Forming a small group for an EP project [COMPLETED]

Post Midis, project files, samples, stems, here. Also great place to request collaboration or specific files/sounds.

Forming a small group for an EP project [COMPLETED]

Postby CrashDistortion » 08 Jan 2013 23:29

Hello! I am Crash D., a.k.a. Sean James. I am currently looking at making a small EP... of acoustically produced/ electronically mimicked metal, hard and alternative rock. I myself am a producer who makes all of his music with a mic and a laptop, but when I first began writing music, it was heavily influenced (and still is) by alternative rock. It has been on my mind a lot lately, so here is my challenge to anyone with some free time:

Make an EP of various forms of rock, consisting of anywhere from 5-10 tracks (preferably around 5). I am currently using Reason 6, which is absolutely amazing at mimicking real instruments with the magic of samples. I still need the following people:

1. A guitarist
2. a vocalist
3. an OPTIONAL bass player

I will be in charge of percussion, mixing, mastering, other instruments (violins, synth-based guitars, saxophones, mandolins, whatever else I feel necessary to put into a song) and preparing the other aspects of making a CD, like art, distribution of the music (digitally and through local stores) and basically being an intolerable micromanager. No, scratch that last one.

The songs would be pony based, which weirdly enough, is new to me. I have been a hardcore brony for going on a year now, but my music never reflected ponies much.

This will be more of a side project to ensure that myself and other members get done with their own personal music.

DISCLAIMER TIME: Anyone who wishes to participate should know that my style of writing is very.... "distinct". Which is to say just flat out weird for the most part. I have mellowed out a bit now, but if I make any musical suggestion that sounds bad, other members may veto it.

I have been producing music close to 3 years now (about 2 and a half). I'd like the experience of the other members to be at par with or above my own. If you have less but you can prove that you're better or at par quality wise, I won't hesitate to listen to any kind of demo.

If interested, respond to this thread and/or add me on Skype so that arrangements may be made. I hope to get this project taking off full blast beginning mid to late February.

Lastly my OC has a hat and gas mask, which yields some pretty friggin' sweet album art. I know you wish to be part of that.

Cheers!

-Crash
Last edited by CrashDistortion on 10 Jan 2013 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
Sean James: Dropping the Bass Since 2010
5COPY is Ghay EP
DarkScape EP
Berlin EP
~Generic Stuff~
CrashDistortion

Re: Forming a small group for an EP project

Postby vaceslav » 09 Jan 2013 03:33

Dude...

I'm all about forms of weird rock.

I'd be able to do any of the roles listed above, but would probably best suited to vocals (I'm not a brilliant instrumentalist).

Check out the first three songs on my soundcloud and, if you reckon I'd fit in, I'm interested.
Youtube
Soundcloud
vaceslav

Primary: Ableton
Cutie Mark: Safety Pin

Postby CrashDistortion » 09 Jan 2013 10:47

vaceslav wrote:Dude...

I'm all about forms of weird rock.

I'd be able to do any of the roles listed above, but would probably best suited to vocals (I'm not a brilliant instrumentalist).

Check out the first three songs on my soundcloud and, if you reckon I'd fit in, I'm interested.

Hired for vocalist. First come first serve basis as long as you don't suck, which you don't. So yeh, Skype: crashdistortion.

Thanks!
5COPY is Ghay EP
DarkScape EP
Berlin EP
~Generic Stuff~
CrashDistortion

Postby Penumbrah » 09 Jan 2013 23:21

I'm a bassist if you need one. Been playing bass for a few years now.
Soundcloud
Follow me on tumblr as well, I get lonely...
Youtube
Always up for talking to new people, so don't be a stranger!
Penumbrah

Postby Pickslide1992 » 10 Jan 2013 10:28

I can handle guitars. What kind of guitars do you need?
Hey guys, new YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/PowerChordEPS

Gear:
2003 Gibson SG
Line 6 PodXT
FL Studio

Styles: Rock, metal, pop, new wave
Pickslide1992

Postby CrashDistortion » 10 Jan 2013 17:19

Alrighty guys, it's already formed at this point. Thanks for all the offers and help! /)
5COPY is Ghay EP
DarkScape EP
Berlin EP
~Generic Stuff~
CrashDistortion

Re: Forming a small group for an EP project [COMPLETED]

Postby Pickslide1992 » 11 Jan 2013 20:29

Do you have me on Skype? I don't think I do.
Hey guys, new YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/PowerChordEPS

Gear:
2003 Gibson SG
Line 6 PodXT
FL Studio

Styles: Rock, metal, pop, new wave
Pickslide1992

Re: Forming a small group for an EP project [COMPLETED]

Postby CrashDistortion » 11 Jan 2013 22:20

Pickslide1992 wrote:Do you have me on Skype? I don't think I do.

No, I do not. Sorry about that, Skype please? That goes for Mr. Bassist as well, sorry for the delay and the seemingly neglecting you all.
5COPY is Ghay EP
DarkScape EP
Berlin EP
~Generic Stuff~
CrashDistortion

Return to Sharing is Magic