MiAmore Media: The non-parody music promotion channel.

Post Midis, project files, samples, stems, here. Also great place to request collaboration or specific files/sounds.

MiAmore Media: The non-parody music promotion channel.

Postby Viricide Filly » 08 May 2013 05:31

Okay, so I bet you're thinking "Oh god, it's another one of those channels like EKF..."
NO.

This channel was set up by three friends who are talented but underrated and under-the-radar brony musicians. The goal: To show people that brony music, GOOD brony music, could be promoted without parodying other well-known channels or being idiots with no real idea of what they're doing.
The music we promote is judged by three musicians: Viricide Filly, Derpex and Flamechaser. You might only have heard of one of us, and we wouldn't blame you. That's why we set up MiAmore.
We used to be part of a promotion channel named "MonsterBronyMedia". This was ran by one person who had no idea about music, really, and after around 3-4 months the channel was effectively abandoned. That channel uploaded music from well-known musicians such as Icky, Vinyl Scratch, Six of Lasers etc WITHOUT their set-in-stone consent.

THE MUSIC THAT WE UPLOAD CAN BE OF ANY. GENRE. SERIOUSLY. We're not biased towards electronic music, or dubstep, or house etc. We put the genre at the end of each song title so people don't accidentally click on a piece of music that they themselves dislike.

MiAmore Media promises that NO music will be uploaded unless we ask and get a positive reply (eg: We asked Royalpony if we could upload "Love Of Many" at some point. He said yes.), or unless it submitted to us via [email protected].

Another reason for MiAmore was to set up a good, friendly, positive and highly active community in which lesser known musicians could trade advice, start collabs or in some actual cases, start up groups in which they could create music together under a new name. The community, originally set up in Skype, consists of many friendly faces of all nationalities and preferred genres. Unlike many skype groups in which loads of people are crammed in while hardly talking or communicating, the MiAmore community works hard to provide a welcoming and at times extremely HILARIOUS group. If you wish to join, just give me a buzz on my skype name DS26662 and you'll be added quicker than you can say "huehuehue i bet its anuther ded chat"

The channel is here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MiAmoreMedia We currently only have two songs up but our plan for just now anyway is to upload daily.
A soundcloud will be set up soon, and maybe even a bandcamp for compilation albums from the artists featured on the site. And EVENTUALLY, a website.

Disclaimer for the hell of it: We are NOT trying to be like EKF. What EKF does is it uploads music without the artist's consent, and then uploads sub-par quality music just because the creators of EKF made it. They never hesitate to post the latest skorp or blaze song and are biased towards electronic music only.

If you choose to submit to the channel or become a part of the community, we will be VERY grateful, but even a subscribe will allow us to grow into the well-known promotion channel we hope to be. Thanks for reading!!

tl;dr i made a channel it posts brony music it's not a parody it's a good community https://www.youtube.com/user/MiAmoreMedia?feature=
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Re: MiAmore Media: The non-parody music promotion channel.

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 08 May 2013 05:35

This is a good idea.

That Monster Brony media thing was an absolute joke.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby CDPP » 08 May 2013 06:47

Basically, what TLK would be if it were a channel?
CDPP

Postby Viricide Filly » 08 May 2013 06:55

Bit simplified, but if you want to put it that way sure :P
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Postby colortwelve » 08 May 2013 07:16

I like this idea. Interested to see how you plan to really get your material out there... And considering submitting a few things :3

At any rate, good luck and godspeed, I really hope that this turns out to be a successful experiment.
Youtube -- Soundcloud -- Tumblr -- Bandcamp (new album out!)

I can't feel my brain.
colortwelve

Postby Viricide Filly » 08 May 2013 08:19

Me too, and feel free to submit anything! We need as much music as possible to make this grow.
We breakfast is e

Viricide Filly

Postby ExoBassTix » 08 May 2013 14:27

I want one thing clarified.
Brony music, as in, not (necessarily) pony but brony music?
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Viricide Filly » 08 May 2013 14:33

Uhm...I've been asked about this a lot, and I'm not too sure. But, I suppose we could make an exception for really good songs that aren't really pony.
We breakfast is e

Viricide Filly

Postby itroitnyah » 08 May 2013 14:49

As much good intention this has, I don't really think it will get very far :\ Not many brony promotion channels do, as shown by EFK and Monsterbrony media. Bronies have EqD and EqDM for music, and that's pretty much enough for them, the only other real promotional places that are popular are the one "Top 20" video things that Saberspark or jhaller2 do. But I wish you guys the best of luck.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Viricide Filly » 08 May 2013 15:02

eery wrote:What classifies pony anyways? Like, in electronic, orchestral and other music which doesnt have or focus on vocals, what is pony and what isn't? I mean, sampling before a drop gets old, you dont want a million remixes of bad seed, and vocal glitching also gets old.

Like, if I say that I had bonbon in mind when I made a track, would that be acceptable, or does it have to sample "AH DIDNT PUT DOSE IN MAH BAAAAHG"?

Of course it would be accepted? :I
We breakfast is e

Viricide Filly

Postby Freewave » 09 May 2013 08:07

eery wrote:What classifies pony anyways? Like, in electronic, orchestral and other music which doesnt have or focus on vocals, what is pony and what isn't? I mean, sampling before a drop gets old, you dont want a million remixes of bad seed, and vocal glitching also gets old.

Like, if I say that I had bonbon in mind when I made a track, would that be acceptable, or does it have to sample "AH DIDNT PUT DOSE IN MAH BAAAAHG"?

