Buzzing?

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Buzzing?

Postby SilverLeaf.B » 30 Nov 2012 21:00

Does anybody know how to create this kind of buzzy effect that's pretty widely used? I'm FL 10, thanks.

0:54

"One trick pony only has one song. One trick pony plays it all night long. One trick pony never tries something new. One trick pony could be me or it could be you."-Jackle App, One Trick Pony
SilverLeaf.B

Re: Buzzing?

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 30 Nov 2012 21:08

It's a saw wave.
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby SilverLeaf.B » 30 Nov 2012 21:18

Lol, I could guess that, I'm really wondering how to get it to fade in and out with that kind of pressured feel. It seems side-chained, but I can't get that same effect.
"One trick pony only has one song. One trick pony plays it all night long. One trick pony never tries something new. One trick pony could be me or it could be you."-Jackle App, One Trick Pony
SilverLeaf.B

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 30 Nov 2012 23:56

All it is is sidechaining. If you fiddle with the compression settings, an increased release will give you a longer fade-in time, and a higher ratio will increase how far and hard it will duck, as well as a reduced threshold. :)

Also if you cut out the midrange of the saw wave with an EQ, it will become buzzier and more thinned out. Can do the same with a bandreject filter, too.
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby cloudshovit » 01 Dec 2012 16:56

distorted bass synth sounds like http://tweakbench.com/monomate. which was quite popular for a lot hard electro a few years ago. and sidechaining :D
cloudshovit

Return to Technique