anyone wanna collab?

Post Midis, project files, samples, stems, here. Also great place to request collaboration or specific files/sounds.

anyone wanna collab?

Postby royalpony5300 » 28 Mar 2012 20:43

hi there everypony. I'm tryin to find one other pony to do a collab with. it's goin to be a tree way collab. it's goin to be me aka royalpony5300, mainly, and (who ever wats to join). the track will be named, "royalpony5300 ft. mainly, (any pony that joins)- princess cadence's wedding after party". Idk about the name of the track but I'll try to come up with somethin els, might be similar. idk. also this track is goin to be a ten minute track, and it's goin to be a hardstyle track. one other thing the preview will be released later on, idk when. and the full track will be released on the 21 of April. the day when the 25 episode of my little pony will be aired. if anypony wants to join my collab, a three way collab, post a comment here in this topic. then after that message me on Skype, its LaGxCelestia_530/ royalpony5300. mainly and I will be waitin, deadline for this collab is this Friday. or if a pony already joined then sorry, I'll have to post a comment on this topic sayin that the spot is already takin and you'll have to wait for the next collab. ok see anypony there, don't forget to post a comment and message me. on slot left.
RoyalPony (Qlimax)

Youtube: Http://www.youtube.com/royalpony5300
DAW: FL studio 10, 11
Genres: hardstyle, rawstyle, and dubstep
Hardware: windows xp, windows 8
Best Pony: Princess Celestia
royalpony5300

Primary: Fl Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Qlimax

Re: anyone wanna collab?

Postby colortwelve » 28 Mar 2012 20:58

I've sort of wanted to try my hand at hardstyle a bit... Brace for Skype yelling.
Youtube -- Soundcloud -- Tumblr -- Bandcamp (new album out!)

I can't feel my brain.
colortwelve

Re: anyone wanna collab?

Postby Navron » 01 Apr 2012 09:40

No offense, but I wouldn't be surprised if many people aren't interested, and here's why:

Part of a collaboration involves the 2 or more musicians to combine their creative talents and make something new. It's a benefit to both musicians because they get to see what kind of sound they can come up with together.

I've been looking at possibly doing a collaboration, and your post actually turned me off. Let's forget the huge paragraph and grammatical errors (just an eyesore,) and look at the way you've worded it:

- "it's goin to be a tree way collab."
- "it's goin to be me aka royalpony5300, mainly, and (who ever wats to join)."
- "the track will be named, "royalpony5300 ft. mainly, (any pony that joins)"
- "also this track is goin to be a ten minute track"
- "and it's goin to be a hardstyle track."

Your entire post is basically saying, "I've made up my mind about everything on this song, and want some names to go along with it."

When you word something and use a lot of "wills" and "it's goin to be," you're taking charge and asserting yourself as the lead person, which is good for certain collabs, but bad when you start picking exactly how long, what style, what title, etc, because that limits the artistic freedom of the artists you're collaborating with, with defeats the whole purpose of a collaboration.

Just trying to help you out here.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Return to Sharing is Magic