[UPDATE] Need help with a cover of an MoD song

Post Midis, project files, samples, stems, here. Also great place to request collaboration or specific files/sounds.

[UPDATE] Need help with a cover of an MoD song

Postby archaephyrryx » 24 Jul 2013 21:45

I have been working on a cover/parody of a song by Midwives of Discord featuring IBeABronyRapper (AKA ConCept), Swaggot. My cover, entitled Maggot, tells the tale of a completely psychopathic cult-member who awakens ancient horrors from beyond the mortal plane through countless human (pony?) sacrifices. I know, pretty chill stuff. I just wanted to post up the lyrics as they stand, as I would very much like to have any comments and advice this wonderful community has to offer me. I plan on finishing this track soon after getting the lyrics finalized, though I might need someone to master it for me, as the vocals in the original aren't raw (they are slightly distorted and modulated to add a creepy effect). Below you will find the lyrics themselves in a GDoc, which anyone can comment on.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ovuXbwhTtNzzLV8JcplJP7yudWvQzklDl1mRk0DZS3E/edit?usp=sharing

The original song is here:

A poet strangely obsessed with writing lyrics
Work on parodies and (free but credited) commissions
archaephyrryx

Re: [UPDATE] Need help with a cover of an MoD song

Postby Nine Volt » 24 Jul 2013 21:49

Why did you make a new thread?
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5658
Nine Volt

Re: [UPDATE] Need help with a cover of an MoD song

Postby Freewave » 25 Jul 2013 07:18

I agree we don't need 2 threads for the same subject matter. Please use your original thread for your request and feel free to edit it if you want to keep it current or change the subject matter of your request.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Return to Sharing is Magic