What 1 tip would you give?

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

What 1 tip would you give?

Postby KillerAmp » 17 Dec 2012 14:25

Hey, i've been making music for awhile, and i feel like i have the basics down, but i really want to push things to the next level with my production, and i'm sure that there are many others out there who are thinking like this, and i thought, "why not create a thread where we all give each other 1 (or more) tip(s) that we think really help when it comes to production?"
Now what i was thinking is, this way, we can learn from each other, and see what goes on in our fellow producer's heads!

Ill start,

-I feel that the most important thing for me when i produce, (especially for things like dubstep/DnB) is in separating the Sub from the dirtyness of the sound, something that i know many producers who just start out, probably aren't aware of.

-Along with this, you should also try and make sure your Kick's peak frequency doesn't collide with any of your sub-bass frequencies by eq'ing out/side-chaining to keep muddiness at a minimum.
KillerAmp

Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: Feels

Re: What 1 tip would you give?

Postby Nine Volt » 17 Dec 2012 14:31

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1332&p=14481#p14481
Better to revive that thread than start a new one.
Nine Volt

Re: What 1 tip would you give?

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 17 Dec 2012 15:46

1 tip I would give:

Search before posting. :P
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Return to Technique