots such as myself?

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Cool drum packs for idiots such as myself?

Postby CommandSpry » 03 Jan 2013 21:06

Hey, as an idiot who uses sampled drums, what is a cool pack to acquire, you know, not as overpriced or overused or overrated as Vengeance or oversaturated as pendulum's kit, something DnB-ish is what I have in mind?

Sorry if I'm being too vague, and thanks in advance (:
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.

hello I'm spry wobbler lol I'm
CommandSpry

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: wobbler

Re: Cool drum packs for idiots such as myself?

Postby itroitnyah » 03 Jan 2013 21:15

Synthesize your own drums, it's the only way to go. But on a serious note, synthesizing your own drums, while is a long and tedious process to get down just right and perfect, can turn you out drums that are much better than just about any sample you can find on the internet - if you do it right. I know that you're specifically asking for sample packs, so I won't go into detail, but if you want me to help you out with synthesizing your own drums, just ask.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby CommandSpry » 03 Jan 2013 21:32

Oh don't worry about it mate, I'm not a musician

CommandSpry

Postby Random111223 » 03 Jan 2013 22:25

Danny Byrd's dnb sample pack is awesome. It has a bunch of hihats, kicks, snares and alot of breaks. And the samples haven't been overly compressed.

Synthesize your own drums, it's the only way to go

lolwat. it's extremely hard to create synthesized drums which have the warmth and realisticness of recorded samples (if it's not please tell me how). I'd rather spend my time learning how to process samples than creating them from scratch.
Random111223

Postby localhost » 04 Jan 2013 00:22

CommandSpry wrote:Hey, as an idiot who uses sampled drums, what is a cool pack to acquire, you know, not as overpriced or overused or overrated as Vengeance or oversaturated as pendulum's kit, something DnB-ish is what I have in mind?

Sorry if I'm being too vague, and thanks in advance (:

The Loopmasters packs can have some really good samples.

I would recommend the 'Danny Byrd' and the 'Total Science' packs, if you're doing something "DnB-ish"
localhost

Postby XXDarkShadow79XX » 04 Jan 2013 04:44

You could always man up and get something like Blokhe4d: Drum & Bass Vol 8, but it's pretty damn processed, or at least from what I hear in the demo. (I don't personally have it)

If not that, then I guess you could go Prime Loops and try Future Drum & Bass Drums. Despite what the demo depicts, the samples sound like they could be used for any kind of dnb, even liquid. However, knowing Prime Loops (I've only tried their demo packs but I know their signature sound) the shots will be REALLY REALLY processed.

Hm. You should probably listen to someone that's actually giving you what you're asking for because I'm really not. ;)
XXDarkShadow79XX

Primary: FL

Postby itroitnyah » 04 Jan 2013 06:42

Random111223 wrote:lolwat. it's extremely hard to create synthesized drums which have the warmth and realisticness of recorded samples (if it's not please tell me how). I'd rather spend my time learning how to process samples than creating them from scratch.
Yeah, true, synthesizing your own drums is pretty hard and stuff, but if you spend enough time, you can get pretty realistic sounding drums... Take a listen to this snare I synthesized. I personally think it sounds pretty realistic, or at least it's working good with my current WIPs, so I really like it. Tell me what you think
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby CommandSpry » 04 Jan 2013 18:29

Oh I have Danny Byrd, but still thanks for recommending it though (:

CommandSpry

Postby PonE-Sharp » 05 Jan 2013 00:12

itroitnyah wrote:
Random111223 wrote:lolwat. it's extremely hard to create synthesized drums which have the warmth and realisticness of recorded samples (if it's not please tell me how). I'd rather spend my time learning how to process samples than creating them from scratch.
Yeah, true, synthesizing your own drums is pretty hard and stuff, but if you spend enough time, you can get pretty realistic sounding drums... Take a listen to this snare I synthesized. I personally think it sounds pretty realistic, or at least it's working good with my current WIPs, so I really like it. Tell me what you think

Definitely sounds like a snare, though I can hear it's synth roots. Sounds a bit too shallow to be like a studio recorded snare, but would fit perfectly with a synth heavy track. I'm guessing that's what you created it for?
Find me here:

youtube.com/user/coltsuke
League of Legends: Zarfall (Or PrìncessCelestia. Both work apparently.)
Steam ID: Trentul
DeviantArt: Zarfall
PonE-Sharp

Return to Technique