Pony is simply channeling some element of the MLP universe (a character, a scene, crossover, or even a fannon) into song in an EFFECTIVE way that it makes sense within the song. Even a song commenting on the brony community should qualify as its about us a collective. It's just like fanfiction does in words , we do it in music. It's harder to do with an instrumental of course but its quite possible if the description of the song FITS the music. Throwing some electro house together and then throwing Gummy on the ytube isn't the same and is quite a bit more half-assed. Make the music match the concept that's somehow related to mlp.

You can look at my blog post if you want as it goes into more detail about what makes a brony musician or in this older thread about what makes a song "pony". It's really the cornerstone of our community so when people still don't know how to do it it's a bit disappointing.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Ozzwald » 10 May 2013 14:02

Oh hey, look, it's another one of these.
Ozzwald

Postby CDPP » 10 May 2013 14:11

Out of all the threads to bless your 3rd ever forum post with, you decided on this one. What
CDPP

Postby Mush » 12 May 2013 05:12

This is the reason we have judges. Of course we will take into account what reasons went behind making a track, as instrumentals have as much a place in brony music as vocal tracks. When a track is submitted, they look at all aspects of it, the make up, theme, sound and artist. Most of the time, if you made it about ponies, it would get in, even if it was instrumental and had no samples.

However, there is a huge difference in between MLP instrumental tracks and an instrumental track with an MLP title.
Mad tunes on my channel yo.
Mush's YouTube

Pixels are your friend, buy them a beer.

Hey, want to chat? Add me on skype: stevenmagnet
Mush

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Synthesis

Postby Flamechaser » 15 May 2013 09:25

itroitnyah wrote:As much good intention this has, I don't really think it will get very far :\ Not many brony promotion channels do, as shown by EFK and Monsterbrony media. Bronies have EqD and EqDM for music, and that's pretty much enough for them, the only other real promotional places that are popular are the one "Top 20" video things that Saberspark or jhaller2 do. But I wish you guys the best of luck.

You could be right, but 50 subscribers in under a week is a pretty good start IMO.
:P
http://soundcloud.com/flamechaser
Flamechaser? Nope, Chuck Testa.
Flamechaser

Postby DJ Skrudge » 15 May 2013 09:47

Well, I'm warming up to this idea, if only because 'MiAmore Media' sounds classy and doesn't make me cringe like MonsterBrony and EKF.

Once I finish something decent (in the far, far future), I'll definitely give this a shot.

brb subscribing
I worship Fluttershy.
DJ Skrudge

Postby Freewave » 15 May 2013 10:12

eery wrote:What classifies pony anyways? Like, if I say that I had bonbon in mind when I made a track, would that be acceptable, or does it have to sample "AH DIDNT PUT DOSE IN MAH BAAAAHG"?

Dude don't try to steal my past idea! I have de trademarks!!EFWEAFWEF!! :evil: :lol:

Seriously, this is a decent idea but it's going to be hard to really make an impact unless people really support it and its got enough of a angle (both musicians who submit and watch and people who will check it out each week. If you're doing the any genre / any style approach it's going to be hard to argue that its worth submitting to OVER eqdmusic or eqd motd for views. If you're going to be going after specific stuff (alternative, experimental, non traditional genres, etc) that's a lot more niche and could better pay off. As always i wish you best of luck but think clearly who your audience and submitters are and if you can tailor that down to something less generic then "good brony music by lesser knowns", it could help. ;)
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Conduit » 15 May 2013 20:11

I like this idea, if you guys want I could make you a nice logo / cover art thing.

Also expect me to be submitting some stuff in the future, once I get back into writing about colorful horses.

Here's a quick example of the type of stuff I do. (I'm actually really unhappy with how this one looks, and obviously I wouldn't use a copyrighted image for the actual one. Some of my better stuff can be found in the doodles section.)

https://soundcloud.com/flatflish/a-warm-past

DAW: Logic 9
Vst's: Absynth, Battery, FM8, Guitar Rig, Kontakt, Massive, Maschine
Real Instruments: Acoustic/Electric Guitar, Cello, Piano

YoutubeSoundcloudTutors ThreadSkype: FlatflishImage
Conduit

Primary: Logic Pro 9
Cutie Mark: Strings

Postby Viricide Filly » 16 May 2013 07:31

Flatflish wrote:I like this idea, if you guys want I could make you a nice logo / cover art thing.

Also expect me to be submitting some stuff in the future, once I get back into writing about colorful horses.

Here's a quick example of the type of stuff I do. (I'm actually really unhappy with how this one looks, and obviously I wouldn't use a copyrighted image for the actual one. Some of my better stuff can be found in the doodles section.)

Well we actually have a logo and video design that right now we're happy with. We wanted to go for a retro 80s style feel for the artwork for the channel ^^
We breakfast is e

Viricide Filly

Postby JSynth » 16 May 2013 14:21

I should try sending something in. Who knows.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby JacksonMiller » 17 May 2013 16:14

Where can I send it?
I barely go on this website nowadays...

Soundcloud
ToneDen
Twitter
Facebook

JacksonMiller

Primary: FL Studio 11 (formerly Reason)
Cutie Mark: Da fuq's a cutie mark?

Postby Viricide Filly » 18 May 2013 08:18

[email protected] or you can inbox the channel ^^
We breakfast is e

Viricide Filly

Return to Sharing is Magic