Good Youtube Video/Sound Downloader for Vocals?

Post Midis, project files, samples, stems, here. Also great place to request collaboration or specific files/sounds.

Good Youtube Video/Sound Downloader for Vocals?

Postby Gottvich » 08 Dec 2012 18:28

I've been looking for a good youtube downloader for getting vocal samples ever since my last one seemed to stop working. Anyone know one that works well and doesn't lead to me to some clusterf**k download page with "Download Here" everywhere?

Alternatively, I was hoping for basically anything said by Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo from the campfire stories in the new episode today (12/8/12)
Gottvich

Re: Good Youtube Video/Sound Downloader for Vocals?

Postby Nine Volt » 08 Dec 2012 18:37

http://www.mlptf2mods.com/create/reference-materials

This is where all the vocal tracks for each episode are, towards the bottom of the page.

You'll have to wait a while for the new ep's vox.

I'm not sure what MLR's stance on youtube downloaders is, so I'm not going to recommend anything.
Nine Volt

Postby Captain Ironhelm » 08 Dec 2012 18:49

and also if all else fails, there's Audacity to record the stereo output.
Captain Ironhelm

Postby Gottvich » 08 Dec 2012 18:50

Nine Volt wrote:http://www.mlptf2mods.com/create/reference-materials

This is where all the vocal tracks for each episode are, towards the bottom of the page.

Ah thanks, I've been needing that
Gottvich

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 08 Dec 2012 18:50

I don't see a problem with YouTube MP3 downloaders for the most part, just the same as I don't have a problem with a Torrent client. We've got Balloon Party available on torrent, doesn't mean that's illegal, though.

YouTube to MP3 works fine. I've found a whole bunch of the oldies, Keepvid in particular have started to fail on me. Usually your best bet is to record from your soundcard at the highest video resolution in those cases.
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Nine Volt » 08 Dec 2012 18:55

Alright, well then Freemake works well for the vids that Youtube to MP3 won't convert. Freemake allows you to keep the video, or just the audio if you so choose.
Nine Volt

Postby itroitnyah » 08 Dec 2012 19:29

Or, realPlayer works fine too. But I think that you'd have to find another program to convert to mp3 for the audio files. But yeah, the mlptf2mods site linked above works amazing as well
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby Gottvich » 08 Dec 2012 20:11

Yeah, I had previously used iLivid to get vids, then ran 'em through a sound format converter. Worked well until iLivid crapped out on me. I tried getting an updated version, but something else came with it and started messing with my computer, so I stopped using them.
Gottvich

Postby Gottvich » 08 Dec 2012 20:15

Lavender_Harmony wrote:Usually your best bet is to record from your soundcard at the highest video resolution in those cases.

How would I go about doing this? I feel it's way easier than I think, but I honestly don't have a clue how.
Gottvich

Postby itroitnyah » 09 Dec 2012 08:01

Gottvich wrote:
Lavender_Harmony wrote:Usually your best bet is to record from your soundcard at the highest video resolution in those cases.

How would I go about doing this? I feel it's way easier than I think, but I honestly don't have a clue how.
play the video through your speakers and have a microphone positioned so that you can record what's coming through your speakers.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 09 Dec 2012 10:25

itroitnyah wrote:
Gottvich wrote:

play the video through your speakers and have a microphone positioned so that you can record what's coming through your speakers.

-.(\ No...

In your audio settings, you set "Stereo Mix" as an input, and use that to record your sound card output.
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.

Postby Gottvich » 09 Dec 2012 11:08

Lavender_Harmony wrote:In your audio settings, you set "Stereo Mix" as an input, and use that to record your sound card output.

I looked around with my settings and I'm led to believe my sound card won't let me record sound :/
I'll just use realPlayer for now.

My soundcard is an AMD if that helps
Gottvich

Re: I tried something interesting you can check below.

Postby daniallevi65 » 14 Jan 2021 06:22

I appreciated your professional way of writing on this topic. You have made it easy for me to understand. Good and precise info. Such a great site. It's my Blog You can Visit Here.
daniallevi65

Primary: Cockos Reaper

Return to Sharing is Magic