[help] i wanna buy a banjo

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

[help] i wanna buy a banjo

Postby Facade » 09 Jan 2012 19:52

but i have no idea what i should get cause it would be my first banjo ever and i would be learning and stuff so im hoping someone here would know more then me i hope
so please guid me in the direction of a good beginner banjo
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Re: [help] i wanna buy a banjo

Postby AerieFlew » 09 Jan 2012 20:43

... XP I love how I go to look through your posts and this is the first one I see.... We will have to work on finding you a Banjo...
AerieFlew

Postby Whitetail » 09 Jan 2012 20:50

The most common type of banjo is a 5 stringed one, like guitars you can buy a cheap $100 one but don't expect the quality to be all that good. You'll probably end up paying like $250-300 for a quality one. You can learn on a cheaper one and if you're not that serious that's probably a good option but if you like it you'll probably end up looking into an improvement sometime.
Whitetail

Postby Facade » 09 Jan 2012 20:52

thanks but i wanna be serious about it in the future but right now i need to start asap so i can get some practice so should i edge for a better one or go for a beginner one?
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

Facade

Postby SeanNH94 » 11 Jan 2012 13:12

My advice is to look for a used one. Use Craigslist, and look at pawn shops. You can get a good quality instrument at very excellent price. I suggest you bring someone who knows instruments and can judge whether or not it's worth the money, if you can.
SeanNH94

Postby Facade » 11 Jan 2012 19:37

SeanNH94 wrote:My advice is to look for a used one. Use Craigslist, and look at pawn shops. You can get a good quality instrument at very excellent price. I suggest you bring someone who knows instruments and can judge whether or not it's worth the money, if you can.

i dont know any body that knows about banjo's thats the problem :P
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Return to Technique