[Casting Call] My Little Musical

Post Midis, project files, samples, stems, here. Also great place to request collaboration or specific files/sounds.

[Casting Call] My Little Musical

Postby djbtown » 14 Jun 2013 16:56

Hi everypony! It's been a while since I've been on MLR, but I'm really excited about this project I've been composing for, and I want to let you all know about it!

After spending nearly two years in development, it is my pleasure to announce open auditions for "My Little Musical!" "My Little Musical" is an original two-act audio production, planned for release as a digital concept album. We're looking to come as close as possible to the sound of an "original cast recording" of a Broadway-style musical, complete with a full pit orchestra.

Now that the music and book are approaching completion, we are in need of artists to help make this project come to life! That means we're looking for voice actors, singers, musicians, and sound editors and mixers!

For the PDFs of audition materials and other information, please visit our website at http://mylittlemusical.tumblr.com! Hope to see you there!
djbtown

Re: [Casting Call] My Little Musical

Postby itroitnyah » 15 Jun 2013 06:24

Wow, this actually looks like it has a ton of potential, it's well thought out, I can really see this going places. I don't think I'll be participating in this though, I'm a bit busy with other things. I would love to see this proceed though, good luck with everything!

One thing I don't understand though, is how you're going to put this on. Are you going to raise money to have all the chosen VA flown to a stage somewhere where you all will actually perform it, or is it just going to be a recording?
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Rapid City » 16 Jun 2013 12:28

The latter. Each singer or musician will be recording their parts separately - kind of a long-distance cast and pit!
My Little Musical Composer
If you're reading this now, we're seeking musicians and producers!
[Casting Call | General Info]
Rapid City

Postby Viricide Filly » 16 Jun 2013 14:55

The only pony I can voice act is Braeburn.
Although I've not done it in a while, when I did I've been told it's near-perfect.
Dunno if that'd help at all.
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby S.P.P » 16 Jun 2013 16:13

I can attempt voice acting, I can sing, I can play guitar, and I can mix and all that junk.

This does sound like a solid idea, I'm interested to see how it pans out!
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby Pickslide1992 » 16 Jun 2013 21:45

I think I might just try out for electric guitar.
Hey guys, new YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/PowerChordEPS

Gear:
2003 Gibson SG
Line 6 PodXT
FL Studio

Styles: Rock, metal, pop, new wave
Pickslide1992

Postby StevenAD » 17 Jun 2013 14:18

You guys need need NEED to talk to Awkward Marina if you haven't already. This is like the perfect thing for her.
RIP Kiki Havivy. You will be missed...
StevenAD

Postby MilesTiden » 01 Jul 2013 00:36

Hmm... This is right up my alley, but I would need to at least buy a better mic if I'm going to try out. By the way, what would be the policy on switching instrumentation around a little bit? Because I can play the clarinet, bassoon, french horn, and baritone saxiphone all with a decent level of proficiency, but it may be a bit of a problem just tracking them down so I can record with them. The only one I have on hand right at this moment is the french horn, which I can possibly cover the trombone/trumpet parts on, at least to some extent, to beef up the horn section if possible. Also, I have access to a large number of auxillary and pit percussion instruments that I could probably borrow without much difficulty.

EDIT: Oh. Never mind. Just looked at the deadline. :<
MilesTiden

Primary: Not really
Cutie Mark: Nope

Postby Rapid City » 01 Jul 2013 21:40

Actually, you're in luck! We have decided to extend the deadline for musicians and sound designers.

MilesTiden: You're welcome to try out on baritone sax if you think you'd be able to play it on a few tracks. Just send in the tryout stuff for the other saxes.
Rapid City

Postby MilesTiden » 01 Jul 2013 23:05

How far has the deadline been extended? I just need to know so I can get the stuff I need. I have a decent area to record, but I would still need to get a better mic and rent a better bari sax.
MilesTiden

Primary: Not really
Cutie Mark: Nope

Postby Rapid City » 02 Jul 2013 09:34

The ballpark date is July 14. Don't sweat the mic too much - it doesn't have to be top-dollar megastudio quality. As long as it's clear and static-free it oughta work!

Looking forward to hearing your audition.
Rapid City

Return to Sharing is Magic