Not sure what to call these? Electric notes needed!

Post Midis, project files, samples, stems, here. Also great place to request collaboration or specific files/sounds.

Not sure what to call these? Electric notes needed!

Postby Sinn Ick » 20 Mar 2012 18:47

Hey guys, just wondering im going to work on an electric-like song and need notes like in this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nrbQdqi ... plpp_video
Please let me know of how to get this type of sound, or the FREE packs that would have it?
Thanks very, very much!
"You're giving a new light in my life, I don't know why. I just like knowing you're my friend and I can talk to you"
-Guy i met online
Sinn Ick

Re: Not sure what to call these? Electric notes needed!

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 21 Mar 2012 00:29

You want to know how to write that sort of melody, or you want that kind of synth?

1st: It's major notes, mostly, written around a basic chord progression. Read up on some basic music theory, that'd probably be your best bet if you're unfamiliar with melody.

2nd: It's mostly sawtooth waves, if not exclusively, using a feature called unison. Plugins like Massive have this functionality. Most synth plugins do, you should check out the plugins by TAL, they should allow you to get that kinda sound, and those plugins are free.
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby lunarz » 21 Mar 2012 03:08

I need them sounds too :D
lunarz

Postby Sinn Ick » 21 Mar 2012 16:27

Lavender_Harmony wrote:You want to know how to write that sort of melody, or you want that kind of synth?

1st: It's major notes, mostly, written around a basic chord progression. Read up on some basic music theory, that'd probably be your best bet if you're unfamiliar with melody.

2nd: It's mostly sawtooth waves, if not exclusively, using a feature called unison. Plugins like Massive have this functionality. Most synth plugins do, you should check out the plugins by TAL, they should allow you to get that kinda sound, and those plugins are free.

I'm looking for the types of cords that i could use in piano roll in FL studio, got a tutorieal of how to get that sound from one of those free pulg-ins?
thanks.
"You're giving a new light in my life, I don't know why. I just like knowing you're my friend and I can talk to you"
-Guy i met online
Sinn Ick

Return to Sharing is Magic