It Begins!

Sample Packs? VSTs? DAWs? EQ? What DOES the knee on the Compressor do? All computer-related music making topics belong here!

It Begins!

Postby Kryptage » 22 Jan 2012 21:09

Finally after about 5 hours screw ups re-edits, and upload failures. The first video of my FL studio tutorials is up!

The mixing tutorials I was talking about will begin production as soon as I can work out an issue I'm having.

For now Fl users it is a very basic tutorial. I will have more coming tomorrow so I can get it kick started. As I said in the video though, I'm really looking for questions to address more than anything. So If you're confused about something, or have been confused about something. I'll probably have a thing on it in the near future.

Thanks for watching!

1. Breaking the Ice, Basics

2.The Mixer, Sequencer and Other Tips

3. Fl Studio Tutorial 3: Automation Clips/Envelopes and Usage
Last edited by Kryptage on 30 Jan 2012 15:53, edited 2 times in total.
A fews songs in progress at all times!

check out my latest on my soundcloud

http://soundcloud.com/moviemajic12
Kryptage

Re: It Begins!

Postby guitarskills » 22 Jan 2012 21:36

I actually learned something! That was unexpected. Keep these tutorials up :D
guitarskills

Postby Navron » 22 Jan 2012 22:03

If you're doing a series of basic tutorials for FL Studio, you can edit your post and have them in chronological order.

I will certainly add this to the music guide.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby Kryptage » 22 Jan 2012 22:09

NavyBrony wrote:If you're doing a series of basic tutorials for FL Studio, you can edit your post and have them in chronological order.

I will certainly add this to the music guide.

Oh sure thing. I'll gladly do that!

Kryptage

Postby guitarskills » 29 Jan 2012 19:27

Also make sure to make a post every time you make a video so the topic bumps back to the top!
guitarskills

Postby Kryptage » 29 Jan 2012 22:46

guitarskills wrote:Also make sure to make a post every time you make a video so the topic bumps back to the top!

I've been having upload issues. I have two videos I need to post. I can't get either up right now...They'll be up soon! Keep an eye out for them!
Last edited by Kryptage on 30 Jan 2012 15:55, edited 1 time in total.

Kryptage

Postby Navron » 30 Jan 2012 05:22

guitarskills wrote:Also make sure to make a post every time you make a video so the topic bumps back to the top!

That sort of defeats the purpose of having it in the MLR Music Guide that's stickied at the top.
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Postby guitarskills » 30 Jan 2012 16:31

Though the guide may be incredibly useful for being introduced to tutorials, some of us don't use the MLR music guide for updates. I use it to see if any new things have been listed, but I don't think many people feel like checking every link whenever they want to learn something. Maybe you bump the topic for it, but it can't really see it as a place for pointing out updates, sorry.
guitarskills

Postby Navron » 30 Jan 2012 17:38

It's preferable to not have a separate topic posted for each segment. Would it be helpful if I bumped the music guide itself with an update showing what's new, including updates on any topics already covered?
Navron
Global Moderator

Return to Resources, Software, and Mixing Advice