A Chance For Y'all To Get On Beatport

Post Midis, project files, samples, stems, here. Also great place to request collaboration or specific files/sounds.

A Chance For Y'all To Get On Beatport

Postby Proctra » 07 Aug 2013 13:04

Over the next couple weeks before my label smacks me over the head to get the rest of my EP, I will be hosting somewhat of a contest for remixing one of the songs coming out on this EP (Your choice). I have stems for them all ready so if you're interested in getting on beatport, and exposing yourself to the professional industry leave a reply for which song you wish to remix and I'll pm you the stems. This will last 2 weeks (the 21st) and will be judged by me, myself and I. I will only except the best so do your best. For all wondering what will be released, and what is to be remixed I present to you a supersecretlinkofjustice:

http://proctra.bandcamp.com/album/sucker-punch
*Bandcamp is used for promotional purposes only

On a sidenote this is open format so go nuts...as long as you stay away from speedcore...
I got the dankest beets yo diggidy
Proctra

Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: Eggplant

Re: A Chance For Y'all To Get On Beatport

Postby itroitnyah » 07 Aug 2013 13:36

What label? You don't have anything about a label or signing on your touyube, coundsloud or candbamp. And how will this help us get onto beatport and "exposing ourselves to the professional industry". I can go onto beatport anytime and create an account.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Freewave » 07 Aug 2013 13:55

Gotta hand it to him, this is one flashy way for a newb to request for remixes. I too echno the sentiment that itroitnyah brought up. :D
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Proctra » 07 Aug 2013 14:18

itroitnyah wrote:What label? You don't have anything about a label or signing on your touyube, coundsloud or candbamp. And how will this help us get onto beatport and "exposing ourselves to the professional industry". I can go onto beatport anytime and create an account.

I can get you in contact with them if you like head over here and check them out! https://soundcloud.com/inception-records

Cool guys. I feel no need to represent them more then I did. If I were not signed then I wouldnt post here. The only reason I am posting here is because I'm looking for remixes, and after jossling around this site once or twice, I decided to post it up.

Last edited by Proctra on 07 Aug 2013 14:25, edited 1 time in total.
Proctra

Postby itroitnyah » 07 Aug 2013 14:25

I went and checked them out. One of the first songs I listened to sounds like it has somewhat mediocre mixing, the composition is good, but it otherwise isn't the best. Thanks, but I'll pass.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Nine Volt » 07 Aug 2013 14:26

Sorry Procta, but people don't tend to get very interested in remix contests from new members. It's nothing personal but I don't see many people doing this.

EDIT:
The label manager guy misspelled "your" as "you'r" twice, with both your and you're. How do you do that?
Nine Volt

Postby Proctra » 07 Aug 2013 14:33

Nine Volt wrote:EDIT:
The label manager guy misspelled "your" as "you'r" twice, with both your and you're. How do you do that?

There are some people in the world that are not originally from America believe it or not.

If it's being new to this site that will stunt a post here then that's fine with me, there are more then this community willing to take this opportunity.
Proctra

Postby Nine Volt » 07 Aug 2013 14:37

Proctra wrote:
Nine Volt wrote:EDIT:

There are some people in the world that are not originally from America believe it or not.

Wow, I didn't realize America was the only English speaking country in the world. That's news to me. Also it's kind of funny how you assume I'm from America. I am, but I find it odd how you assume that.

I expect label managers to be fluent in the language they're operating in though, makes them look more professional. I'm going to pass as well.

If it's being new to this site that will stunt a post here then that's fine with me, there are more then this community willing to take this opportunity.

It's not you being new, per se, but it's the fact that we've had some bad experiences with new members just trying to use this community to gain free remixes. So if you would establish yourself as a member in the community we would be more inclined to consider this.
Nine Volt

Postby Proctra » 07 Aug 2013 14:40

Nine Volt wrote:There are some people in the world that are not originally from America believe it or not.

Wow, I didn't realize America was the only English speaking country in the world. That's news to me. Also it's kind of funny how you assume I'm from America. I am, but I find it odd how you assume that.

I expect label managers to be fluent in the language they're operating in though, makes them look more professional. I'm going to pass as well.[/quote]
Assumptions on top of assumptions, if you think I assumed anything you're wrong.
Proctra

Postby Nine Volt » 07 Aug 2013 14:43

Proctra wrote:
Nine Volt wrote:

I expect label managers to be fluent in the language they're operating in though, makes them look more professional. I'm going to pass as well.

Assumptions on top of assumptions, if you think I assumed anything you're wrong.

Fixed that for you.

I do think you assumed something, as you explicitly said "some people in the world are not from America" instead of "some people in the world don't speak English as a first language". It seems like you assumed I was American, plus the implied belief that America is the only English speaking country (or at least the only one to properly use "your" and "you're").

Please try not to avoid my other points in the future, especially when they pertain more to the topic of the thread.
Nine Volt

Postby CDPP » 07 Aug 2013 14:46

The thread delved into an argument within the first 3 replies. Pretty sure that's a new record.
CDPP

Postby Nine Volt » 07 Aug 2013 14:47

CDPP wrote:The thread delved into an argument within the first 3 replies. Pretty sure that's a new record.

New record!!!

Would you like to save?
> Yes <
No

I'm gonna take this opportunity to report my own post for being off-topic.
Nine Volt

Postby vladnuke » 07 Aug 2013 14:49

Nine volt why yo ass gotta be hating erry time i see you gotdamn.
vladnuke

Postby Nine Volt » 07 Aug 2013 14:51

vladnuke wrote:Nine volt why yo ass gotta be hating erry time i see you gotdamn.

Because I'm a dick and don't sugarcoat shit.
Nine Volt

Postby Proctra » 07 Aug 2013 15:08

CDPP wrote:The thread delved into an argument within the first 3 replies. Pretty sure that's a new record.

Praise the lord.
Proctra

Postby Freewave » 07 Aug 2013 15:19

Yeah this started bad and went downhill WAY too fast. We really discourage outside spam (commercial endeavors) coming to setup shop by new members. By all means it looks like you are a brony musician so i welcome you to post more more about music and get to know people on the board and less about get rich/famous quick plans that we're quite tired of hearing being tossed our way.

And Nine Volt knock it off. :(
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Return to Sharing is Magic