Remix War III - Collaboration Groups

Re: Remix War III - Collaboration Groups

Postby PinkieGuy » 14 Jul 2011 04:19

Overkillius wrote:Every brony has a counter-tenor voice. it is a matter of finding it and mastering it. (So I assume... but it may be one of those things like perfect pitch... which I know you can't really develop like I think you can develop a counter-tenor voice)

I'm pretty sure it is a skill that can be developed, but one that has not been very forthcoming for me. It doesn't help that I do a lot of screaming/growling, which is counter intuitive to correct intonation of singing notes. All the people that I sing with locally are tenors or baritones, and haven't put effort into developing the higher registers.
JackleApp wrote:THIS IS A HEINOUS ABUSE OF POWER BUT

YOUR MOD COMMANDS YOU
PinkieGuy

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Overkillius » 14 Jul 2011 04:43

PinkieGuy wrote:
Overkillius wrote:Every brony has a counter-tenor voice. it is a matter of finding it and mastering it. (So I assume... but it may be one of those things like perfect pitch... which I know you can't really develop like I think you can develop a counter-tenor voice)

I'm pretty sure it is a skill that can be developed, but one that has not been very forthcoming for me. It doesn't help that I do a lot of screaming/growling, which is counter intuitive to correct intonation of singing notes. All the people that I sing with locally are tenors or baritones, and haven't put effort into developing the higher registers.

I wouldn't have developed it either, but back in high school, the women's choir rehearsal for contest was before men's rehearsal, so, being in the choir, I had to stay after school and keep myself entertained for an hour or so. I aspired to sing better than the women in my choir, (because I was already the best male singer, or so I thought in my little brain) and sang in their rehearsals. The director didn't let me, so I sat outside and sang along anyway while people in the hallway gave me strange looks. Currently my counter-tenor voice hasn't proved any use except to entertain myself. My alto friends think it is unfair because I can sing almost as high as them and far lower than them. (and then I think what it would be like to have perfect pitch... to be able pull any pitch out of thin air and get frustrated by hearing quarter tone scales)
> Music Youtube! <
>>>> Tumblr! <<<<
Overkillius wrote:The bad thing about music... is that it is subjective.
The good thing about music... is that it is subjective!
Overkillius

Primary: Reaper, Famitracker
Cutie Mark: #9 Chords

Postby Interrobang Pie » 14 Jul 2011 04:56

You guys sure like to post when I am asleep or at school. Updated list with all the searching people (so now that you know who else is looking for a buddy why don't you talk to them???)
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Senator Myth » 14 Jul 2011 08:06

Oh yeah, Senator Myth is doing a collab with peguindf12 as well.
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
-Nietzsche
My music can be found here. Please check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SenatorMyth
Senator Myth

Postby Interrobang Pie » 14 Jul 2011 09:17

Okay, I think I need to work out some cleaner sorting technique, what with the amount of people collaborating with more than one person. Don't let that discourage you from working with more than one though.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Small Talk » 14 Jul 2011 14:05

Pinkie Cake wrote:
Small Talk wrote:Well, I'm a beatboxer, so if anypony want's to attempt to work with me, I'll try and make it happen!
Sounds awesome, but it's kinda risky to do another collab. Maybe I'll make it in time.
So if you're willing to take the risk, I would gladly help you on your magical beatboxing adventure throu the collab land ;)

If you do not have the time to make another collab, it's all fine with me! Just glad to see that somepony wouldn't mind taking a chance at an odd medium of song-making :D
I'm a beatboxer. Either take or leave it, I've been doing it long enough so you can at least expect something somewhat good out of me~
Small Talk

Postby Pinkie Cake » 14 Jul 2011 14:32

Small Talk wrote:
Pinkie Cake wrote:
Small Talk wrote:Bla, bla, bla.
Bla, bla, bla.
If you do not have the time to make another collab, it's all fine with me! Just glad to see that somepony wouldn't mind taking a chance at an odd medium of song-making :D

Actualy I have time, and lots of it (no work, no education, 100% free time). I think we could try to give it a go.
I still don't know what to do with beatboxing, but i do know that it's gonna be interesting.
Pinkie Cake

Postby Small Talk » 14 Jul 2011 15:00

Pinkie Cake wrote:Actualy I have time, and lots of it (no work, no education, 100% free time). I think we could try to give it a go.
I still don't know what to do with beatboxing, but i do know that it's gonna be interesting.

Sounds alright with me then. Just let me know when you'd like to work, I'm on my computer all the time, so I'll most likely be free to do so.
I'm a beatboxer. Either take or leave it, I've been doing it long enough so you can at least expect something somewhat good out of me~
Small Talk

Postby ArtAttack » 14 Jul 2011 15:10

Can't wait for that track. You better call it "Small Talk's Magical Beatboxing Adventure...Also Ponies"
Name: Sam
DAW: FL Studio 10
Genre: French Electro, Electro House, Complextro, Dubstep
Current Projects:
SECOND ALBUM
BALLOON PARTY: Tourniqakes
Lots of remixes omg
ArtAttack

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: idiot mark

Postby Small Talk » 14 Jul 2011 15:16

ArtAttack wrote:Can't wait for that track. You better call it "Small Talk's Magical Beatboxing Adventure...Also Ponies"

That would be so great. You got me laughing hard at that one XD
Small Talk

Postby JackleApp » 14 Jul 2011 19:08

WoodenToaster wrote:Can I ask for a partner in this thread? I am anyway, would love collab with anypony here, give me a bell!

