<HELP> Would that winter wrap up sound good as dubstep?

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

<HELP> Would that winter wrap up sound good as dubstep?

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 17 Dec 2012 23:07

A request I got was for... that "Winter Wrap Up" song, the song where... the ponies sing and winter get's all scared by it and run's off I guess.

(Also if spring is the next fucking day why don't they just... I don't know.... fucking start earlier? It seem's like "winter wrap up day" start's at like 4:30 p.m.

Maybe have a week to wrap up the winter or whatever it is that they do...

Maybe call it.... "Wrapping of Winter Week".... or WOWW. Like an awful text message.)

Anyway... I just got done listening to it... and it's nice? But I was wondering if anyone had made a dubstep remix?

Like original dubstep, not moombahton or electrohouse or moombahouse or whatever the fuck else. Just 145 BPM style dubstep?

Also, it sound's like the song switches BPM pretty early, like maybe 109 to 119 or some shit. I don't know... So can someone help me get the BPM? I can probably make the acapella myself, or at least just go download one, hell I could probably also figure out the BPM too if I tried... but.... I'm not... to interested... by this... songgggg.
"I skin small filly's and use the mangled flesh for my lampshades" - R.
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Re: <HELP> Would that winter wrap up sound good as dubstep?

Postby Thyrai » 18 Dec 2012 02:10

Winter wrap up has a dynamic BPM, I believe it's 96 BPM in the slow spots and 116 for the majority.

Art Attack did a sort of glitchy dubstep thing a long time ago
http://youtu.be/LmO3fQYfbFk

Like original dubstep, not moombahton or electrohouse or moombahouse or whatever the fuck else

I don't think moombahton or moombahouse have anything in common with dubstep. Like, at all.

At any rate, I think it would make a great dubstep song if done well :)
Thyrai

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 18 Dec 2012 03:00

Oh I did write "moombahouse" ha, I meant the sub genre 'Moombastep'

And the art Attack Remix... I like the FACT that it's glitchy, but I almost can't hear any... melodic tone's toward's it.. Do you notice that? or is it just me..

And Huge thank's for the BPM by the way=]
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby vladnuke » 18 Dec 2012 23:27

Yeah, I could see it happening. Have the build up starting at "Three months of winter coolness" and drop on the chorus. Totes could work.
vladnuke

Postby Navron » 19 Dec 2012 01:30

What has "Winter Wrap Up," been remixed in?

A. Dubstep
B. House
C. Acoustic
D. Every genre multiple times.

Correct Answer: D
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 19 Dec 2012 03:41

Find me a brony wrap up dubstep. A good one.
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby Motivfs » 19 Dec 2012 04:23

Not to be an ass, but couldn't you just find it yourself on YT rather than acting like you demand us to find it for you?
Motivfs

Postby BlackElectric » 19 Dec 2012 19:43

Nonsense_Profile wrote:but.... I'm not... to interested... by this... songgggg.

Then don't do it?
BlackElectric

Primary: Pro Tools 10
Cutie Mark: Mixing

Postby XXDarkShadow79XX » 19 Dec 2012 19:53

Motivfs wrote:Not to be an ass, but couldn't you just find it yourself on YT rather than acting like you demand us to find it for you?

The point was that apparently it's been [dubstep] remixed multiple times when in reality, there really aren't that many good ones. NP wasn't requesting that you guys find one, he was just challenging you guys to find one.
XXDarkShadow79XX

Primary: FL

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 20 Dec 2012 14:31

XXDarkShadow79XX wrote:
Motivfs wrote:Not to be an ass, but couldn't you just find it yourself on YT rather than acting like you demand us to find it for you?

The point was that apparently it's been [dubstep] remixed multiple times when in reality, there really aren't that many good ones. NP wasn't requesting that you guys find one, he was just challenging you guys to find one.

I like you sir, apparently not many people can tell what I'm talking about so it's really nice when someone does, I have seen the dubstep remixes, well a few of them, and I was either bored or they ended up being the common "I say it's dubstep, but it's really just electro house" type, I was asking this thread to find me a GOOD one.

@BlackElectric - It was requested, I wouldn't be a very good DJ if I only played and produced stuff I thought was cool and skip out on other opportunities just because of my own personal vendetta.

Also I'm curious to see what come's out of it, I'm not losing sleep because I'm doing it

Here's also a random picture of pinkie pie for the insanely good reason of "fuck you, just because."

--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Return to Technique