Laptop internal mic help

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Laptop internal mic help

Postby Hangin' From A Cloud » 24 Dec 2012 10:06

I want to record/screw around with the internal mic on the laptop, but for some reason I can't seem to get it working in my DAW (which is Reason 5). I think I could record with Audacity,but I'll double check on that, might not remember correctly.

I know I should get a proper mic,but I'm not planning to do any serious recording,this would just be for experimenting.
The reason why I want it to work with the DAW is because 1) it would be easier to work in one program than two and 2) I want to test the abilities of the DAW.
Thanks in advance for helping, and Merry Christmas to all of you! ^^
"Sheogorath took hold of the petulant women and ripped her asunder. From her tendons he made lutes [...] and thus Music was born!"
/Myths of Sheogorath/
-----
Youtube | Soundcloud
Using: Reason 5, Live Lite 8
Hangin' From A Cloud

Re: Laptop internal mic help

Postby Nine Volt » 24 Dec 2012 11:11

Well, Reason 5 can't work with raw audio files, that's why you can't get it to work. It just can't do it. Upgrade to 6 or 6.5 and you should be able to.

As for Audacity, it's a very good program (for a free one) and it's what I use for recording. Also, if you have a guitar hero or rock band mic lying around, be aware that they're actually pretty good quality (I have examples on my Youtube if you care to look).
Nine Volt

Re: Laptop internal mic help

Postby cyrricky » 24 Dec 2012 12:02

Yeah, Reason 5 can't handle straight audio. Reason 6(.5) can. Get that.
Youtube - Soundcloud - Tumblr

DAW: Propellerhead Reason 6
cyrricky

Primary: Reason

Return to Technique