How do I speedcore?

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

How do I speedcore?

Postby Nine Volt » 23 Nov 2012 13:25

In short, how would I go about making good speedcore? What are some of the common synths/drum patterns of speedcore music, and how is it usually structured?
Nine Volt

Re: How do I speedcore?

Postby FLAOFEI » 23 Nov 2012 17:39

Tempted to say something along "Kicks everywhere", but that would be stupid. So here have a "tutorial"

Jk. I want a real answer to this question to.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby XXDarkShadow79XX » 23 Nov 2012 18:09

If you want to get INSANE, use the retrigger in Glitch. That shit can go FAST.
XXDarkShadow79XX

Primary: FL

Postby Dave! » 24 Nov 2012 10:18

Hello!

I do Speedcore! Let me answer a few questions for you

how would I go about making good speedcore?

How would you go abouts making good music? What people tend to forget about speedcore is the fact that there is no real "rules" to make speedcore sound good. Its just another music genre. If you know how to make music in your genre interesting you should have no real problems. A good tip though, try not to use sample kicks. At all. They are a bit naff and i can reconise them in an instant. However the best free ones i've found is this pack http://www.structuraldamage.co.uk/music ... ank__1.rar

IMO, the 'french' kicks are better as they sound more full. Try and experiment with making a speedcore kick though. I would give instructions but to be honest, there are so many different ways you might as well find a way that works for you. Tips though: Distorted kicks sound good, but make them have a punch and some form off bass. 909s are good for this, many old gabba tracks use it.

What are some of the common synths/drum patterns of speedcore music

There isnt. No seriously hahaha.

There is no common synth nor drum patterns, as you are encouraged to just do whatever you want with a fast steady beat. Heck i've known some artist to make really good sounds but rubbing a balloon against a wall and time stretching/distorting it to make it sound really nasty

IMO, the best leads are something that is very nasty. Not so much growly, but distorted and uncomfertable. Good example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... LtI#t=136s

See how its just very repetitive and a bit nasty? Thats a good sound for aggressive speedcore. You dont even have to have any synths for speedcore, just dick around with some samples

As for drum patterens? Again there isn't any 'standard'. Though that being said, if you make the kick and the snare play together, it gives it an extra push. The snare can have some variation to compliment the kick. Claps are good to for every other beat, or again, make them follow the kick.

Hi-hats i would have a closed hat following the kick and an open on the off-beat. But see what works for you. You can use Anvils for all i care :P

how is it usually structured

Again, there is so much variation in the genre that i cant really answer this. The key things however is a 32/64 beat introduction and ending. With either the kick being quiet, or being non-existant. Just have some drums or hats and other cool things but keep it at a steady beat. This is because DJ's can mix tracks easier that way.

See this track for example made by a couple friends of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8NswLHL3iw

The intro is very easy to mix, but you can see how 'bare' it is right? Thats good! Most *core genres do this for the same reason

So er yeah thats it i think :P

Feel free to ask more questions while i'm here! :D
-SPEEDCOREDAVE.CO.UK-

I make pony music every so often

www.youtube.com/b3tard
Dave!

Primary: Reason 8.0
Cutie Mark: a f=king mess

Postby Nine Volt » 24 Nov 2012 13:56

There we go! Someone who knows what they're talking about! Thanks!
I can't really think of other questions though, I'll probably end up just looking up speedcore tracks and making something based on observations. I would've done that in the first place, but circumstances prevented it at the time
Nine Volt

Return to Technique