MiAmore: REVIVAL, BANDCAMP, SOUNDCLOUD, COMMUNITY

Post Midis, project files, samples, stems, here. Also great place to request collaboration or specific files/sounds.

MiAmore: REVIVAL, BANDCAMP, SOUNDCLOUD, COMMUNITY

Postby Viricide Filly » 10 Jul 2013 12:35

EDIT: original posted deleted.
I tried my best but it wasn't quite enough.
Last edited by Viricide Filly on 10 Jul 2013 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Re: MiAmore: REVIVAL, BANDCAMP, SOUNDCLOUD, COMMUNITY

Postby airdropmusic » 10 Jul 2013 12:37

Whoo! Let's get this party started!
airdropmusic

Primary: Live 9
Cutie Mark: Ambient shit

Postby Viricide Filly » 10 Jul 2013 13:06

eery wrote:Seems pretty cool, but I have some questions, ignore them if you want to, I dont have any intention of stopping your hype, Im just geniunely curios.

• 1. What kind of music are you looking for? Is it just everything goes?In that case, that seems like a bad idea, since if everything goes, theres no specific sound to the label semi-label, and listeners dont know what to expect. This is bad, as typical listeners generally know what they like, and they stick to that.
  • 2. What benefit does the artist gain from this, over putting it on their own bandcamp, soundcloud, whatever? You are going to put it collective pages, but as its current standing, this isnt very helpful from a promotional perspective. When listeners go out to find music, esspeccially brony music listeners, they're going to search for artists and songs, not labels.
  • 3.You say you want to start off new artists with the help of this, and have artist learn from eachother in beautiful harmonical interaction, which makes me wonder what this really is. Is this a label, where you want to collect a certain style of sound, as to get people knowing what to expect, so they can explore the other artists in the label, and find similar sounding stuff, or is it MLR 2.0, a place to get feedback and try to learn? It doesn't seem like you really know what you want to do with this.

Lastly, I wish you all the luck in the world with the project, and whatever vision you have with it, I hope you may achieve it.

1. Electronic music. The preferred genres are house, electro, dubstep and their respective spin-offs/sub-genres/similar genres.
2. The label isn't going to consist of much brony or pony related music anyway. When I search for music on bandcamp (like others do, trust me), I may come across a single or album uploaded to a collective bandcamp, which encourages me to check out all their other music too. Musicians can easily uploaded promoted songs to their own channels too, the soundcloud and youtube are to essentially signal boost their music. The musicians will link to the single/EP/album on their video, and viewers will see that it's a collective label, and in theory will check out other music by other artists etc and so on.
3. The MiAmore community was around far before the label was started and we don't really want to discard the idea of it, so we kept it. It's more-or-less seperate, some musicians on the chat still upload their music themselves. Only a few, though. The community is far less big than MLR with less differences in genre, seeing as they're all electronic, so it's easier for them to help eachother. I just thought I'd put in a bit about the community type thing as a seperate option if the label doesn't appeal to you.

Hope this answered your questions. If not, I'm a dumbass :L
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Postby JSynth » 10 Jul 2013 13:46

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but we did just address two other groups like this.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby Captain Ironhelm » 10 Jul 2013 13:54

How is promotion going to work? Currently the pages you linked don't have much of a following at all. Is it mainly on the fact of collectively bringing the artists already established audiences together? Most artists that are eager for promotion don't have much of a following to bring to the table in the first place.
Captain Ironhelm

Postby Viricide Filly » 10 Jul 2013 13:56

How do you propose we get a following then? We did only just set this up and we signal boosted to MLR to get some kind of following anyway.

@JSynth

You don't think I know that? Also, they're primarily for brony music. Newsflash, not many people produce brony music anymore o3o3o3o3o3o3o3o3o3o
In all fairness, we DID just spend ages assembling a team and getting art and stuff ready for you to just go "dis is like everythin' else" when it clearly isn't.
We breakfast is e

Viricide Filly

Postby airdropmusic » 10 Jul 2013 14:05

Captain Ironhelm wrote:How is promotion going to work? Currently the pages you linked don't have much of a following at all. Is it mainly on the fact of collectively bringing the artists already established audiences together? Most artists that are eager for promotion don't have much of a following to bring to the table in the first place.

