Edirol Orchestral keeps causing Ableton to crash. Help?

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Edirol Orchestral keeps causing Ableton to crash. Help?

Postby Dabrenn » 24 Nov 2012 19:59

Edirol Orchestral has been causing Ableton to crash almost every time I run multiple instances of it in a Live Set and let them play for more than ~30 seconds usually. Sometimes it works, other times is causes a "fatal error: Audio Engine not responding" crash. Anyone got a fix?

Also, it resets to the default sound every time I reopen the project. According to Google, this is a very common problem and I can't get a fix within Ableton.

Lastly, Also, where can I purchase the damn thing? I honestly can't find a legitimate place to purchase it. (does that statement break the forum rules?) If not, what are some other good Orchestral synths along the lines of Orchestral? I really like the sounds it makes.
Dabrenn

Re: Edirol Orchestral keeps causing Ableton to crash. Help?

Postby itroitnyah » 25 Nov 2012 08:52

I have a friend who uses EastWest Orchestral, but he can't use it with Ableton because it crashes so much as well. But that was on his old computer, he recently upgraded his computer, so it might work better, which is strange, because EWO worked well with Mixcraft. Possibly Ableton isn't very good at using RAM? Because I think that EW Orchestral runs on audio files much like that one Kontakt thingy that's really expensive and runs soundfonts or something or rather. So they have the files in the database of the synth itself, which audio files run on RAM power(not sure if correct term, making it up myself, lol) and synths run on processor power. And the files used in EWO are 24bit wavs, and there are hundreds of them, and they include 16 bit wavs, so they probably use more ram power than ableton can use? lol, I have no idea. But Ableton having trouble using ram properly would be my guess. I'm probably wrong though
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Return to Technique