I'm free if you're interested o:
Image DA MAGIKS
JackleApp

Postby Makkon » 14 Jul 2011 19:42

Don't pass that pair up, DO IT!
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby General Mumble » 15 Jul 2011 01:48

JackleApp wrote:
WoodenToaster wrote:Can I ask for a partner in this thread? I am anyway, would love collab with anypony here, give me a bell!

I'm free if you're interested o:

This song is already beautiful.
Something, something, ponies.
Something, something, friendship.
General Mumble

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Poo

Postby Circuitfry » 15 Jul 2011 02:14

Small Talk wrote:Well, I'm a beatboxer, so if anypony want's to attempt to work with me, I'll try and make it happen!

Want... to... beatbox... battle... so... bad... but... must... not... bite... off... more... than... I... can... chew...

EDIT: OH GOD I'M CONSIDERING IT...

EDIT 2:
Small Talk wrote:
Pinkie Cake wrote:Actualy I have time, and lots of it (no work, no education, 100% free time). I think we could try to give it a go.

Sounds alright with me then. Just let me know when you'd like to work, I'm on my computer all the time, so I'll most likely be free to do so.

WELP I GUESS THAT SOLVES MY DILEMMA. <3
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Postby Aussie » 15 Jul 2011 02:36

Oh whoopsies, forgot to mention that I'm collabing with Marking Dude now.
Aussie

Postby Small Talk » 15 Jul 2011 04:17

Circuitfry wrote:

Want... to... beatbox... battle... so... bad... but... must... not... bite... off... more... than... I... can... chew...

EDIT: OH GOD I'M CONSIDERING IT...

EDIT 2:
Small Talk wrote:

WELP I GUESS THAT SOLVES MY DILEMMA. <3

NOOOOOOO!!! And here I was thinking over the past couple days how much I would love to befriend Circuitfry because his style is the closest mine comes too D:
Oh well. Love your stuff anyways Circuit, maybe next round <3
Small Talk

Postby WoodenToaster » 15 Jul 2011 10:11

Me and JackleApp are gonna be collabing.
WoodenToaster

Postby Interrobang Pie » 15 Jul 2011 10:28

MAKKON. BBCODE TABLES. THIS IS BECOMING A MESS. PLEEEEEEEAAAAASE.

EDIT: NOT EVEN TABLES CAN SAVE US NOW - CIRCUIT AND MARKINGDUDE JUST KILLED THE ORGANISATION (See, I put the people who are collabbing with more than one person first. Both Circuit and markingdude are collabbing with one other person. HNNNNNNNNNG)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Circuitfry » 16 Jul 2011 14:01

Interrobang Pie wrote:NOT EVEN TABLES CAN SAVE US NOW - CIRCUIT AND MARKINGDUDE JUST KILLED THE ORGANISATION
Interrobang Pie wrote:CIRCUIT AND MARKINGDUDE JUST KILLED THE ORGANISATION
Interrobang Pie wrote:CIRCUIT AND MARKINGDUDE
Interrobang Pie wrote:CIRCUIT
Small Talk wrote:NOOOOOOO!!! And here I was thinking over the past couple days how much I would love to befriend Circuitfry because his style is the closest mine comes too
Small Talk wrote:I was thinking over the past couple days how much I would love to befriend Circuitfry
Small Talk wrote:I would love to befriend Circuitfry
Small Talk wrote:befriend Circuitfry
Small Talk wrote:befriend
... You know what? :twisted:

\
Circuitfry

Postby Makkon » 16 Jul 2011 14:38

All I can say is:

:O

I'M WORKING ON THE TABLES, HOLD ON
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Overkillius » 16 Jul 2011 16:02

Overkillius and penguindf12 are collabing (with senator myth)
> Music Youtube! <
>>>> Tumblr! <<<<
Overkillius wrote:The bad thing about music... is that it is subjective.
The good thing about music... is that it is subjective!
Overkillius

Primary: Reaper, Famitracker
Cutie Mark: #9 Chords

Postby Pinkie Cake » 16 Jul 2011 17:23

Pinkie Cake & Small Talk are doing a collab
Pinkie Cake

Postby Small Talk » 16 Jul 2011 17:55

Pinkie Cake wrote:Pinkie Cake & Small Talk are doing a collab

And you beat me to it. RARGH.
Small Talk

Postby FoozogzPepperBrony » 17 Jul 2011 01:05

I would like a collab partner. I'm not that picky for this kind of thing.
DAW: Ableton
HELLO, OLD FRIENDS~
FoozogzPepperBrony

Postby Circuitfry » 17 Jul 2011 16:14

FoozogzPepperBrony wrote:I would like a collab partner. I'm not that picky for this kind of thing.

We both use LMMS. I could provide some synth presets to help you out!

\
Circuitfry

PreviousNext

Return to Remix War