Need MIDI for "Good Ol' Days" (regular or instrumental)

Post Midis, project files, samples, stems, here. Also great place to request collaboration or specific files/sounds.

Need MIDI for "Good Ol' Days" (regular or instrumental)

Postby Weim_Time007 » 11 Apr 2012 01:46

Need MIDI for "Good Ol' Days" (regular or instrumental).

I have looked everywhere for it and even mustered up enough courage to ask Tomb himself for it, but to no response (perhaps he's too busy...). Whatever the reason, I would be greatly appreciative and will accredit you if someone helps me get the MIDI or .FLV of the song.

Electronic transcribing does not work for this song since it's too complex.
(Bond)
Weim_Time007

Re: Need MIDI for "Good Ol' Days" (regular or instrumental)

Postby whypon » 15 Apr 2012 07:20

I tried to remake this song on piano a couple of weeks ago, here is a link to a midi file. It's just the main theme and a simplified intro, but I hope it'll help.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mzik672n4n2yq4p
whypon

Postby Weim_Time007 » 15 Apr 2012 13:55

whypon wrote:I tried to remake this song on piano a couple of weeks ago, here is a link to a midi file. It's just the main theme and a simplified intro, but I hope it'll help.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mzik672n4n2yq4p

:D This is astounding! How did you do this? Was it by ear transcription alone? Tell me your secrets...
(Bond)
Weim_Time007

Postby whypon » 15 Apr 2012 15:19

Yeah, basic solfege knowledge and ear transcription so there could be some false notes. I always love making those, if you need any other MIDI let me know :) .
whypon

Postby Weim_Time007 » 15 Apr 2012 15:43

whypon wrote:Yeah, basic solfege knowledge and ear transcription so there could be some false notes. I always love making those, if you need any other MIDI let me know :) .

I'll definitely accredit you for your work in when I'm all said and done and I post it in my video demonstration. Right now I'm working on the lyrical notes for the song to add in later. I'll probably take your notes and shift octaves so that there aren't any crossed notes. I may even add a couple notes here and there, I'll show you when I'm done. If you want, I'll post this as a collab effort since this song was difficult as it is to transcribe into one piece.

What MIDI transcription program did you use? I use Anvil 2012 out of its simplicity, but I feel that there is a more efficient program out there.

With all the project I have planned for the future I definitely want to keep you in touch.
What's the best way to contact you?

my mail: [email protected]
(Bond)
Weim_Time007

Postby whypon » 16 Apr 2012 04:32

That would be nice, thanks!

I use Logic Pro 9 for nearly everything, since I write music too. When I want to create a MIDI file from what I have recorded I just export it as MIDI.

I'll send you an e-mail, but I've got skype as well.
whypon

Postby Whitetail » 16 Apr 2012 12:36

Just ask tomb himself
It's really just that easy, and far more accurate then whatever you're going to get out of audio transcription unless you actually transcribe it by ear.
Whitetail

Postby Weim_Time007 » 16 Apr 2012 12:43

That was the first thing I tried. Two weeks ago I sent him a message via Facebook, a week later no response. I thought maybe he doesn't check his Facebook, so last week I sent him a message on YouTube. It's been a week and he still hasn't responded. I'm beginning to think he has no interest in my request. However he is on the other side of the planet from my time zone, so I'll try his tumblr, hoping he hasn't already become annoyed with me and will at least respond to my message this time.
(Bond)
Weim_Time007

Return to Sharing is Magic