Riser help?

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Riser help?

Postby Friv » 24 Nov 2012 15:52

I've been hearing this particular sound in quite a few songs and movies, and can't figure out how to make it.

https://soundcloud.com/thisisgemini/blue
It's the siren sounding riser that you can hear from about 5 seconds to 30 seconds. If anyone could help me out with this, it would be awesome.
Well I'm pretty much done with this site (it wasn't about the April Fool's joke I actually loved that). If for some reason somebody wants to contact me or something (not like any of you even care lol):
email: [email protected]
Friv

Re: Riser help?

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 24 Nov 2012 16:01

In this track I'm pretty sure it's a guitar with a slide and an ebow. However if you use some sawtooth waveforms, some noise and an amp distortion you should end up with something similar.
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Riser help?

Postby Friv » 24 Nov 2012 16:05

Lavender_Harmony wrote:In this track I'm pretty sure it's a guitar with a slide and an ebow. However if you use some sawtooth waveforms, some noise and an amp distortion you should end up with something similar.

Thanks, Lav, I'll try that.
Well I'm pretty much done with this site (it wasn't about the April Fool's joke I actually loved that). If for some reason somebody wants to contact me or something (not like any of you even care lol):
email: [email protected]
Friv

Return to Technique