Need Help Choosing speakers and a sound Card

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Need Help Choosing speakers and a sound Card

Postby bartekko » 29 Aug 2011 04:38

I don't think my ears can stand much more headphones, as well I'm looking forward to getting myself a better-than-built-in sound card.

What do you think about logitech x-530 (x-540 are 2x pricier somehow) and creative X-fi xtreme gamer? are these good, will they blend (together, not in a blender)?
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Re: Need Help Choosing speakers and a sound Card

Postby Icky » 01 Sep 2011 10:35

They'll blend but if you're looking for a good soundcard and speakers for music production I wouldnt advice you to get stuff from logitech or creative.

For speakers you should take a look at studio monitors. I really liked the KRK Rokits when I listened to them in the store myself.
These are quite expensive though, so if you dont have the money take a look at the Behringer MS series or the M-Audio Studiophile AV series, or if you can get your hands on them (dont think they're sold in the US) the Kurzweil KS-40As I have.

I also still have a built-in soundcard, but I heard lexicon has very good external soundcards for a pretty low price.

Ofcourse if you're just looking for a 5.1 speaker set that will give you good bass, the logitechs are probably perfect. I dont know how good the creative soundcard is so you'll have to look around for reviews but I assume they'll also sound a lot better than a built-in soundcard.
But if you're looking for speakers and a soundcard for music production there's stuff more suited for that on the market.
Icky

Postby bartekko » 01 Sep 2011 13:08

thanks for your opinion. For now I am getting myself this set, but will later, once I have a good amount of cash saved, I will look at studio stuff. These speakers are used not only for production, but also for gaming, that's why I looked at 5.1 in the first place.
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby Andy Feelin » 28 Sep 2011 10:37

I am choosing a soundcard.
Does anyone have experience with either FireWire or PCI external cards? Could you say some advantages and disadvantages of these variants?
Favourite pony: Fluttershy
Genre: eurodance, 80's italo-disco, synthpop
Soft: FL studio 5
Hard: CASIO CTK-900, ALISA 1387, Elsita RMIF e-drumset, Epiphone Embassy bass guitar
YouTube
Discography on MLR (latest update: 2004 - Margarita)
Andy Feelin

Postby ArtAttack » 12 Nov 2011 22:59

Seconding this, I really need a new soundcard (so FL won't go AOSVMASGFNJXNVXKCVNOEIFWOIEFMIO whenever I play more than two things at once)
Name: Sam
DAW: FL Studio 10
Genre: French Electro, Electro House, Complextro, Dubstep
Current Projects:
SECOND ALBUM
BALLOON PARTY: Tourniqakes
Lots of remixes omg
ArtAttack

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: idiot mark

Postby cloudshovit » 26 Nov 2012 20:50

bartekko wrote:I don't think my ears can stand much more headphones, as well I'm looking forward to getting myself a better-than-built-in sound card.

What do you think about logitech x-530 (x-540 are 2x pricier somehow) and creative X-fi xtreme gamer? are these good, will they blend (together, not in a blender)?

X-fi is a decent soundcard. Its got good ASIO drivers and is what FL developers use on their PCs. It uses the same E-Mu soundchip as the higher end E-Mu soundcards.
cloudshovit

Postby itroitnyah » 26 Nov 2012 20:53

What is this madness? Necroposting??
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby cloudshovit » 26 Nov 2012 20:56

itroitnyah wrote:What is this madness? Necroposting??

:mrgreen: can't help it.
cloudshovit

Postby Captain Ironhelm » 26 Nov 2012 20:59

I was confused at why I saw an ArtAttack post, but then I saw the 2011 date on the post.
Captain Ironhelm

Return to Technique