We're not looking for major artists with a following at all- we're mostly promoting those who doan't have a following. I mean, we're open to musicians with followings, but that is not at all the focus.
airdropmusic

Postby airdropmusic » 10 Jul 2013 14:49

eery wrote:1. Electronic music. The preferred genres are house, electro, dubstep and their respective spin-offs/sub-genres/similar genres.

So generic electronic music? Like every other label on here has tried to promote and ultimately fail, since finding generic electronic music isnt really hard. You end up just being a middleman rather than a point of purpose.

We really take anything if it's good. We might end up with a more... focused focus, but whether it's ambient or d&b, if it's good, we'll take it.

2. The label isn't going to consist of much brony or pony related music anyway.
Im starting to lose a bit of the point then, if its not focused around pony. I mean, there are loads of generic edm networks or labels,tasty network, monstercat, owlsa, or what have you, that listeners would be way more attracted to due to their huger popularity, and general better quality. For a listener, its not very attractive. I just dont think you can compete with these for a listener. If you had it as pony, it would be more of a casual thing, and it would have an attractive niche.
Casual listeners do not really care about supporting growing artists, sure it might be that they will show support for them, but ultimately they care about the music, and the care about listening to good music.

Pony is fine. Like I said, we take anything if it's good. It's not going to be only pony. We will only take good stuff, too- I don't know why you think we'd take stuff that's not good.

Musicians can easily uploaded promoted songs to their own channels too, the soundcloud and youtube are to essentially signal boost their music. The musicians will link to the single/EP/album on their video, and viewers will see that it's a collective label, and in theory will check out other music by other artists etc and so on.

Eh, in that case, the opposite is happening though. The label isnt promoting the musicians, the musicians is promoting the label. Which is nice and all, but it isnt attractive for most artists, as I figure they'd rather just put something out, and be done with it.

I see what you mean, but how else will anyone find the label? Word of mouth only does so much, especially for a beginning label like MiAmore.

3. The MiAmore community was around far before the label was started and we don't really want to discard the idea of it, so we kept it.
It's more-or-less seperate, some musicians on the chat still upload their music themselves. Only a few, though. The community is far less big than MLR with less differences in genre, seeing as they're all electronic, so it's easier for them to help eachother.

Basically, you're a group of friends, and you like to make music and share this music together? Thats cool, but do you really think a label is what you want?

We've gone through this already within the group. The community is basically the label's equivalent of an IRC chat- just based on Skype. It's just where we discuss the label.

I just thought I'd put in a bit about the community type thing as a seperate option if the label doesn't appeal to you.

I make breakcore or glitch or some shit, i dont even know, doubt it would fit on your thing.*hipsterglasses*

If it's good, it fits.

We're not looking for major artists with a following at all- we're mostly promoting those who doan't have a following. I mean, we're open to musicians with followings, but that is not at all the focus.

If you're not looking for people with an already big following, and you're relying on artist to promote your label, how on earth are you going to get your artists promotion?

One artist's song --link--> Label --links--> Other artists' songs.

And we're not excluding people with big followings, we're just not only focusing on them.
airdropmusic

Postby itroitnyah » 10 Jul 2013 21:09

Man, good luck with this. I'm not even sure how you would promote this channel. I'm only really familiar with how to promote stuff within the fandom, lul
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby simonli2575 » 10 Jul 2013 21:11

Viricide Filly wrote:EDIT: original posted deleted.
I tried my best but it wasn't quite enough.

Dead again.
http://soundcloud.com/simonli2575
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
Software: FL Studio, Z3ta+2 & Massive
Hardware: Roland 800-Pro and a computer
Genres: Drum 'n' Bass and occasionally Jungle
Genres I want to try out: Dubstep, Breakcore, Hardstyle and Trap
Alycs made my new avatar. \o/
simonli2575

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Why are you staring at my ass

Postby Viricide Filly » 11 Jul 2013 04:10

No, we're just sick of trying to show you guys this stuff.
We breakfast is e

Viricide Filly

Postby Freewave » 11 Jul 2013 10:34

There's nothing wrong with not trying to be a music label and being a music collective (friends who have a skype group, who list each other on their ytubes, reblog each other, and work together). A lot of people do that and it works for them.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Return to Sharing is Magic