Forum Recommendations?

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Forum Recommendations?

Postby cloudshovit » 01 Dec 2012 15:32

Hey guys really enjoying my stay here at the form. With a lot of people here being nice and helpful and all that good stuff. I like that there's no sense of elitism around here thats common on a lot of music productions forums (mmm gearslutz?). So do you guys have any other music production forums that you can recommend thats as friendly as MLR?
cloudshovit

Re: Forum Recommendations?

Postby the4thImpulse » 01 Dec 2012 15:42

cloudshovit wrote:Hey guys really enjoying my stay here at the form. With a lot of people here being nice and helpful and all that good stuff. I like that there's no sense of elitism around here thats common on a lot of music productions forums (mmm gearslutz?). So do you guys have any other music production forums that you can recommend thats as friendly as MLR?

There are two other music forums that I follow, although not as closely as MLR.

DJ Forums
Future Producers

I have never found another forum that has the friendliness of MLR but thats mainly because of who we are, bronies, and more importantly people who don't make a living off of music alone. Its a very competitive industry so I don't imagine you will find the same love elsewhere (just something to think about). You will have a far greater knowledge base to tap into on those other forums as they do have many professionals, MLR has only a small few at the best.

Other forums I've heard great things from (but don't really follow at the moment mainly due to time) are KVR and Gearslutz.
the4thImpulse

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby XXDarkShadow79XX » 01 Dec 2012 16:42

Try the Boyinaband forum. That place actually encourages its member to critique so they get featured.
XXDarkShadow79XX

Primary: FL

Postby cloudshovit » 01 Dec 2012 16:45

the4thImpulse wrote:
cloudshovit wrote:Hey guys really enjoying my stay here at the form. With a lot of people here being nice and helpful and all that good stuff. I like that there's no sense of elitism around here thats common on a lot of music productions forums (mmm gearslutz?). So do you guys have any other music production forums that you can recommend thats as friendly as MLR?

There are two other music forums that I follow, although not as closely as MLR.

DJ Forums
Future Producers

I have never found another forum that has the friendliness of MLR but thats mainly because of who we are, bronies, and more importantly people who don't make a living off of music alone. Its a very competitive industry so I don't imagine you will find the same love elsewhere (just something to think about). You will have a far greater knowledge base to tap into on those other forums as they do have many professionals, MLR has only a small few at the best.

Other forums I've heard great things from (but don't really follow at the moment mainly due to time) are KVR and Gearslutz.

yeah I think youre right man. I also frequent the fruity loops forum forum.image-line.com, dubstepforum and the glitchhopforum. I'm tired of hearing all these other people stuck-up on their gear and stuff like "oh you should use a thousands of dollars worth of SSL console for that" etc.

I mean look at people like madeon, porter robinson, avicci, laidback luke (whose forum I just joined) or even skrillex making hits on their laptops. I may not necessarily like all their music but I really admire their attitude towards music production. As I said before. I discovered MLR because of Ickys review (that someone on one of my Facebook groups posted) of a pair of really cheap Kurzweil monitor speakers that I ended up ordering. My ultimate goal is to make a banger using fairly affordable gear, stick it up to the bigots :lol:
cloudshovit

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 01 Dec 2012 18:17

KVR, but prepare to have you music (professionally) ripped apart, they've got some pretty long standing members there.
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Captain Ironhelm » 01 Dec 2012 18:41

KVR mostly. I don't really post though, just read. Generally can find a lot of useful information there.
Captain Ironhelm

Postby Nine Volt » 02 Dec 2012 03:41

Dogsonacid
Boyinaband
Gearslutz

I'll have to check out this KVR place myself
Nine Volt

Postby Omegastick » 02 Dec 2012 12:03

I'll have to check out KVR. Honestly, I don't go on many forums, but there are some guys at Reddit's Plug.dj who seriously know their stuff. I posted my WIP of my latest track on there and wrote down all the critique they gave me (I use a piece of paper as a mousepad that I write notes on all the time) and went and did it as soon as my track finished playing. It sounds 10x better now, gave it that punch it really needed.
Omegastick

Postby cloudshovit » 02 Dec 2012 18:45

that Reddit's Plug.dj looks fun. Funny that you guys keep mentioning KVR but I have been a member of KVR since 2004 really :D I'm just really looking for an alternative to that world, that again, is as friendly as MLR.
cloudshovit

Return to Technique