Passing the Torch

Passing the Torch

Postby NotACleverPony » 03 Jul 2011 18:13

Hello Everypony,

The remix war round II: The Great and Powerful Round has come to an end. To those that did participate, thank you so much for your entries! We hit 40+ tracks total in just two weeks. I would love to see ANY fandom produce so many labors of love and friendship in such a short time. This is a large chunk of music and you can bet that the words "Remix War" will stay in their memories for awhile.

We did a damn good job and we should be proud of these entries.

As the synchtubes fill up and everyone comments in Equestria Daily, I would like to announce that due to time constraints, I will be passing the torch to Makkon for the next rounds indefinitely. He will be the one organizing the remix war from now on. It's also unlikely that I'll participate in Round III or IV at all, again due to time constraints. I'm still hanging out here in the boards and helping as much as I can as an Administrator.

Don't worry, you're in good hands. Ben (Makkon) was right there when it all started. I came up with the remix war idea but he made it all manifest. I couldn't have put everything together the way I did without his help and patience. I'm confident that the next round will run smoothly.

What I'm asking is, lend him a hoof every now and then. Make sure your entries have their download links and that you've set your videos to Unlisted. Help out with suggestions. In the future, we might even need a coder to register and arrange the entries more efficiently. If you have any ideas, let him know - he's open-minded and fair.

Something to keep in mind: when it comes to voting for the challenge track, pick something tangible, hopefully with vocal samples and something easily connected to the show. The purpose of the challenge track was to provide the option to submit something original and different - not make participant's lives impossible. For example, stick to character themes, or maybe even a genre, but don't overcomplicate it; I'm sure IDMstyle-with lyrics-sequencing blindfolded-in 13/6 signature-Swedish progressive doom metal about Lyra the unicorn is a fascinating challenge but keep in mind not everyone has the same means.

But I digress, I know you guys will deliberate that issue with love and tolerance.

I wish you all the best and may the next rounds be full of musical wonder.

Cheers,
- Not A Clever Pony (Danny)
NotACleverPony

Re: Passing the Torch.

Postby Interrobang Pie » 04 Jul 2011 00:50

Hahahah, man you've done a great job. I'm sure Makkon will too.

I think we need a system other than e-mail though, as proven with me and my Hotmail and the massive delays. Forum PMs seem to work instantaneously.

Yeah, with challenge tracks it's difficult to find something that is both easy to take part in but difficult to do well. I did like the theme sort of thing though - made you think about the character.

Of course I will be joining in the next round. I just need to find someone to remix now!!!

EDIT: An unimportant thing, but I'm not on this list.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby ArtAttack » 04 Jul 2011 10:50

Sorry about sounding like a noob here, but is there a set amount of time between wars, or is it just announced whenever?
Name: Sam
DAW: FL Studio 10
Genre: French Electro, Electro House, Complextro, Dubstep
Current Projects:
SECOND ALBUM
BALLOON PARTY: Tourniqakes
Lots of remixes omg
ArtAttack

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: idiot mark

Postby Makkon » 04 Jul 2011 10:59

Interrobang Pie: Gah, what? What's your entry link?

Due to circumstances (family vacation) I'll be out of town for the rest of this week. Plan for Remix War round III to start Wednesday July 13th. I know that's the middle of the week, but it'll give the event an additional 4 days in the long run.

In the meantime this gives everyone some time participate is Sci's contest as well as plan for the event.
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Re: Passing the Torch

Postby Makkon » 04 Jul 2011 13:31

I want everyone to welcome PHPony as our official webmaster. He is the owner of the site Celestia Radio: http://ponify.me/

He will be creating a way for this remix war to be simple to run and more convenient for participants to register and submit their entries.

Everyone give him a warm welcome!
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Interrobang Pie » 04 Jul 2011 13:59

Ahah, very cool. Hopefully we can get something reliable now.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Pinkie Cake » 04 Jul 2011 14:21

Hello PHPony, just wanted to say hi and say that you have a wonderful radio station /)^3^(\
Pinkie Cake

Postby PHPony » 04 Jul 2011 15:05

Hey everyone! I'm glad I can be a part of this and help the community out. Hopefully over this next week I can get a nice submission system up and running.

Pinkie Cake: Thanks! We definitely put a lot of work into it.
PHPony
Site Admin

Postby PinkiePieSwear » 05 Jul 2011 00:05

Hiya PHPony! Glad to have you here. I freaking love Celestia Radio!
PinkiePieSwear

Return to Remix War