Looking for a tutor!

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Looking for a tutor!

Postby iTwi » 12 Jan 2012 04:08

Hi there, my name is iTwi, and I'm looking for someone who can tutor me with in basics of making Remixes, original Music, and what not. I've been listening to tons of pony related music ever since I became a brony, and I want to start making my own music, and giving back to the people that have given me hours of enjoyment.

Not much as far as requirements go, but I would prefer if you have some examples to show your skill. It would aslo be great if you had experience in making Dubstep aswell, because that is the type of music I want to go for. But if you don't, no worries. I would like experience in making all kinds of music! Edit: I use ableton Live 8.

so, If you're interested in helping out another brony wanting to give back to the pony community, please let me know!

Thanks everyone!
Last edited by iTwi on 12 Jan 2012 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
iTwi

Re: Looking for a tutor!

Postby X-Trav » 12 Jan 2012 07:34

It would help us all immensely if you state the DAW you currently use.
Long time pianist and mediocrity extraordinaire.

Current Projects:
Manestream media
    EOE003
Call of The Crusaders
Album
X-Trav

Postby iTwi » 12 Jan 2012 07:57

DAW?
iTwi

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 12 Jan 2012 08:10

Digital Audio Workstation...so, FL Studio, Cubase, Ableton Live, etc etc...basically the program you use to make music!

Also, fantastic avatar there!

Also also, I'm no use because I write classical...not very dubsteppy at all!
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby iTwi » 12 Jan 2012 08:15

Oh! Well, currently I have Ableton Live 8. I'll edit the post to clarify that. And thanks!
iTwi

Postby bartekko » 12 Jan 2012 08:19

iTwi wrote:DAW?

Digital Audio Workstation.

basically, the thing you use for making music.

For starters, I recommend Magix music maker, as it's ultra easy to use, and gives a taste of what serious software can do, without being a cluster of stuff that is hard to understand at first.

after that, there are two main programs: Ableton Live and FLStudio. Try both and use what fits you better.
I use ableton live 8 too, welcome aboard

I read that you want to make dubstep. Dubstep is a great genre, but very hard to make good. until you first practice with more classic EDM, that being trance and house.I've been in this game for like, half a year, and only recently I learnedc how to make a decent drop

Learning basics of music theory is lots of help, but don't overrate it: Glaze doesn't know shit about music theory, and yet, he's one of best around here.

If you ever need any more help, feel free to get on the IRC chat (#bronymusic @ ponychat.net, link under the site's logo) and add me to skype (bartekko6)

My name is bartekko, and I approve of this message.
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby Versilaryan » 12 Jan 2012 19:59

Dubstep is HARD. You not only have to write the music, you have to make all of the synthesis, then process the hell out of them yourself. No presets in dubstep.

I can tutor you, given I've been making a bunch of it lately and I also use Ableton, though I'm not exactly the most free person schedule-wise.
Versilaryan

Postby Kryptage » 12 Jan 2012 20:13

To start, welcome aboard.

I'd be more than willing to help if you need something answered. Be it Theory, or synths, mixing, mastering, I could help out with that. Not sure If I could be a teacher, and you know talk everyday or, every week or what not, I'm very inconsistent, I wouldn't be reliable for that. However, I can answer individual questions, and potentially could help out making a song or two if you'd want.

My email is [email protected]

I got a skype, which is moviemajic1.

and You can always send me a message over youtube at my "moviemajic" youtube channel.

I want to help, so if you want me to help, don't be afraid to ask, even though I may not always be able too, I'll do my best to.

So yeah, good luck man!
A fews songs in progress at all times!

check out my latest on my soundcloud

http://soundcloud.com/moviemajic12
Kryptage

Postby iTwi » 12 Jan 2012 20:40

Thank for all the awesome responses you guys! It really means alot!
iTwi

Postby AutomaticJack » 13 Jan 2012 05:22

If you ever venture into the FL side of things, Automatic Jack is at your service! As for Ableton, after ten minutes with no sound coming forth and a bald spot where I'd been scratching my head, I asked myself 'Why do I bother? When has FL 7 ever let me down?' and called it quits =P
Pride can be wounded. Swagger is INVINCIBLE..
[The Factory] -- [The Showroom] -- [The Catalog]
DAW: FL Studio 11, Adobe Audition 1.5
Current Project: Too many to name!!! =P
AutomaticJack

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Master of all things Rhythmic

Postby iTwi » 13 Jan 2012 19:57

AutomaticJack wrote:If you ever venture into the FL side of things, Automatic Jack is at your service! As for Ableton, after ten minutes with no sound coming forth and a bald spot where I'd been scratching my head, I asked myself 'Why do I bother? When has FL 7 ever let me down?' and called it quits =P

I might consider trying out FL one day. When I looked at the screenshots for it, it just seemed so...Cluttered compared to ableton.
iTwi

Return to Technique