PIE.mp3

Post Midis, project files, samples, stems, here. Also great place to request collaboration or specific files/sounds.

PIE.mp3

Postby -djmk- » 17 Mar 2012 07:52

http://soundcloud.com/projectmk/pie-mp3

i don't know what im doing :D

edit: btw its a wip
edit 2: idk if this is even in the right forum. more evidence of my incompetence.
-djmk-

Re: PIE.mp3

Postby Freewave » 17 Mar 2012 10:32

music section for music submissions and our reviews :)

like the samples used. not wild about the twangy synth but like hardstyle ok. needs a bit more work (synths , structiure, and eq) and maybe some context of what the song is about and what you were wanna get across. i went into a small diatribe in another thread (and don't want to quote it again) about the importance of getting a point across in your song and to link it to the show so its means something to the brony hearing it. This has the samples (yay) but i really don't an idea on what its about, which makes it just sort or a bunch of notes strung together. while it doesn't have to be a song, think about what the point of your song is, have the music tell that story, name it appropriately and then get it to sound as good as you can.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Re: PIE.mp3

Postby -djmk- » 19 Mar 2012 19:37

thanks for your tips Pon-3, I'll definitely keep those in mind as i work this piece out!
also i really have no idea what i could make this song about. It was originally going to be something panicky about dropping a pie and flipping your shit, but then I went to Branson and the bluegrass stuck in my head. That twangy synth your hearing is actually a banjo soundfont (which i have replaced with an acoustic guitar and cleaned up massively) and the eq and mastering still need work because i'm still composing :V
-djmk-

Return to Sharing is Magic